- You may argue, rant and become indignant about whether
or not global warming manifests across the globe, but it won't do you any
good if what the scientists tell us, is, in fact, true.
- However, if you think the next added 100 million Americans
as well as the next 2.1 billion people added to the planet by 2040 aren't
having an effect on, or there is no such thing as global warming, forget
the second part of this portion and wait until next week for "Part
8" on food production in America.
- In this section, we discuss "tipping points"
as they relate to global warming. What is a tipping point? Last weekend,
the San Diego Chargers fell behind three touchdowns and a field goal late
in the third quarter. They didn't stand a chance of winning.
But a pass here, a run there, and a touchdown, then an interception led
to a tipping point where their momentum smashed their opponents and by
the end of the fourth quarter, the Chargers made a last minute score that
won the game.
- Things ran smoothly with the planet in 1900, but then
the internal combustion engine arrived on the scene. Nothing much
happened with 76 million Americans and 1.6 billion humans around the planet.
They burned whale oil, coal and wood. But today, with billions of
cars and 6.5 billion humans burning billions of gallons of gas, fuel oil,
natural gas, wood and coal, these become the factors in the "tipping
point" of planetary imbalances.
- History shows that scientific advances suffered scurrilous
opposition by people who might benefit. The pope persecuted Galileo
for saying the earth revolved around the sun. Church leaders denounced
Harvey for claiming blood circulated through the body instead of standing
still. Newspapers branded Louis Pasteur a quack for his germ theory.
Everyone 'knew' the Wright brothers couldn't get that new fangled flying
machine into the air.
- This week, I presented my program, "THE COMING POPULATION
CRISIS IN AMERICA: AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT," to a fine group
of gentlemen in Denver, Colorado. No one blinked during the
30 minute program. They asked if the DVD video was available.
I told them it would be ready on my web site by November 30, 2006.
However, at the end, two men walked up and told me never to speak about
global warming because they didn't want to hear about it because it was
patently untrue. I felt the same gut reaction as Galileo, Pasteur,
Lindbergh and Harvey probably suffered.
- Again, distinguished science adviser at Tyndall Centre
for Climate Change Research in the United Kingdom, John Schellnhuber cited
a study whereby Americans fall into "interpretive communities"
that share similar world views. On one end of the spectrum, you've
got naysayers who, "Perceive climate change as nonexistent.
They are predominantly white, male, politically conservative, holding pro-individualism,
pro-hierarchism, anti-environmental, carrying highly religious paradigms
and rely on radio as their main news source."
- On the other side, you've got the alarmists. In the middle,
you see measured and reasoned researchers. Me? I'm an educator
and messenger. You can use this information and go to the web sites
provided, or you can blow it off. To a large degree, our media, which
corporations control, brings you bloody killing stories from Iraq, but
squashes news about 80 degree days in November in Colorado or dead zones
reaching thousands of square miles in our oceans. As I've said in
the past, it's Mark Twain's famous statement about 'silent-assertion' being
the shabbiest of all lies-perpetrated by politicians and the media.
- To give you an example, the media reports the latest
mass killings in Iraq or Jennifer Anniston's latest heartbreak, but it
won't tell you about the ozone hole expanding over Antarctica. It's
another one of the tipping points.
- "We hear about the connection between ozone depletion,
skin cancers and cataracts, but little about the fact that increased ultraviolet
radiation will destroy oxygen producing phytoplankton (80% of our oxygen
comes from them). Without them turning sunlight into organic life, none
of us would be or will be here."
- Phytoplanktons create counter weights to another tipping
point which is the Antarctic Circumpolar Current which circulates 34 billion
gallons of water around Antarctica every second.
- "When phytoplanktons die, they sink, taking the
oxygen load with them to the bottom of the ocean. Global warming slows
the nutrient upwelling, affecting the phytoplankton populations in the
Pacific, Indian and Atlantic Oceans," Schellnhuber said. "As
the oceans affect the atmosphere, the land affects the oceans. Warming
will shrink the Sahara by increasing rainfall. A greener Sahara will
emit less airborne desert dust to seed the oceans and feed the plankton,
which in turn suppresses hurricane formations to fertilize the carbon dioxide
eating trees of the Amazon. Hardly a neighborhood on earth will look
the same if Africa tips."
- In nature's dance, everything plays its part, whether
water, land, air or fire. The more we offset the natural cycles,
the greater our price. Nature rearranges herself with ruthless dexterity
when we create imbalances. For example: Katrina!
