- Popular Mechanics totally ignored discussion of the 'conspiracy
theory' that remote control guided the airplanes of 9/11. The only question
the RC conspiracy theorists leave open is: Where were the airplanes controlled
from? NASA does more than spaceships pioneering the remote control of
airliners. IT SHOULD NOT BE IMPLIED THAT NASA WAS INVOLVED IN 9/11. CLEARLY
THEY WERE NOT INVOLVED.
- Excerpts from: http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/gallery/photo/CID/HTML/index.html
- * Before the final flight on December 1, 1984, more
than four years of effort passed trying to set-up final impact conditions
- * NASA Dryden developed the remote piloting techniques
necessary for the B-720 to fly as a drone aircraft
- * The 15 flights had 15 takeoffs, 14 landings and a
larger number of approaches to about 150 feet above the prepared crash
site under remote control.
- * On the final flight (No. 15) with no crew, all fuel
tanks were filled with a total of 76,000 pounds of AMK and the remotely-piloted
aircraft landed on Rogers Dry Lakebed in an area prepared with posts to
test the effectiveness of the AMK in a controlled impact.
- * The CID, which some wags called the Crash in the Desert,
was spectacular with a large fireball enveloping and burning the B-720