The silent poll results are interesting. There have
been many emails about Part 3 and everyone has said they do not care if
my lady is a Russian citizen. They want solutions.
- Well, the infighting on the Democrat side in the House
has already started. You can be assured that Big Oil, Big Defense, Big
Pharma, Big Banks and AIPAC are all pushing hard to get their pet politicians
put into the right seats of power. That would be on both sides of the
aisle, not just the Democrat side.
- The Democrats are already setting themselves up for a
fall in 2008. Just watch and pay attention. They are going to be a much
fun as watching a pig try to fly.
- Dems Keep Senate Leaders, Split on House
- Nov 15, 2:57 AM (ET)
- By LAURIE KELLMAN
- WASHINGTON (AP) - Democrats
voted Tuesday to keep the leaders who guided their takeover of the Senate
last week but were sharply divided over whether to give Speaker-to-be Nancy
Pelosi the majority leader she wants in the House.
- Former Republican Majority Leader Trent Lott, meanwhile,
opened a bid to return to the Senate's Republican leadership after being
ousted in 2002 for remarks interpreted as endorsing segregationist policies
of the 1940s.
- "Yes, I am," the Mississippian said Tuesday
when asked if he was challenging Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander to become
minority whip in the newly elected Democratic-majority Congress next year.
- Senate Democrats voted Tuesday to make Sen. Harry Reid
of Nevada majority leader and Dick Durbin of Illinois No. 2 in the party
hierarchy. Both have held the same positions but with "minority"
instead of majority in their titles since the 2004 election.
- In the House, a bitter battle was under way after Pelosi
said she would prefer Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania to be majority leader
over her current lieutenant, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland. Critics accused
Pelosi of backpedaling on a pledge to scrub the House of corruption.
- Both Murtha and Hoyer claim to have commitments from
a majority of Democrats, but the balloting Thursday will be secret and
commitments often change.
- Murtha, a decorated Vietnam veteran who favors an immediate
drawdown of U.S. troops in Iraq, has fought charges for years of using
his senior status on the defense appropriations subcommittee to award favors
to campaign contributors. He voted against a Democratic package of ethics
reforms earlier this year and was touched by but never charged in the Abscam
bribery scandal a quarter-century ago.
- Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington,
a Democratic-leaning watchdog group, accused Pelosi of compromising her
ethical standards by endorsing Murtha.
- Shot back Jennifer Crider, Pelosi's spokeswoman: "House
Democrats will lead the most honest and open Congress in history. Leader
Pelosi has pledged to change the way business in Washington is done, and
that's what she'll do."
- For those of us who have good memories, Bill Clinton
made that same basic false promise when he was running for office and then
crapped all over America. Even when the entire world knew he was sleazy
he kept preaching about how ethical his administration was even as indictments
rained down all around him. One of them was mentioned in Part 3 of Take
Back America regarding Cisneros.
- Over on the other side of the aisle, Newt Gingrich did
too with his Contract with America and then crapped all over America.
- For those of us who have good memories, George W. Bush
made that same false promise when he was running for office and then crapped
all over America and much of the rest of the world. Even when the entire
world knew he was sleazy he kept preaching about how ethical his administration
was and coming up with all sorts of rationalizations and equivocations
about why sleaze is just great.
- All of those Republican thugs in the House and Senate
made that same basic false promise and then crapped all over America.
Unforgettable names like Frist, DeLay, Ney, Cunningham, Foley, Hastert,
- Behind the scenes the Democrats were still making sure
their major campaign contributors were getting a slice of the cushy contracts
that Bush Co was handing out during the past 6 years.
- If memory serves, Republican Representative from California
Randy "Duke" Cunningham (convicted) was a decorated Vietnam War
Veteran. My theory is AIPAC and Israel do not want Murtha because he is
not solidly behind the Bushraelis Folly of the Middle East.
- The moral of that story, when a politician's lips are
moving odds are very high that they are lying to the audience.
- When a politician starts running their mouth, the truth
is almost always 180 degrees in the other direction. That is sad but it
is also current day America.
- We are being led by people who are not hemmed in by the
truth and that needs to be changed.
- I learned at a young age that when someone is afraid
to speak the truth they are not fit to lead. They are not fit to be married
to or do business with or trust with money or the future of a city, county,
state or nation. Lying is a character flaw and people with character flaws
make lousy leaders. History is replete with examples of that for as long
as there has been recorded history. One does not have to read much history
to find a Village Idiot at the demise of every great empire or some Decider
that refused to pay attention to details or listen to sound wisdom.
- Seems Mr. Bush did not like the direction the Baker Iraq
Study Commission was headed so he formed his own. "W always
decisive, always wrong."
- What America is going to have to do is learn the concept
of shame a fool and put it into practice. We have a fool in the White
House and a gaggle of them over on Capitol Hill. There is an entire flock
of turkeys roosting over around the Capitol dome just about every day.
- Instead of a Big Red "A" we need to look at
them as wearing a Big Yellow "L" to clearly identify the liars
that are screwing the U.S. and We the People to death.
- One of the email update members sent a letter to Rep.
John Conyers about his waffling on investigations and impeachment of Bush
and some of the thug minions he has in the Bush Administration.
