- Hello, Jeff -- This is abominable and despicable. No
wonder mad cow is still spreading.
- Huge Feed Recall Due To Mammalian Protein
- By Pete Hisey
- The Food and Drug Administration announced two recalls,
one for 27 million pounds of feed produced in Michigan and the other an
unknown amount of feed produced in Kentucky. Both were suspected of being
adulterated with ruminant or mammalian protein, including ruminant meat
and bone meal in the second recall.
- Vita Plus Corp., Gagetown, Mich., has recalled 27,694,240
pounds of dairy feed produced between February of 2005 and June 16, 2006,
because it is believed it was contaminated with mammalian protein. The
feed was distributed in Michigan and the recall is complete.
- Burkmann Feeds LLC, Glasgow, Ky., has recalled an unknown
amount of custom feed because it contains an ingredient called Pro-Lak,
which may contain ruminant-derived meat and bone meal. The Burkmann feed
was distributed in Kentucky.