- We could sit back in the old Lazy Boy lounger; press
the remote, drink a beer and watch as the next added 100 million Americans
pile up on our shores by 2040. We may think that 34 years extends
so far into the future that it's not important to take action today.
Ah shucks, 100 million more Americans won't be any different than the last
added 106 million added since 1964! Since we now house 300 million,
what's the problem with another adding 100 million people?
- Short, sobering and gut wrenching answer: plenty!
- You may find it interesting to note in 1906, India reached
300 million people. Today, demographic experts say India, at 1.1
billion, will out-grow China on India's way to 1.4 to as high as 1.6 billion
people by mid century. Both China and India have become SO accustomed
to degraded living and human misery, they think it's normal.
- As the human race speeds toward its mid century destiny
of a predicted high of 9.8 billion, I invite you to visit www.populationmedia.org
to see a population ticker showing the number of people added to the planet
every minute. If you're drunk, it will sober you up. If you're
having coffee, it will sour your cream. If you added sugar, it will
taste bitter. If you're a parent, you'll wonder what awaits your
- But long before we make it to mid century; and long before
the United States reaches that next 100 million added citizens; and long
before India and China add another 500 million each-all of us must contend
with another threat to our existence in the 21st
- century: global warming.
- Yes, you'll hear naysayers and you'll hear excuses, but
I spent a season "on the ice" in Antarctica. I saw global
warming in action. I watched the best scientists in the world report
their findings. Folks, we're in a whole lot of trouble of our own
- However, some scientists negate the findings of fellow
scientists! Professor of atmospheric science at Colorado State University
William M. Gray said, "I have closely followed the carbon dioxide
warming arguments. From what I have learned of how the atmosphere
ticks over 40 years of study, I have been unable to convince myself that
a doubling of human-induced greenhouse gases can lead to anything but quite
small and insignificant amounts of global warming."
- He could be right, but if he's wrong, why should we error
on the side of continued population growth? What's the point?
What positives can you think of that the next added 100 million Americans
will bring our children?
- I know one thing from simple common sense, we cannot
expect to burn 82 million barrels of oil every 24 hours; we cannot burn
millions of metric tons of natural gas daily; we cannot burn millions of
board feet of wood every day worldwide; we cannot burn billions of tons
of coal for electricity around the clock-and think it's not affecting the
planet's delicate ecosystems. If you do, you're either a fool, uneducated
or intellectually bankrupt. (This, of course, would make you a politician)
At this point, I say our president and this Congress are all three!
We're the only country not to sign the Kyoto Accord to address global warming.
- It matters little whether you like former Vice President
Al Gore or not, but his movie, "An Inconvenient Truth" awakens
even the idiots among us. Those who counter his movie, from my first
hand knowledge in Antarctica and around the globe, illustrate and promote
their own form of intellectual absurdity.
- Today, we resist the facts; we deny their proven reality;
we recoil at what faces us. Most U.S. citizens cower in a corner
concerning the reality of global warming. We resist partnering with
other nations in finding solutions. We continue accelerating our
population which adds momentum to our impending Katrina-like global calamity.
- In 2004, John Schellnhuber, a distinguished science adviser
at Tyndall Center for Climate Change Research in Great Britain, identified
12 global warming tipping points. If ignored long enough, any
of them could initiate sudden, catastrophic changes on our planet.
- As long as we continue in our bald-faced denial of global
warming; as long as we maintain no personal responsibility or action; without
- tipping point toward stabilizing global warming-we can't
hope to avoid global mayhem.
- Julia Whitty, research writer, said, "The 18th
- century taxonomist Carolus Linnaeus named us Homo Sapiens,
from the Latin 'sapiens', meaning "prudent, wise." History
shows we are not born with wisdom. We evolve into it."
- We better get our butts in gear to engage our minds!
Once we engage our minds, we must activate solutions to haul our species
out of this maelstrom.
- I've also spent time in the Amazon rainforest.
I've seen the astonishing, if not sickening, cutting and burning at the
astounding rate of 1.5 acres every second. Schellnhubers' climate
model shows that a warming globe will convert the wet Amazonia forest into
a savannah within this century, and "the loss of trees will render
the region a net carbon dioxide producer, further accelerating global warming."
- What happens next? The more we destroy the support
systems developed on this planet over millions of years, the faster we
destroy ocean currents that regulate climate around the globe.
- "As the Atlantic warms, ice caps melt, diluting
the ocean and shutting down its thermohaline circulation (THC), the oceanic
rivers currently delivering the thermal equivalent of 500,000 power stations'
worth of warmth to Europe," Schellnhuber said.
- That in turn creates another tipping point on the Greenland
Ice Sheet. "This ice, if melted, would raise sea levels by 23
feet worldwide-not counting ice loss from the Arctic and Antarctic,"
- He continued, "One tipping point affects the other
in a balance as delicate as that of an acrobat's spinning dinner plates
at the top of a stick. Greenland's increasing freshwater flow into
the North Atlantic will impact the THC. Warm water recalculating
within the central Atlantic may further rearrange airflow over the Amazon,
accelerating its dry-down and tree loss, and potentially freeing as much
carbon dioxide from its enormous reservoir as the 20th
- century's total fossil fuel output. A sudden Amazonian
release would melt whatever of Greenland hadn't already melted, crashing
the THC and drastically cooling Europe, in worst-case scenario, freezing
- As you can see, we're tinkering with nature's most delicate
balancing system like no other species on the planet. It's
like we're little kids, who sit intrigued at the operating mechanism of
our new watches. We want to see how they work. We pry off the
backs and pull out the working parts. We place them over a candle to see
if the plastic will melt. We pour Clorox on them to see if those
watches can withstand chemicals. We dump oil into the mechanism to
see what happens. When we try to put it all back together; we don't have
a clue. Our watches are broken with no way to fix any of them.
