- ASTANA (RIA Novosti) - An
outbreak of bird flu has been registered in Kazakhstan, the country's Agriculture
Ministry announced Monday.
- "A report from the Agriculture Research Institute
of Kazakhstan showed that tissue and blood serums taken from wild and domestic
birds in the Irtysh district of Pavlodar region contain the highly contagious
bird flu type A of the anti-gene formula H5N1," a ministry report
- Foreign specialists participated in the research, the
- A quarantine was introduced in the region where the outbreak
was registered. There have been no reported cases of bird flu at private
farms and the epizootic situation is normal.
- It was earlier reported that hundreds of birds died of
bird flu at the Nan farm in Kazakhstan.