- Secret Service Papers Raise Issue of Propaganda, National
Security, and Possible Sex Scandals in the White House; Bush, Old Media
Hope No One Notices
- Secret Service's Disclosure of "Temporary
Granted to "Jeff Gannon" Reveals That the Service Can Only
for 49 Days of Security Clearance for Gannon Out of the More Than Two Years
He Spent "Reporting" in the White House Press Corps
- By Advocate Staff
- We've covered the Gannongate scandal so many times in
this space, we can't, in fact, easily or comprehensively link to our
of this enormous, stunning, and almost criminally under-investigated
without running out twenty or more links in the first paragraph of this
- Suffice to say that if you begin reading The Nashua
archives (to be found on the sidebar to the right) on February 16th, 2005,
and continue reading the next month's worth of articles, you'll have a
fairly good primer of where our story stands so far, to include a
effort between "Gannon" and the G.O.P. to bring down U.S. Senator
Tom Daschle last November; out-and-out lies from the Bush Administration
and the Republican Party of Texas regarding the scandal; Democratic calls
for a Congressional investigation which were gleefully ignored by the
upright and national security-conscious Republican Party; and much evidence
(see here, for example) that Gannon was a White House propaganda plant,
if not much, much (and salaciously so) more.
- [And that's just a taste of what's out there--to
each and every mind-bending twist and turn in this saga, one really has
to peruse the entire Advocate archives from mid-February to
- So what a story this is: a practicing gay hooker
the White House press corps after being hired by a fictional conservative
news service, despite having no journalistic experience or professional
credentials whatsoever, despite using an alias, and despite failing every
possible measure for legitimate entrance into the hallowed halls of the
Bush Administration's secret lair.
- That is, the White House--which, in fact, we own, not
- Now the U.S. Secret Service has revealed damning
which blow this already stranger-than-fiction (but wholly true) scandal
entirely out of the water.
- 1. Secret Service Access Control Records which establish
that so-called "reporter" "Jeff Gannon" (real name
"James Guckert," "working" name "The
yes, we're serious) entered the highest-security building in the world--The
White House--on dozens of occasions when there was no journalistic reason
for him to be there, because, in short, no press briefing was being held.
That's right, a practicing, alias-using gay hooker roaming the halls of
the White House, doing God knows what for God knows what reason.
And what's even better, the Secret Service can't locate many of his
and "out" times for his hours-long forays into the People's
- 2. The Secret Service has also now answered written
submitted to the agency by Democratic Members of Congress. These answers
contain irrefutable proof that Gannon received extraordinary and entirely
inexplicable special treatment from members of the Administration in
the White House under the dubious--even incredible--circumstances in which
he pitched tent there for more than two years as a phony reporter and
Bush Administration propagandist.
- 3. Top progressive news agencies like Raw Story are
starting to put together some of the pieces of the puzzle in response to
this new evidence from the Secret Service.
- And the picture isn't pretty.
- Consider this excerpt from the article linked to
- Guckert made more than two dozen excursions to the White
House when there were no scheduled briefings. On many of these days, the
Press Office held press gaggles aboard Air Force One--which raises
about what Guckert was doing at the White House. On other days, the
held photo opportunities.
- On at least fourteen occasions, Secret Service records
show either the entry or exit time missing. Generally, the existing entry
or exit times correlate with press conferences; on most of these days,
the records show that Guckert checked in but was never processed
- In March 2003, Guckert left the White House twice on
days he had never checked in with the Secret Service. Over the next 22
months, Guckert failed to check out with the Service on fourteen days.
On several of these visits, Guckert either entered or exited by a different
entry/exit point than his usual one. On one of these days, no briefing
was held; on another, he checked in twice but failed to check out.
- "I'd be worried if I was the White House and I knew
that a reporter with a day pass never left," one White House reporter
told Raw Story. "I'd wonder, where is he hiding? It seems like a
- In fact, if this were the Clinton White House there would
be a Senate investigation with full subpoena power being undertaken right
- And indeed, the Ranking Minority Member of the Senate
Foreign Relations Committee, U.S. Senator Joe Biden (D-DE)--a man who knows
a thing or two about identifying and investigating grand-scale security
breaches in the White House and in American government--has said publicly
(on television, no less) that he thinks an immediate investigation is
- And that was before this bombshell from the Secret
which establishes Gannongate as, at worst, a massive national security
scandal, at least a stunning propaganda scandal, and quite possibly--as
The Advocate has been speculating longer than just about anyone, since
February 16th--a homosexual sex scandal involving top members of the Bush
- Only the light of inquiry will uncover the filth, graft,
media manipulation, and possible criminal activity which undergirds this
- So, any bets on whether the Moral Majority in Congress
will be willing to investigate a gay hooker with a false name traipsing
through the maximum-security White House without A) a care in the world,
or B) any reason whatsoever to be there, particularly since he's claimed
publicly (which we now know to be a lie) that no one in the Bush
did him any special favors?
- Oh, but you bet your ass they did him special favors,
and not merely in allowing him to be one of the few reporters called on
at the President's (ultra-rare) January 26th, 2005 press conference.
- The Bush Administration, and no one else, made this
reporter famous and violated traditional, long-in-place White House
and security policies in order to do it.
- What precisely did they get in return, from a gay hooker
with absolutely no professional credentials in any other sphere of
- Where's a rocket scientist when you need one? to check
- on the days that Gannon was at the White House, was Rove there also?
If not Rove, who? I know that to even mentioning this is Un-American,
and anti-Jesus. But, if true, the people have a right to know, in light
of the anti-gay prejudice which pours out of their hypocritical mouths
every day. Plus, it would be funny as hell.
- By nights her hubby did not come home and match it with
the nights Gannon did not check out! It's well known he is the type that
can be had, and just why is it he had to leave the guard? Could it be he
mixed more than coke and smoke? Inquiring minds need to know!