- Some people appear to have an almost pathological emotional
attachment to their cell phones and there is a fascinating suggestion that
cell radiation pulses might actually be addictive to the human brain..
We can't save those who would rather die than switch. But ethics compelled
us to ensure that all reasonable people have access to the basic scientific
- Your cell phone is a microwave transmitter and it should
bear a cancer warning! Microwave energy oscillates at millions to billions
of cycles per second. The Journal of Cellular Biochemistry reports that
these frequencies cause cancer and other diseases by interfering with cellular
DNA and its repairmechanisms. Microwave promotes rapid cell aging. Italian
scientists have recently demonstrated that cell phone radiation makes cancerous
cells grow aggressively. Cordless phones marked 900 megahertz or 2.4 gigahertz
emit the same dangerous microwave radiation as cell phones.
- The connection between microwave exposure and cancer
has been documented for years. During the Cold War, the Soviets irradiated
the U.S. Embassy in Moscow , Russia , with low level, twin-beam microwave
radiation. Two successive ambassadors developed leukemia. Other staffers
also developed cancer, or their blood showed DNA damage, which precedes
- Research by University of Washington professor Dr. Henry
Lai shows brain cells are clearly damaged by microwave levels far below
the U.S. government's "safety" guidelines. Dr. Lai notes that
even tiny doses of radio frequency can cumulate over time and lead to harmful
effects. He warns that public exposure to radiation from wireless transmitters
"should be limited to minimal."
- Motorola advises consumers to avoid pointing a cellular
antenna toward exposed parts of the body. But independent tests show that
cell phones can also leak huge amounts of radiation from the keypad and
mouthpiece. This radiation deeply penetrates brain, ear and eye tissues,
which are especially susceptible to microwave damage. Belt clip cases allow
cell phones to deliver radiation to the liver or kidney areas when a wired,
hands-free earpiece is used.
- Recent studies confirm that cell and cordless phone microwave
- * Damage nerves in the scalp
- * Cause blood cells to leak hemoglobin
- * Cause memory loss and mental confusion
- * Cause headaches and induce extreme fatigue
- * Create joint pain, muscle spasms and tremors
- * Create burning sensation and rash on the skin
- * Alter the brain's electrical activity during sleep
- * Induce ringing ! in the ears, impair sense of smell
- * Precipitate cataracts, retina damage and eye cancer
- * Open the blood-brain barrier to viruses and toxins
- * Reduce the number and efficiency of white blood cells
- * Stimulate asthma by producing histamine in mast cells
- * Cause digestive problems and raise bad cholesterol
- * Stress the endocrine system, especially pancreas, thyroid,
- In 1993, the telecom industry committed $25 million dollars
for a series of research projects designed to prove that cell phones are
safe. The studies proved just the opposite! They proved that federal microwave
exposure standards are dangerously inadequate. Cell damage and tumors can
be easily induced in the lab at about one third of the FCC's exposure guidelines.
- The telecom boys panicked. They and their lackey politicians
and federal regulators decided the only lucrative thing to do was to LIE
and DENY. Despite damning evidence, the FDA still prevaricates:
- "There is no reason to conclude that there are health
risks posed by cell phones to consumers."
- Meantime, the telecom industry has been pressing to INCREASE
BY MORE THAN 10 TIMES the allowable human exposure to cell phone radiation!
- Luckily, Dr. George Carlo headed up the industry's study
project. He presents the shocking facts in his book, Cell Phones: Invisible
Hazards in the Wireless Age: An Insider's Alarming Discoveries About Cancer
and Genetic Damage (Carroll and Graf, 2001). A summary of Dr. Carlo's book
is this: Cell phones are hot, adequate protective regulations are naught,
and Americans are being "fried" so that the deceitful telecom
industry can rake it in! It's dirty business as usual, and the longer the
industry can con the public, the more billions it collects.
- On June 16, 2002 , CBS aired a Sixty Minutes segment
which confirmed the telecom industry is about as grungy as it gets. CBS
producers accused major phone service providers of cheating, scamming,
forging signatures, switching phone service without permission and lying
about charges. The attorney general of Connecticut stated that despite
millions of dollars in fines each year, these companies remain incorrigible.
Should we be trusting this industry with our brain tissues and our very
- Microwave to the head is extremely hazardous to children.
Parents in some European nations are now warned to keep children away from
cell phones. A University of Utah researcher found the younger the child,
the more radiation is absorbed by the brain. Spanish researchers have shown
that cell phones can alter electrical activity of a child's brain for hours,
causing drastic mood changes and possible behavior and learning disabilities.
