- Hello, Jeff -
- Please note state government said "no
need to panic as humans don't get infected by pig diseases???
- Oh no? What about Influenza? What about
Nipah? What about Strep Suis etc etc.
- Governments always seems to make such
nonsensical and downright assinine statements of pseudoscience when trying
to quell fears of spreading illness. This statement about humans not getting
diseases from pigs is one of the most outrageous to come along in some
- What is really going on now in India?
- Mysterious disease kills pigs
- Suchandana Gupta
- [ Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:08:19
amTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]
- BHOPAL: After chickens in Maharashtra,
it's pigs and peacocks in MP. A mysterious disease has struck the swine
population and over 500 pigs have died in the past fortnight in Mhow and
- There are also reports of pigs dying
in districts of Khandwa (bordering Maharashtra) and Guna in northern MP.
In fact, peacocks have also been dropping dead in rural areas of Indore
over the past week.
- The Indore administration has banned
pig-owners from allowing their swine population to roam in residential
areas till May 15.
- Though the state government said there
was no need to panic as humans don't get infected by pig diseases, animal
husbandry officials admitted bird-flu could also be transmitted to swines
- Patricia A. Doyle, DVM, PhD- Bus Admin,
Tropical Agricultural Economics Univ of West Indies
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases"
message board at:
- Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health