- Hello Jeff: The situation in China does not sound good.
A trusted source has notified me about an International organization,
IFAW that has requested the US import dogs from China to North Shore Animal
League on Long Island.
- The IFAW claims that China restricts dog ownership and
the shelters in China are overcrowded. On the surface this appears to
be a humane act, however, given the situation with bird flu and also Foot
and Mouth Disease, I am not sure this is prudent.
- The dogs have arrived at the Long Island shelter and
are to be adopted to US homes.
- Chinese restrictions on dog ownership, namely banning
ownership of certain larger breeds of dogs has been ongoing, and I question
why, at a time of infection in China, were we, the US, asked to take in
Chinese dogs. The timing just seems wrong.
- As a side note: The biography of the head of the IFAW:
- As IFAW President, Mr. Frederick (Fred) O'Regan. "He
has also headed the Community Economics Corporation, a policy and consulting
organization specialized in developing local-level economic and development
programs in the U.S. and the Third World. In this capacity he advised major
foundations, the World Bank and USAID on economic development programming."
- I would also point out that Dr. Niman does have photos
of the dead and dying Bar-Headed Geese as well as photos of Gangcha county
and Bird Island, Qinghai, China.
- Patricia Doyle
- Expanding Fever Clinics in Gangcha County
- Recombinomics Commentary
- By Dr. Henry L. Niman, PhD
- I am having sore throat lately, guess I am smoking too
much, went to the Gangcha County People Hospital to get some antibiotic.
The hospital was awfully busy moving and cleaning. My doctor friend told
me thay are expanding infection wards, and transferred many doctors from
other hospitals. he also told me not to go out if possible. many hospitals
in Qinghai are building additional infection branch, expanding and building
more infection wards and increasing medical staff. I felt anxious hearing
all of this. I got some antibiotic and went home.
- I learned to play computer games lately, and knew about
avian flu is happening here. I hope avian flu won't spread through the
computer network. We used to have pesticide. What do we use to prevent
this virus? My little turtledove disappeared. Could it be my neighbor's
bird snapped it away? How awful!
- The above is a translation of yesterday's Abundant News
story on the increased activity at clinics in and around Gangcha County.
Although the report is unconfirmed, it raises additional concerns. China
has admitted that fever clinic(s) were being expanded, but there have been
no reports of who is being admitted to these clinics. Moreover there have
not been third party investigations of the reports.
- Earlier reports indicated there would be news blackouts,
and there has been specific information on human cases other than blanket
denials of reported cases,
- Clearly third party investigations of these reports of
H5N1 bird flu in people and other mammals are required to reduce the speculation
about the Abundant News reports, which describe a serious situation that
would appear to be at the final flu pandemic phase 6 level, which is defined
by widespread and sustained human-to-human transmission of a non-human
influenza strain likeH5N1.
- Patricia A. Doyle, PhD
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
board at: http://www.clickitnews.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health