Scientists fear that cell phone radiation could damage human embryos. Pregnant
women are advised to be wary.
- A cell phone must greatly increase its field strength
to maintain communications within the metallic cage of an auto. Thus, the
effect of microwave radiation inside a vehicle is especially intense. Volkswagen
of Europe has warned that cell phone usage inside a car can be "injurious
to health due to the extremely high electromagnetic fields generated."
- Insurance studies in England showed that an average driver
talking on a cell is actually more impaired in function and reaction time
than a drunk. Finland's Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority reports
that one hour of exposure to mobile phone radiation can cause human cells
to shrink. Researchers believe this is due to increased protein activity,
an indicator of cell damage. What an unstable world needs now is a global
population afflicted with incredible shrinking brains.
- Brain cancer rates in USA have increased by 25% since
1975. In 2001, 185,000 Americans were diagnosed with some form of brain
cancer. A grade four brain tumor can grow from the size of a grape to tennis
ball size in just 4 months.
- Brain tumors are almost always fatal and most people
die within 6-12 months after diagnosis. On April 7, 2002 , Sixty Minutes
aired a fascinating report on brain cancer, explaining that scientists
are unsure why incidence of the disease is growing so exponentially.
- Ironically, the segment was followed by a Sprint ad,
which advised parents that the best way to keep track of teenagers is to
connect them to a cell phone. While researchers say that radical damage
to the brain can occur within the first few minutes of conversation, telecom
ads encourage customers to spend many hours on the phone each month. Those
blazing, full-page cell phone ads in newspapers and magazines must be the
reason cell phone dangers are almost never discussed in the mainstream
- An excellent resource tool is Robert Kane's book Cellular
Telephone Russian Roulette (Vantage Press, 2001). As a telecommunications
expert, Kane presents an impressive collection of studies showing that
both government agencies and cell phone manufacturers KNEW YEARS AGO that
cell phone radiation at present exposure levels is dangerous to human health.
He notes that cell! phones would be rendered useless if their RF emissions
were reduced to safe levels.
- Reports of illness from heavy cell phone usage and from
living or working close to powerful RF transmitters are synchronous with
numerous cancer-related lawsuits now being filed against the cell phone
industry. The insurance industry sees big trouble ahead. Underwriters for
Lloyd's of London refuse to insure phone manufacturers against damage to
users' health. Cell phones are today what tobacco was 40 years ago.
- Excellent web sites offering up-to-date scientific data
on microwave and other radiation issues are:
- 1. www.energyfields.org
- 2. www.microwavenews.com
- 3. www.emrnetwork.org
- 4. www.wave-guide.org
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for free updates on important
radiation issues and studies.
- Dr. Lai's e-mail is email@example.com
- Powerful microwave energy directed at homes, offices
and schools can flow right through windows and walls.
- Jim Mortellaro
- And the facts are ...
- Most newer cellphones have an attachment for an external
antenna. Use it. This allows ALL the energy radiated by the phone to be
outside the vehicle, reducing to nearly zero the amount of energy in the
vehicle and you. Most people are not even aware that their phone has such
a connection. More's the pity.
- Using the cellphone on your person is also a no-brainer.
Merely use a hands free device, allowing you to place the phone just about
anywhere safer than stuck in your ear. Neat. Petite. Safe. Use it.
- We live in an age of communications. There is nothing
one may do to protect one's self from radiated RF energy. Nothing. Unless
you choose to live in a lead lined home or apartment. As a result, and
assuming one is able, choose your home or apartment carefully. If you
can, locate your home in an area which has less energy surrounding it.
Some of us are able to do this. Many cannot. More's the pity for those
- One thing is certain. Whatever you do, you will never
isolate yourself from radiated RF energy. To lobby against communications
means the death of our civilization. A strong statement indeed. But notwithstanding
the strength of the statement ... true.
- Using a hands free device in the car is advised. My cellphone
has voice recognition. It will dial the number you tell it to dial, in
digits. It will dial the number of a person you've stored in memory as
well. It has ports for an external antenna and a hands free device. Together,
the cost of an antenna for the outside of the vehicle is less than $30
American. The cost of a simple hands free device is less than $20 American.
For a total investment of about $50, one may remain free of radiation and
still enable the use of the phone.
- Rather than state the problems, state some solutions
as well. It is more appropriate and a lot more important to those reading
- Jim Mortellaro