- Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Marquis Two Tower, Suite 901285
- Peachtree Center Avenue, N.E.
- Atlanta, Georgia 30303-1221
- 404 659-4760
- 404 577-2719
- Dear German Consulate:
- I respectfully request that you forward this letter to
German Chancellor, Angela Merkel.
- Dear Madam Chancellor:
- As one who takes seriously the laws of the land that
outline, in our national Constitutions, our human rights and civil liberties,
I am deeply concerned that the German court system is openly violating the
German Constitution regarding the Ernst Zundel case. Copied below is Article
5 of the German Constitution.
- "Article 5 [Freedom of expression]
- (1) Every person shall have the right freely to express
and disseminate his opinions in speech, writing, and pictures and to inform
himself without hindrance from generally accessible sources. Freedom of
the press and freedom of reporting by means of broadcasts and films shall
be guaranteed. There shall be no censorship.
- (2) These rights shall find their limits in the provisions
of general laws, in provisions for the protection of young persons, and
in the right to personal honor.
- (3) Art and scholarship, research, and teaching shall
be free. The freedom of teaching shall not release any person from allegiance
to the constitution."
- The right to debate various opinions, especially when
evidence produces various opinions, can only lead to further discovery
of the truth. Any attempt to silence peaceful debate, as well as dismiss
human rights, civil liberties, and one's own Constitution, should be
great cause for alarm in this world. That Germany would abolish freedom
of speech - for any reason or demand - is frightening.
- Please, Madam Chancellor, come forward now and show
the world what true leadership looks like. The world is badly in need of
true leadership at this time. Embrace your Constitution, ignore the dictatorial
demands coming from Israel - a country that has no Constitution -
and give freedom and liberty back to Ernst Zundel, as outlined and
guaranteed by the Constitution of Germany.
- Thank you and kindest regards,
- Mary Sparrowdancer