- "The reason for the mass case of birds at The Utyatskeye
poultry processing facility in the Kurgan province became hen influenza.
- Are already destroyed 88 thousand hens.
- According to Petrenko, bird influenza was carried to
the factory, most likely, by pigeons, by seagulls or by rooks."
- The above machine translation describes an H5N1 wild
burd flu outbreak at the largest poultry processing pant in Kurgan (see
map). The outbreak may be signaling migration from southern Siberia to
warmer regions in Europe. Many birds fly to the Caspian and Black Seas
- The recent deaths of wild birds in Mongolia may signal
a similar migration from southern Siberia / Northern Mongolia to warmer
locations to the south and east
- Wild birds brought H5N1 to Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia
where outbreaks were reported in July and August. Prior to this season,
there were no reports of H5N1 in these countries.
- Recently, sequences of isolates from birds in Novosibisk,
including an isolate from a health wild bird, demonstrated that the isolates
were closely related to the isolates from Qinghai Lake in China.
- © 2005 Recombinomics. All rights reserved.