- Hello, Jeff - Talk about mixed signals and CWD 'madness...'
NY State and Local health authorities have decided not to follow-up on
the health of the people who ate CWD infected deer flesh at a local firemen's
- Oneida County Health Deaprtment wants anyone whol attendeld
the event and consumed the venison to call them or the NY State Health
Dept. Oneida County Health Dept. spokesman Fen Fanelli said "the
people who consumed the deer did not need to worry about contracting the
disease. We want to discuss the issue with them and to reassure them,"
- Sounds a lot like they want to brainwash them into thinking
they have nothing to worry about.
- However, on the otherhand we are told that an experiment
conducted in the year 2000 showed the CWD pathogen has the potential to
cause illness in humans in laboratory experiments.
- Which is it?
- Patricia Doyle
- Infected CWD Deer Consumed At NY Banquet
- VERONA, NY (UPI) --
A deer that tested positive for chronic wasting disease in New York was
served and eaten at a function in Verona, health officials said Monday.
- The deer was served at the Verona Fire Department's Annual
Sportsmen's Feast on Sunday, March 13. Chronic wasting disease is a deadly
illness similar to mad cow disease that occurs in deer and elk.
- The Oneida County Health Department wants anyone who
attended the event and consumed venison to call them or the New York State
- Oneida County Health Department spokesman Ken Fanelli
said people who consumed the deer did not need to worry about contracting
the disease, according to the Utica Observer Dispatch.
- "We want to discuss the issue with them and to reassure
them," Fanelli said.
- However, an experiment conducting in the year 2000 showed
the CWD pathogen has the potential to cause illness in humans in laboratory
- The infected deer was one of two deer to test positive
for CWD in Oneida County in the past week. These are the first cases of
the deadly disease uncovered on the Eastern seaboard.
- Copyright 2005 by United Press International. All Rights
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
board at: http://www.clickitnews.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health