- "The source of Tibet's thunderstorms is the Asian
monsoon, which drives moisture up the Himalayas," Schellnhuber said.
"A warming climate could either weaken or strengthen the monsoon.
Either effect is potentially catastrophic for more than half the world's
population adapted to and reliant on the monsoon. This is another
- What we're doing to our planet home is described by Garrett
Hardin as the paradox of the "Tragedy of the Commons."
As to the use of the land, i.e., our planetary resources, if an altruist
and a cheater go one-on-one, the cheater wins consistently, but in the
end, everyone loses. You might call the many facets or "tipping
points" of global warming as the growing common denominators of the
"Tragedy of the Commons."
- "In the end, this recent melting may be caused by
the Antarctic Oscillation a kind of on/off switch affecting pressure gradients
in the Southern Hemisphere," Julia Whitty reported. "The
cooler stratosphere caused by the ozone hole produces weather changes at
ground level now threatening to turn Antarctica's icescape into a continent
swallowing seascape. In less than 200 years, armed with fossil fuel
burning, humans donned the acrobat's tights, wrested hold of the spinning
plates and initiated their own wobbly circus. Nature, impassive and potent,
waits to reward or punish us."
- The final "tipping points" affecting our planet
consist of our destroying the Amazon rainforests which cascade into changing
the North Atlantic current, melting the Greenland ice sheet, destroying
the ozone layer, disrupting the Circumpolar Current, changing precipitation
on the Tibetan Plateau, affecting Asian monsoons, increasing methane clathrates,
changing salinity valves, offsetting El Nino, and liquefying the West Antarctic
- What can change our fate? Who or what is the antidote
to global warming? What is the 13th
- tipping point back toward planetary balance?
- You! You and your actions! Your actions combined
with everyone as knowledgeable as you! Everything you do, counts!
Gandhi marched for freedom. Dr. Martin Luther King spoke of his "dream"
for equality. Susan B. Anthony marched for suffrage for women.
Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in baseball. Go to www.stopglobalwarming.org
for more ideas on how you can take action. You possess every gift
of all your heroes. Common citizens with uncommon determination change
the course of history. The next president of the United States might
be another Teddy Roosevelt, Lincoln, Jefferson or Madison.
- We've all got a stake in the outcome. Let's get
- "The 13th
- tipping point is humanity changing back to a balanced
interaction with earth that will allow our planet home to support all life
in perpetuity." Sandra Lynn
- What you can do for a better future for your country:
- A republican form of government is not a spectator sport.
It means you must jump in, roll up you sleeves and take personal and collective
action. Of course, you could let a dictator take over and do everything
for you, but that path would give you Cuba, China, North Korea and other
- To stop Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid from giving an amnesty,
- CALL NANCY PELOSI: Washington, DC - (202) 225-4965
- San Francisco, CA - (415) 556-4862 ; EMAIL NANCY
- firstname.lastname@example.org ; EMAIL FORM FOR NANCY
PELOSI ; http://www.house.gov/pelosi/contact/contact.html
- Senator Harry Reid: 202 224 3121 in Washington DC
- 775 686 5750 in Reno, NV ; www.reid.senate.gov
- George Bush
- 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
- Washington, DC 20500
- Comments: 202-456-1111
- Switchboard for live listener: 202 456 1414
- Fax: 202-456-2461
- We must 'sour the milk.' Bring out your points
in the call:
- 1 America cannot support another 100 million people
added to our country in 34 years, i.e., water crisis, resource depletion,
air pollution, gridlock, loss of quality of life, etc.
- 2 America cannot support lawbreakers being given citizenship.
- 3 America must maintain our English language.
- 4 America wants only legal immigrants who play by the
rules and speak English.
- 5 America's working poor deserve a chance at jobs taken
- 6 America already has too many people and I support
a 10 year moratorium on all immigration.
- 7 Americans must maintain our schools for our children.
- 8 We can no longer tolerate 350,000 birthright
citizens (anchor babies) annually that subtract from our own citizens.
- 9 Attrition through enforcement by stopping their ability
to wire money home, obtain rental housing and jobs.
- 10 An amnesty failed in 1986, and it will only be worse
today. We're being displaced out of our jobs and out of our own country. Call with relentless and
- To reduce illegal aliens in your community, you may follow
the course of action by Mayor Louis Barletta of Hazelton, PA. He
offers a bomb proof ordinance that takes business licenses away from those
who hire illegals. He legally halts landlords from renting to illegals.
