- Either aliens are visiting Manitoban airspace more frequently,
or the smoking ban has forced people to spend more time staring at the
sky. Whatever the reason, a report released yesterday by Ufology Research
of Manitoba states that there were 112 UFO sightings in Manitoba last year,
which more than doubles the previous record for sightings and is more than
four times as many as in 2003.
- In fact, the 882 sightings across the country last year
also constituted a record, but UFO researchers are baffled as to why.
- "It is puzzling. We know things are up all over
Canada. In fact several provinces saw all-time records last year,"
said Chris Rutkowski, the research co-ordinator for Ufology Research of
Manitoba, a group of about a dozen people who compile UFO sighting statistics
for all of Canada.
- "We're way past X-Files now and there aren't a lot
of UFO-type movies out there so we can't blame media," said Rutkowski.
"It could be something as simple or obvious as there are more objects
in the sky to be seen."
- Copyright © 2005, CANOE, a division of Canoe Inc.All