- This 7th
- part of the series requires two sections. Next
week, we'll deal with the other tipping points that lead to deleterious
global ramifications for not only humans, but for all living creatures
on this planet. The second part of this report on global warming
will be even more serious and sobering than the first part.
- If you would like to investigate further, look for Julia
Whitty's "The 13th
- Tipping Point: 12 Global Disasters and 1 Powerful Antidote"
November/December 2006, page 45-51 at www.motherjones.com
- "Pretending or being in denial of global warming
is like throwing your children into a tank of sharks and hoping the sharks
have suddenly become enlightened vegetarians." Frosty Wooldridge
- What you can do to change America for the better:
- Check out www.populationmedia.org for an exciting method
for creating overpopulation awareness in Third World countries. Their
prime directive works with the media in order to educate and activate leaders
and women worldwide.
- Whether we like it or not, global warming is upon us.
We can take action to correct it. Please join www.stopglobalwarming.org
for up to the minute information and action items.
- Awareness Campaign web site, www.mcs-global.org, which
is purely to help save and protect human health and environmental health
globally. Diana Buckland is founder and global coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
or email@example.com. Diana makes impact all over the world
by alerting everyone about chemical sensitivities caused by poisons sprayed,
injected and applied to our crops and elsewhere.
- From Part 5 of this series, "Destroying our oceans",
if you would like to become involved please refer to www.savetheoceans.org
for a first rate lesson on how to take action in order to cleanse our oceans,
restock our fish population, move toward recycling and cleanup of our world's
most important living resource. Watch shows on PBS that expose where we
threw two million tires into the waters off the East Coast and all the
damage those tires are doing to marine life. You'll find out what you can
do to have them raised from the deep. Additionally, check out www.greenpeace.org
for actions at the national and international levels.
- To reduce illegal aliens in your community, you may follow
the course of action by Mayor Louis Barletta of Hazelton, PA. He
offers a bomb proof ordinance that takes business licenses away from those
who hire illegals. He legally halts landlords from renting to illegals.
Without work and without housing, illegals cannot stay in your community.
Check out his website for instructions: www.SmallTownDefenders.com/public/node/6
- Visit D.A. King at the www.thedustininmansociety.org
to see how Georgia created the best laws to stop illegals at the state
- Please check out William Gheen at www.alipac.us.
He's a mover and shaker. He will direct you to specific actions that make
you more powerful and effective.
- To stop this invasion locally and nationally: join www.numbersusa.com
for free and you can join www.fairus.org and www.thesocialcontract.com
- Wooldridge presents a 45 minute program to colleges,
high schools, civic clubs, church groups and political clubs across America
titled: "COMING POPULATION CRISIS IN AMERICA: WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT
IT". Go to his website for further information on booking the
- To make visual impact: Additionally, we have 300
remaining Paul Revere Ride T-shirts left that feature: "Stop
Illegal Immigration" on the front and the very cool "21st
- Century Paul Revere Ride" logo on the back with
web sites. You are invited to support the PRR. Send donations
- Century Paul Revere Ride at POB 207, Louisville, CO
- www.21stCenturyPaulRevereRide.us ; www.numbersusa.com
; www.carryingcapacity.org ; www.balance.org ; www.thesocialcontract.com
- www.alipac.us at 1 866 329 3999; www.theamericanresistance.com
; www.ccir.net ; www.theByteShow.com ; www.projectusa.org ; www.borderguardians.org
; www.immigrationwatchcanada.org ; www.mothersagainstillegalaliens.org
; www.unitedpatriotsofamerica.com ; www.unitedstates.fm ; www.worldfreedomtour.info
; My book: "IMMIGRATION'S UNARMED INVASION: DEADLY CONSEQUENCES"
Call: 1 888 280 7715. http://www.TiANews.com www.victimsofillegalaliens.org
; www.pacinlaw.org; http://USABorderAlert.com/http://SanDiegoBorderAlert.com
; for motorcyclists:
- www.americanfreedomriders.com and www.immigrationbuzz.com
- www.mcs-global.org ; On April 1, 2007, the Paul Revere
Riders will again ride to stop the illegal invasion and accompany Arizona
long haul truckers and motorcyclists in a freedom border ride to block
illegal aliens from crossing our borders. We invite all veterans,
truckers and bikers to join us. Contact Rusty Childress at www.immigrationbuzz.com
for further information. Please write with your ideas on what to
name the ride.
- Frosty Wooldridge possesses a unique view of the world,
cultures and families in that he has bicycled around the globe 100,000
miles, on six continents and six times across the United States in the
past 30 years. He presents a program to colleges, conferences, high schools
and civic clubs around the country: "THE COMING POPULATION CRISIS
IN AMERICA: WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT". His published books include:
"HANDBOOK FOR TOURING BICYCLISTS" ; "STRIKE THREE! TAKE
YOUR BASE" ; "IMMIGRATION'S UNARMED INVASION: DEADLY CONSEQUENCES"
; "MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TO ALASKA: INTO THE WIND-A TEEN NOVEL"
; "BICYCLING AROUND THE WORLD: TIRE TRACKS FOR YOUR IMAGINATION"
; "AN EXTREME ENCOUNTER: ANTARCTICA". His next book: "TILTING
THE STATUE OF LIBERTY INTO A SWAMP". He lives in Denver,
Colorado. firstname.lastname@example.org www.frostywooldridge.com