Without work and without housing, illegals cannot stay in your community.
Check out his website for instructions: www.SmallTownDefenders.com/public/node/6
- Visit D.A. King at the www.thedustininmansociety.org
to see how Georgia created the best laws to stop illegals at the state
- Please check out William Gheen at www.alipac.us.
He's a mover and shaker. He will direct you to specific actions that make
you more powerful and effective.
- To stop this invasion locally and nationally: join www.numbersusa.com
for free and you can join www.fairus.org and www.thesocialcontract.com
- Wooldridge presents a 45 minute program to colleges,
high schools, civic clubs, church groups and political clubs across America
titled: "COMING POPULATION CRISIS IN AMERICA: WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT
IT." Go to his website for further information on booking the
- Check out www.populationmedia.org for an exciting method
for creating overpopulation awareness in Third World countries. Their
prime directive works with the media in order to educate and activate leaders
and women worldwide.
- Whether we like it or not, global warming is upon us.
We can take action to correct it. Please join www.stopglobalwarming.org
for up to the minute information and action items.
- Awareness Campaign web site, www.mcs-global.org, which
is purely to help save and protect human health and environmental health
globally. Diana Buckland is founder and global coordinator at email@example.com
or firstname.lastname@example.org. Diana makes impact all over the world
by alerting everyone about chemical sensitivities caused by poisons sprayed,
injected and applied to our crops and elsewhere.
- From Part 5 of this series, "Destroying our oceans",
if you would like to become involved please refer to www.savetheoceans.org
for a first rate lesson on how to take action in order to cleanse our oceans,
restock our fish population, move toward recycling and cleanup of our world's
most important living resource. Watch shows on PBS that expose where we
threw two million tires into the waters off the East Coast and all the
damage those tires are doing to marine life. You'll find out what you can
do to have them raised from the deep. Additionally, check out www.greenpeace.org
for actions at the national and international levels.
- www.21stCenturyPaulRevereRide.us ; www.numbersusa.com
; www.carryingcapacity.org ; www.balance.org ; www.thesocialcontract.com
- www.alipac.us at 1 866 329 3999; www.theamericanresistance.com
; www.ccir.net ; www.theByteShow.com ; www.projectusa.org ; www.borderguardians.org
; www.immigrationwatchcanada.org ; www.mothersagainstillegalaliens.org
; www.unitedpatriotsofamerica.com ; www.unitedstates.fm ; www.worldfreedomtour.info
; My book: "IMMIGRATION'S UNARMED INVASION: DEADLY CONSEQUENCES"
Call: 1 888 280 7715. http://www.TiANews.com www.victimsofillegalaliens.org
; www.pacinlaw.org; http://USABorderAlert.com/http://SanDiegoBorderAlert.com
; for motorcyclists:
- www.americanfreedomriders.com and www.immigrationbuzz.com
- www.mcs-global.org ; On April 1, 2007, the Paul Revere
Riders will again ride to stop the illegal invasion and accompany Arizona
long haul truckers and motorcyclists in a freedom border ride to block
illegal aliens from crossing our borders. We invite all veterans,
truckers and bikers to join us. Contact Rusty Childress at www.immigrationbuzz.com
and www.americanfreedomriders.com for further information. Please
write with your ideas on what to name the ride.
- Frosty Wooldridge possesses a unique view of the world,
cultures and families in that he has bicycled around the globe 100,000
miles, on six continents and six times across the United States in the
past 30 years. He presents a program to colleges, conferences, high schools
and civic clubs around the country: "THE COMING POPULATION CRISIS
IN AMERICA: WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT". His published books include:
"HANDBOOK FOR TOURING BICYCLISTS" ; "STRIKE THREE! TAKE
YOUR BASE" ; "IMMIGRATION'S UNARMED INVASION: DEADLY CONSEQUENCES"
; "MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TO ALASKA: INTO THE WIND-A TEEN NOVEL"
; "BICYCLING AROUND THE WORLD: TIRE TRACKS FOR YOUR IMAGINATION"
; "AN EXTREME ENCOUNTER: ANTARCTICA". His next book: "TILTING
THE STATUE OF LIBERTY INTO A SWAMP". He lives in Denver,
Colorado. email@example.com www.frostywooldridge.com