- On Tuesday, May 10, 2005, America became a true police
state. Your U.S. senators voted -- unanimously, with no discussion, and
without even reading the bill -- to create a national ID card.
- The Real ID Act blackmails state governments into turning
their drivers licenses into a draconian tool of the federal homeland security
apparatus. If states refuse, their citizens lose such "privileges"
as being allowed to board an airplane, enter a federal building, or apply
for social security. President Bush is expected to sign the bill eagerly
- In three years -- by May 2008 -- this Stalin-style internal
passport will be an American reality. But your government will have _more_
control over you than Stalin ever dreamed in his most violent, vicious,
anti-freedom dreams. (See links to the text of the law and articles about
it at the bottom of this article.)
- But that's only the beginning.
- The creator of the Real ID Act, Rep. James Sensenbrenner,
smiles and tells us that his Real ID Act is all about "solving illegal
immigration" or "preventing terrorists from entering the country."
This is one of the biggest of the thousands of "Big Lies" we've
heard from the tyrants in Washington. The Real ID Act is about tracking
and controlling Americans. You. Me. Our children. Everybody.
- In May 2008, barring a miracle, America as we once knew
it will be in ruins. It will be gone. And the rights of gun owners will
be among the first scheduled for destruction.
- GUN OWNERS: PREPARE TO RESIST
- Here's your future:
- * You walk into a gun store, fill out your 4473, and
show your government ID just as you now do. But instead of looking at your
license and taking down some information, the clerk runs the license (which
is likely to contain a radio-frequency ID chip) through a scanner. Your
purchase is instantly recorded in your _state_ drivers license registry.
The federal government isn't currently allowed to keep a gun registry.
But no problem; the Real ID act gives them an open door into your state
- * Complete information on every firearm you buy will
be instantly available to every police officer (and possibly every government
employee, store clerk, or computer hacker) you ever encounter. You'll be
an instant criminal suspect every time you deal with someone who has access
to the database.
- * Just as travelers are encouraged to get background
checks and give fingerprints to avoid some of the worst excesses of TSA
screening, gun owners will be encouraged to get background checks and give
whatever biometric ID the Department of Homeland Security requires. This
will be sold as a "benefit," ensuring you'll never again experience
an "instant-check" delay. In fact, Congress, the ATF, or the
FBI might even "mandate" 5-day or 15-day delays for anyone not
enrolled in the "Trusted Firearms Buyer" program.
- * The private purchase "loophole" will be closed,
so that all gun buyers must make trackable purchases. (The ultimate goal
is for _every_ purchase of every kind to be trackable.)
- * Buying ammo? The store scans your national ID card
and -- bingo! -- your purchase is registered in the state database.
- * The federal government or state governments can now
also _effectively_ legislate limits on the amount or kind of ammunition
you're "allowed" to purchase. Try to buy more and the database
instantly rejects you.
- * The federal government or state governments can now
also _effectively_ legislate limits on the number of guns you may own.
Try to buy more, and the database rejects you.
- * Eventually -- after the federal government "discovers"
the obvious, that national ID won't stop either illegal immigration or
terrorism -- the old attack on "evil guns" will resume. When
they want your .50 BMG . they'll know just where to find it (because the
Real ID act says your home address _must_ be revealed). When they want
your evil "scoped sniper rifle" (you know, the one you hunt deer
with), they'll know just how to get it. Ditto with you "Saturday Night
Special" or your "assault weapon."
- * If you don't surrender your guns, well, then the Department
of Homeland Security will cut off your driving "privilege," as
well as your right to escape the growing police state via plane. You'll
be a prisoner in your own home, in your own country. Or you'll be forced
to function as an outlaw, operating and living a precarious existence beneath
the government radar.
- PARANOID? OR PAYING ATTENTION?
- You say these projections are ridiculous? That we're
- Well, frankly, if the Real ID Act doesn't make you paranoid,
you're not paying enough attention. We ask you to consider the long-term
impact of a few other acts of government.
- In the 1930s, Congress promised us that our social security
numbers would never, absolutely never, be used for identification. Now,
they're the key to everything about us -- and without a social security
number you won't get a drivers license and you won't even be "allowed"
to drive after May 2008.
- In 1913, Congress and the media swore to us that the
brand- new income tax would only affect the rich. Well, how rich do you
feel after paying 40 percent of your income (or more!) in taxes?
- This is the way government works. They've even got a
term for it: mission creep. And there is no creepier mission than the mission
the federal government has currently set itself: to track everyone, everywhere,
and to control what we do.
- We warned you in _The State vs. the People_ (http://www.jpfo.org/tsvtp.htm
) that this was coming. That book is still relevant, still a good read,
and still filled with information about what our future will be like in
this new American police state.
- Be forewarned. Be aware.
