- "One person whose name has not been released has
been taken to a local hospital on suspicion of having contracted the disease."
- The case listed above is the first reported suspect case
in Turkey. H5 has been confirmed in Turkey and the large number of poultry
deaths strongly implicate H5N1. However, there have been no confirmed
human cases associated with the H5N1 wild bird flu in Russia, Kazakhstan,
- However, H5N1 evolves, and the wild bird strain is virulent
in a wide range of bird species and the Qingahi Lake versions have the
human PB2 polymorphisms, E627K.
- More information on the hospitalized case would be useful.
- © 2005 Recombinomics. All rights reserved.