- "Hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City have been filled
with thousands of children who have caught respiratory and digestive illnesses
due to the hot weather.
- "Pediatric Hospital I reported that it had examined
nearly 4,000 children patients a day with some 85 per cent of them suffering
from respiratory problems, said a hospital doctor.
- "Meanwhile, more than 3,000 children were brought
into Pediatric Hospital II on Monday. One-third of the children had respiratory
problems and 300 others had digestive problems.
- "Besides, many children have been hospitalized for
brain diseases caused by the entero virus.
- "The major reason behind the illnesses is that children
are sleeping all night with fans on due to the hot weather in recent days."
- The deafening dearth of data in Vietnam may have ended.
- The number of children alone would be cause for concern,
but large numbers of patients with respiratory and digestive illness and
"brain diseases" in Vietnam ring alarm bells very loudly.
- Serious H5N1 testing is indicated, although results from
Quang Binh, Haiphong, and Quang Ninh have not been reported.
- Bird flu monitoring in Vietnam is well beyond scandalous.
- © 2005 Recombinomics. All rights reserved.