- Note - The first paragraph is a software translation.
- From 10 positive cases of birds flu, six people including
dying namely Iwan Siswara, his two daughters Sabrina and Thalita, Rini
Ignoble, Riska and Karwati. Whereas four positive patients birds flu that
still was living namely Paradise, Gayatri pearls and two patients from
South Sulawesi. The "complete name that from South Sulawesi, I forgot,"
- The machine translation above includes two recent H5N1
bird flu deaths in the Jakarta area. The most recent is Karwati a mother
of two who has been described in media repots as being 27 or 30. One report
indicates she has a connection with the Ragunan Zoo, but most reports link
her exposure to 15 birds that died near her home, including one or more
that was eaten. Another was given to neighbors and they are undergoing
testing. Her death is the first strongly linked to birds who had suddenly
- The other case, Riska, died last week and was just confirmed
to be H5N1 positive. She also had contact with dead birds, but also had
a pet bird, which again focuses attention on pet birds. The first three
H5N1 reported fatalities were in a family from Tangerang. The birdcage
across the street from their residence was H5N1 positive.
- The above report also indicates H5N1 patients have been
identified in South Sulawesi. These data indicate that the H5N1 in humans
in Indonesia is widespread, In addition to the 10 confirmed cases, there
are 32 cases being investigated.
- There is considerable concern over false negatives or
misdiagnosis. Rini Ignoble's (Rini Dina's) nephew, Paradise initially
was H5N1 positive by PCR, but is now being discharged and is H5N1 negative,
He will be the first discharged positive patient. Thus, collections from
patients after the H5N1 has been cleared from serum will fail to detect
the infection. Similarly, misdiagnosis is common. Karwati was initially
diagnosed as having typhus, which was changed to Dengue Fever when she
vomited blood and was bleeding from her nose. This presentation sounds
similar to the index case in Thailand, who subsequently infected her mother
- The above negatives and mis-diagnosis of Dengue Fever
raise serious questions about the monitoring of H5N1 in Indonesia and throughout
- Webmaster: email@example.com
- © 2005 Recombinomics. All rights reserved.