- So we will not be caught off guard as was the case in
Yitzhak Rabin's murder, here is the background to Ariel Sharon's second
stroke. Be prepared to think this time around:
- The First Stroke
- Dec. 19 Prime Minister Sharon shares drinks with Shimon
Peres in the Knesset. Within half an hour, Sharon is driven to hospital
unconscious. It took him a day before he could even spell his own name.
He was brought into the hospital by his bodyguard, Yoram Rubin. As a good
chunk of Israel knows today, it was the Peres-Rubin team that murdered
Yitzhak Rabin. When Rubin was shown on television news accompanying Sharon's
stretcher, suspicions spread throughout the country.
- For two days, Sharon remained in hospital where he underwent
intensive tests. We may ask, how did they miss the blood clot that struck
Sharon barely two weeks later?
- The timing of Sharon's latest stroke is uncanny. It occurred
one day after he was implicated in an enormous scandal. For those unaware
of the background to the scandal, peruse the following:
- Recently, police have revealed the possibility that Kern
served as a front man for Martin Schlaff, a known friend of Sharon,s and
an Austrian-Jewish businessman heavily invested in Israel, and that he
was the man who stood behind the "loan in order to receive favors
from the prime minister in the form of reopening the casino he owns in
- From www.inn.com Jan. 4/05
- POLICE : EVIDENCE Police Say There´s Evidence Linking
Sharon to $3 Million Bribe
- CHANNEL TEN REPORTING The police say they know of evidence
linking PM Ariel Sharon to the receipt of a $3 million bribe. So reported
Channel Ten tonight, causing a storm of reaction and calls for Sharon to
- CYRIL KERN & MARTIN SLEEP
- The investigation of the money trail to Sharon has been
underway for over three years, and in fact was first publicized before
the last national election, in 2003. The case is known as the Cyril Kern
affair, named for the South African friend of Sharon who served as a conduit
for the money. The source of the cash, however, has long been suspected
to be Austrian millionaire and Jericho casino owner Martin Schlaf. The
police say the money was used partially to help Sharon pay back campaign
contributions that he had received illegally in 1999, and partly for the
Sharon family's private use.
- SCHLAF'S PARENTS LIVING IN ISRAEL
- Because of the suspicions hanging over him, Schlaf has
refrained from visiting Israel of late. His brother James, however, came
for a visit two weeks ago - and the police jumped at the opportunity. They
raided his parents' home in Israel, and confiscated documents and two laptop
computers. However, the police were not permitted to extricate the information
on the computers without James' permission - which he refused to give.
- SCHLAF'S BROTHER JAMES - SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOUR
- Schlaf's behavior aroused the suspicion of the police,
which turned urgently to the courts and said that the computer files will
show that the $3 million was in fact passed as a bribe to Ariel Sharon
or his sons. The police therefore say that it is imperative for them to
be allowed to enter the computers in order to extricate vital evidence
in the Kern-Sharon affair.
- James Schlaf, aware of the developments, has since given
his permission for the police to peruse his computer files.
- Schlaf's lawyer Atty. Navot Tel-Tzur said there was actually
nothing new in the case "except for the fact that there is a laptop
computer involved." He expressed anger at the leak.
- END OF SHARON'S POLITICAL CAREER MK Roman Bronfman (Meretz):
"If the police have evidence of Sharon's corruption, he must end his
- STROKE TWO
- Dec. 21 - James Schlaff flies to Israel. He is immediately
investigated by the police.
- Jan. 3 - The police investigation is leaked to Channel
10 television reporter Baruch Kra.
- Jan. 4 - Sharon is in the midst of a career-ending scandal
until the late evening when he is struck down by a life-threatening blood
clot in his brain.
- Tonight, in Vienna, some of the heroes of this affair,
and of the next one, will meet at the huge bat-mitzvah celebration of Martin
Schlaff,s granddaughter. Dov Weisglass, Schlaff,s old friend and lawyer
will be there. Haim Ramon, another close friend, will also attend. There
will be many others. Some of them from amongst the political, social, and
economic elite of Israel. Avigdor Lieberman, for example. No one is embarrassed
by it. Some are even proud of it. In another time, another place, one could
consider it collusion, coordinating testimonies. After all, Schlaff,s name
has recently been tied in to that other affair: "the Cyril Kern affair.
Schlaff, in case you,ve forgotten, is one of the owners of the casino in
- A live Sharon will have to face prosecution for the Kern-Schlaff
bribes, even in Israel's thoroughly corrupt legal system. A dead Sharon
will not have to face prosecution. And that would be just fine for the
creme de la creme of the country's political leadership.
- The first impression is that Sharon survived the first
attempt on his life. In reaction, James Schlaff immediately flew to Israel
with evidence to bring the prime minister down in scandal. Somehow, the
police were tipped off and immediately confiscated the evidence. Once the
investigation was done, the results were leaked to the media. On the day
of the second stroke, the scandal spread fast, threatening to engulf many
of the country's political elite in deep corruption. By 11 PM, Sharon was
bleeding heavily from the throat and his prognosis was a living or real
- As my readers know, I spread my reports out by at least
a week so you won't get sick of me. This was a special bulletin. More mail
is coming. I am holding onto vital information which will have to wait
for another, real report, this week.. And those wonderful people who ordered
my new DVD: ZION FIRST - THE VATICAN'S NEW CRUSADE FOR JERUSALEM will
be receiving an update. At least here, the news is very good. The DVD was
filmed beautifully and preparation has begun on final production.