- Robert Buote sent a message using the contact form at
- Dear Mr Conyers,
- During the past year or so you wrote a book with numerous
issues concerning President Bush and his administration that were found
to be impeachable offenses. It is now my understanding that you are backing
down from bringing up impeachment charges against the most impeachable
president this country has ever seen. If you and the democratic party that
is now in control of Congress rolls over and does not proceed with the
impeachment process to remove not only Mr Bush but Mr Cheney, Miss Rice,
Mr Gonzalez and others then I would have to suggest that you are complicit
in their treasonous crimes as well. I would hope you are a man of your
word and move forward with impeachment procedures.
- Thank you!
- I know why the Democrats are avoiding that heat. Many
of the Democrats will be exposed for sleaze, treason and misprision of
treason and that will rock their world for 2008 and sink their hopes and
- Every American regardless of political affiliation needs
to start reminding the Democrats what the real mandate is. We did not
vote them back in just to prove they are just as sleazy as Bush and as
inept in true leadership as the Republican House and Senate has been.
The Democrats will flounder, but we need to keep reminding them who is
boss in this nation or we can clean the House and Senate in 2008 in some
meaningful ways if they cannot find the definition of meaningful change
over the next two years.
- One of the most ignorant policies I have ever seen come
out of DC is this Contract with America mindset of granting tax cuts and
on the other side of the ledger increasing the National Debt to be so magnanimous.
- Another set of ignorant policies is escalating the growth
of the National Debt, increasing growth of government and federal spending,
and calling that GNP or economic growth. The trickle down does not work
when corporations cut workers, lower wages, increase their profits and
take advantage of the magnanimous tax cuts that are burying this Nation
in red ink.
- Having the United States government as the largest consumer
in the world is not an accurate statement or reflection of growth. It
is just smoke and mirrors while the rest of us suffer and the elite insiders
- According to a current and recent poll, America does
not think the Democrats have a plan for Iraq either. Why does that not
- Poll: Most Doubt Dems Have Plan for Iraq
- Nov 15, 1:33 AM (ET)
- By JIM KUHNHENN
- WASHINGTON (AP) - More Americans
rank Iraq as the top priority of the new Democratic-controlled Congress,
but nearly three out of five say the party does not have a plan to deal
with the war.
- In the aftermath of an anti-Republican wave, the latest
Associated Press-Ipsos poll showed lingering uncertainty about the country's
direction and the ability of Democrats and President Bush to work together.
Underscoring the country's political divisions, Democrats expressed more
confidence and optimism than Republicans.
- The poll was conducted Nov. 10-12 as the public adjusted
to Washington's new division of labor, with President Bush in the <http://apnews.excite.com/article/20061115/D8LDB9HO0.html>White
House and Democrats holding the reins of Congress for the first time in
- While voters in Election Day surveys said corruption
and scandal in Congress was one of the most important factors in their
vote, the post-election poll showed that 37 percent of all adults said
in Iraq should be at the top of the congressional agenda during the
next two years. The issue of terrorism, the second most mentioned priority,
was ranked highest by 15 percent of those polled.
- Though voters apparently embraced the Democratic mantra
of changing course in Iraq, a majority of the public did not detect a clear
Democratic blueprint for ending the war. Fifty-seven percent of all adults
in the AP-Ipsos poll said Democrats do not have a plan for Iraq; 29 percent
said they do. The poll of 1,002 adults has a margin of error of 3 percentage
- That finding strikes at the heart of a Democratic dilemma.
The party has been of one voice in criticizing President Bush's strategy
for the war but has been more equivocal on how to move in a different direction.
- Somehow I find it disconcerting to be a nation of 300,000,000
people adrift without a rudder or a sane captain. It is equally disconcerting
that with 300,000,000 people we have the morons we have at the helm of
our government. 537 (House, Senate, President and Vice President) divided
by 300,000,000 = 0.00000179%.
- You can use that as an indicator as to how to define
the bottom of the barrel as opposed to how they think that makes them the
Super Elite and royalty among us.
- Last time I checked Congress had a 27% approval rating
and only 29% of this poll think the Democrats have a plan for Iraq. Think
- I can remember even in my 55 years that it was considered
an honor to be an elected public servant. Now they shame us and brazenly
shame themselves yet smile and pat each other on the back for a job not
- You can have anything you want -- if you want it badly
enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to
accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.
- - Abraham Lincoln
- What do you want to be?
- What do you want your life to be like?
- What do you want America to be?
- Those questions, the answers and our actions in the future
will determine our fate.
- They are proving right now that all incumbents have to
go. As long as they are in office, this nation will remain broken.
- "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by
slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson foresaw the likes of George W. Bush
and these gutless whatever-they-are we have in Congress. I thought mistakenly
for years that maybe they would vote their conscience, and then I learned
they do not have a conscience or if they did they sold it to get that seat
in Congress or the Oval Office.
- So you know what needs to happen and why VOTE THEM OUT
is not an option, it is essential to the survival of our nation.
- It's the Iraq War, Stupid!
- It's the Corruption, Stupid!
- It's the failed policies, Stupid!
- It's your Wake Up Call, Stupid!
- And that's the way it is in America here in November
- Best regards,