- People are coming forward faster than the flood waters
engulfed New Orleans, as more eye witness accounts are surfacing about
the levees being blown-up by the dirty hands of government agents or military
- This time eye witnesses are talking about how they overheard
several military enlisted men at a New Orleans check-point, talking about
how several of "their military buddies" were being reprimanded
for blowing the levees even though acting on direct orders.
- Although several New Orleans residents have already given
their names and told about hearing a huge explosion at the Industrial Canal
just before it gave-way, others like the person hearing the military chatter
are asking to remain anonymous, frightened of being intimidated and harassed
by Homeland Security.
- And with the obvious "hush-hush" attitude pervading
the minds of many Americans, the Gestapo-like neo-con stranglehold on Washington
is now seeping into the heartland, moving America closer and closer to
becoming a full-blown fascist state.
- Listen as Bruce, who wants to leave out his last name,
explains how he heard second-hand information concerning a military demolition
of the levees and how his source wants to also remain anonymous fearing
- "My carpenter friend came back from the Katrina
area to tell about going through one of the check-points down there that
was manned by some National Guardsmen. He said they were having an angry
conversation about their friend who was being court-martialed for blowing
the levee," said Bruce. "They were particularly angry because
they said he had been ordered to do it in the first place. This was the
first time that my buddy had even heard anyone say anything about the levee
having been blown.
- "I talked him into calling you but he wants to remain
anonymous. He doesn't remember names he just remembers the conversation.
He says the guys were saying 'it's a good thing they didn't send us or
we'd be the ones getting hassled' sort of stuff. He had a buddy with him
who may remember more than he did."
- Besides the information surfacing regarding explosions
being heard at the levees and government complicity, former U.S. Senator
Max Cleland has called attention to a number of bodies that turned up in
the Charity Hospital trauma center several days after the hurricane, obviously
assassinated with bullets in the back of their heads.
- Although there has been no official explanation as to
the cause of death, the question has to be asked whether the assassinated
bodies recovered in the flood waters had been witnesses to the levee sabotage?
- Last October, Cleland commented:
- "I think New Orleans has a real challenge on its
hands, not just in recovering from the disaster, the natural disaster,
but what has happened to the police department thereAnd then, of course,
in the Charity Hospital there, the trauma center a few days after the hurricane
went through, a number of bodies wound up there, assassinated with bullets
in the back of their head.
- "Those corpses are over in a warehouse now, and
nobody's really seen them but the pathologist who told a friend of mine,
who told me. So we have a massive cover-up here, I think, that has to be
- The cover-up Cleland is referring to may also involve
the real cause behind the levee failures, as recently Terry Adams, a lower
- Ward resident living a block away from the Industrial
Canal, reported hearing a huge explosion just before the levee gave-way
and he floated downstream to safety on his rooftop.
- Besides Adams, New Orleans bus driver, Ryan Washington,
recently said he has heard numerous other stories just like the Adams account,
recalling a massive explosion prior to a "three football field long
hole" in the Industrial Canal caused massive flooding, resulting in
death and destruction throughout New Orleans.
- Washington said another local resident, Michael Night,
heard the same explosion but was unavailable for comment.
- "I've talked to many people hearing the same massive
explosions by the Industrial Canal," said Washington in a telephone
conversation from his home in nearby Slidell. "I will get busy compiling
the names as we need to get at the truth behind what really happened as
rich land developers and the government have been trying to get their hands
on the 9th
- Ward property ever since the same thing happened during
Hurricane Betsy in 1965."
- Not only do Adams, Washington and Night think the levees
were purposely blown, but long time New Orleans activist known as Mama
D testified to the same in Congress recently but received a cool reception
from legislators, who appeared to want to ignore the accusations and eye
- Besides Mama D, Capital Hill discussions about the levee
failure have recently included comments from New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin,
testifying before the Senate only three weeks ago.
- According to a Capital Hill insider who wants to remain
anonymous, Nagin's comments outside the hearing room were far more interesting
than what he officially told Senators.
- "Listen to Mayor Nagin's testimony at the Senate
hearings in Washington a few weeks ago. Very interesting," said the
anonymous source closely following the New Orleans levee story. "Apparently
he told some media people that the levees may have been blown and that
the military was gunning down unarmed civilians and one Senator called
him on it. Of course, Nagin backed down in the end."
- For more informative articles, go to www.arcticbeacon.com.