- DOW Chemical has been lobbying the Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA) to allow it to spray a new fluoride-based pesticide (sulfuryl
fluoride) on hundreds of foods prepared in the US.
- If DOW gets its way, sulfuryl fluoride will become a
major new source of fluoride, making it even more difficult for consumers
to avoid fluoride in their daily lives.
- What's worse, the levels of fluoride allowed to be sprayed
on food will be shockingly high: 70 ppm for processed foods, 130 ppm for
wheat products, and 900 ppm for dried eggs!
- To voice your concerns about the use of sulfuryl fluoride
on food, please take a few seconds to sign the personalizable ONLINE LETTER
to EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson, produced by Fluoride Action Network
- If you wish to submit letters on your own, you can find
instructions at the Organic Consumers Association (OCA) link:
- THE EPA PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD ENDS ON AUGUST 4th. PLEASE
- Thanks for your help with this important issue!!
- Please tell your friends!
- The POWA Folks