- Helllo Jeff - Please bear in mind that Dr. Niman uses
a software program for translating the abundant news/boxun Xining reports.
Translation into English from the Chinese is a bit rough.
- China is desparately trying to hide the extent of bird
flu in the country and especially hiding the fact of the human deaths.
The last figure we had was 121 however a news blackout took place after
the intial report and there might be many more human deaths.
- Given the extent of the infection of H5N1 and also documented
Foot and Mouth Disease outbreaks in China, it is not prudent to import
stray dogs from China to place in shelters around the US.
- Wouldn't it have been more prudent to control ownership
thus monitoring pet owners to be sure that they keep the pets they had
purchased. If dogs were to be transported outside of China I would think
that it would have been easier to transport them to other Asian countries.
The US was specified as the country to be given the dogs.
- A real head scratcher.
- Patricia Doyle
- 3rd Photo of 1000's Of Bird Flu Deaths On
Bird Island, Qinghai
By Dr. Henry L. Niman
- After the two photos of 1000's of dead or dying birds
on May 27 on Bird Island on Qinghai Lake was published, the associated
reporters were arrested. A third photo was added to the June 3rd report.
- This photo appears to be more of the same, except more
birds are standing and it appears to have been taken mid-day because the
shadows of the standing birds are very short. The two earlier shots appeared
to have been near sunrise or sunset because the shadows of the birds were
- The pictures of the birds are in marked contrast to Bird
Island tourist pictures showing many birds walking around and sitting birds
with heads much higher in the air.
- The recent photos look much like the suffocating bar
headed goose in the May 5 official media report describing 178 bar headed
geese who had died but were reported to have not died from bird flu.
- The arrest of reporters in association with these pictures
is alarming and will fuel speculation on the scope of the H5N1 bird flu
outbreak and its spread to humans and other mammals.
- Media source
- Eight Arrests Increase Alarm Over Bird Flu
Deaths in China
Dr. Henry L. Niman, PhD
- On June 5, 2005, Chengdu retransmits Xining to retransmit
the news, when carries on the epidemic situation news verifies, participates
in nine young center eight people which the Qinghai birds and beasts flu
information disclosed already to be arrested:
- * Pakistan uneven Soinam 26 year old of Xining Ji in
June 4 day and night are arrested in Xining (abundant news boxun.com)
- * Wang Daiqi 31 year old of Xining Ji in June 4 day and
night are arrested in Xining
- * South the rope prosperously reaches 29 year old of
Lhasa Ji on June 3 in the small north lake to be arrested
- * Wears South of Tibet 26 year old of Chengdu Ji on June
3 in the small north lake to be arrested
- * The cloth and the forest 30 years old make to breathe
out Ji on June 3 to be arrested in Gill Meng
- * Day Qinghai 28 year old of Lanzhou Ji on June 4 is
arrested in Gangcha County
- * White horse with a black mane Dan river 33 year old
of 乌兰 county Ji on June 4 is arrested in Gangcha
- * Sun Chengjie 31 year old of Golmud Ji on June 3 blue
is arrested in the storehouse
- The above detail on the eight arrests indicates that
they are eight of the nine who have been reporting on H5N1 in Qinghai.
All of the arrests are shortly after the release of the May 27 photos showing
1000's of dead or dying birds on Bird Island.
- The two pictures include a long shot with no birds flying,
and a closer shot with birds sitting. Very few birds are standing and many
of the non-standing birds may already be dead.
- The pictures suggest that the list detailing the deaths
of over 8000 waterfowl may be low. H5N1 rarely kills waterfowl, so the
massive die-off in and around Qinghai Lake is unprecedented.
- The arrest of those providing information is cause for
concern. China has issued blanket denials and provided little detail on
reported human cases. Even for the bird cases, where H5N1 has been isolated
and sequenced, only general information indicating the sequences are different
than H5N1 in Southeast Asia has been released.
- The deaths of over 1000 water birds infected with H5N1
have been acknowledged. The 1000 deaths are cause for concern, and require
an investigations. China's arrest of those providing independent information
increases the alarm level.
- Only an investigation by third parties will end the speculation
on the massive bird die-off and potential spread to humans.
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message board.
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health