- REAL ID: IT'S THE LAW AND IT'S CRIMINAL
- Please take a moment to go to this site:
- Click on the link that leads to the song "Justice
- Listen to the music or read the lyrics.
- Here's the opening of the song:
- You're the boot.
- Stomping on the human face forever.
- You're the eye.
- Staring down on everyone and ever seeing all.
- You're the lie.
- Twisting all our minds into your whoredom.
- You are Death.
- You are war.
- You are slavery.
- You're the law.
- You're the law.
- You're the LAW!
- George Orwell was the first to describe totalitarianism
as a "boot stomping on the human face forever." But in Orwell's
day Americans would have had a hard time believing that the law -- the
good old, all-American legislature -- all those smiling senators and "representatives"
would be the ones to plant their iron heels in our faces. Back in those
innocent days, we imagined tyranny would come from _outside_.
- Well, tyranny is here. And it's a gift from the very
people we so trustingly put into office.
- Tyranny is THE LAW.
- Is this a way to run a country? Tacking something as
onerous as national ID onto a must-pass bill and making it law without
any debate? What does this say about people the gun owners consider their
friends? In the House, where the bill containing the Real ID Act passed
368-58, only three Republicans voted against it. Here's the final roll-call
vote so you can see how your own congressperson voted: http://tinyurl.com/cr3bj
- In the Senate, not one person cared enough about freedom
to vote against it -- or even to demand that senators _discuss_ it.
- (The Real ID Act originally passed the House in February
as a standalone bill (H.R. 418) by a vote of 261-to-161. House leaders,
realizing national ID would have been in trouble in the Senate, then added
it to a must-pass military appropriations bill in a cynical ploy to make
it almost impossible to fight national ID.)
- Turning America into a full-fledged police state was
just business as usual to your representatives. And, just as Adolf Hitler
scrupulously followed German law while committing his horrors, so your
"representatives" and the bureaucrats you face at the national-ID
drivers license bureau will also be following the law -- the Real ID law
that allows them to enslave you.
- (To see what a real Bill of Rights leader would do, read
the novel _Hope_ by Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith: http://www.jpfo.org/hope.htm
- WHAT NEXT?
- We have two choices now: Resist or submit.
- More than 600 organizations, from the American Civil
Liberties Union to the National Governors Association, opposed the bill.
Even the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (which loves
national ID and was largely responsible for an earlier attempt at such
legislation nine years ago) criticized it.
- We can expect lawsuits against national ID, including
at least one suit led by state governments.
- However, nearly all the opposition from state governments
focuses on one area: They're upset because the federal government didn't
offer them extra money to enslave us. If Congress bribes them with enough
millions and billions, they'll gladly sell our freedom.
- Only one state, Montana, has so far absolutely refused
to cooperate with national ID. The Montana legislature passed a law saying
they would not go along. However, that will mean that Montana residents
are barred from flying without extreme extra scrutiny or from applying
for federal benefits because their licenses will be "non-compliant."
Although we applaud the courageous Montana legislators, no doubt we'll
soon hear many Montanans demanding the "privilege" of having
a real national ID card.
- Ultimately, real resistance is up to us, as individuals.
There are certain courses of action JPFO cannot recommend. But every freedom
lover should be pleased if all the people who had a hand in creating Real
ID act lost their jobs -- soon. And those individuals who truly value their
(and their children's) futures should seriously consider making national
ID their line in the sand.
- We have already heard from many people saying they will
drive without a license rather than submit to a license that has become
a Stalinist control document. We just hope their resolve stays equally
strong when they face a world in which it's impossible to buy, sell, retire,
travel -- or buy a gun -- without national ID.
- We ask you to remember men like Alexandr Solzhenitzyn
- http://tinyurl.com/at9yn and Natan Sharansky
- http://tinyurl.com/chwet .
- Both stood up and boldly opposed a tyrannical regime
in the Soviet Union. Both risked their lives. Both suffered horribly for
their resistance and their protests. But eventually, they triumphed --
and the Soviet Union crumbled.
- We are in need of such people, and such courage, today.
We cannot wait for _someone else_ to stand up and show that kind of integrity.
- We must become the kind of people we admire if we are
ever again to live in a nation we can trust.
- G-d help us if we fail.*
- - The Liberty Crew
- ABOUT THE REAL ID ACT
- Text of the law:
- "No Real Debate for Real ID"
- "Last Chance to Stop National ID"
- http://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=5887 . (written
- Senate passage)
- * We spell G-d this way because in Judaism it is considered
- a sign of respect. We spell out the name of the Creator
- only in sacred settings.
- Original Material in JPFO ALERTS is Copyright 2005 JPFO,
- Permission is granted to reproduce this alert in full,
- as the following JPFO contact information is included:
- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
- PO Box 270143
- Hartford, Wisconsin 53027
- Phone: 1-262-673-9745
- Order line: 1-800-869-1884 (toll-free!)
- Fax: 1-262-673-9746