- The Israeli Committeefor a Middle East Free From Atomic,
Biological & Chemical Weapons PO Box 16202 Tel Aviv 61161 Israel
- The Government of Israel has recently purchased from
the United States bunker-busting bombs (GBU-28), for use in its war in
Lebanon. These bombs contain depleted uranium - a carcinogenic substance
that spreads in the form of a toxic and radioactive dust, which enters
the lungs and bones and is especially harmful to babies and young children.
- We call on the Government of Israel not to make use of
- This call is of special significance on August 6, the
anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.
- These days of war remind us of the dangers facing humanity,
when the warring sides are equipped with nuclear weapons and radioactive
- The State of Israel must not resort to the use of weaponry
that can cause environmental damage lasting hundreds of years, or any weapon
of mass destruction.
- We call on the Government Israel and all the governments
in the Middle East to renounce weapons of mass destruction without delay!
- A Middle East free from all weapons of mass destruction
would be the best guarantee against their use.
- The Israeli Committee for a Middle East Free From Atomic,
Biological & Chemical Weapons
- For additional information you can call: + 972-3-5238584