- A mass death of poultry has occurred in the village of
Boyuk Bahmanli in the Fuzuli region, the villagers told the APA. [Map at
- They said that mass death of poultry was observed in
several yards and they appealed to the veterinary service. The reasons
for the deaths are unknown. Many dead fowl were found in the water basins
of the village, as well as in the ponds on the neutral strip on border
- State Veterinary Service press secretary Yolchu Khanveli
told the APA they are unaware of the situation and noted that they will
investigate. He said that bird flu virus was not found in this territory
during initial monitoring. He also said the reasons for the die-off may
be other diseases.
- H5N1 virus was found in birds in one of the farms in
the village of Boyuk Bahmanli during 2006.
- In the text of the published APA newswire, the term "death
- poultry" appears; this might refer to a domestic
avian species. The
- exact identity of the affected species will be appreciated.
- Results of the veterinary investigations are anticipated.
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD
- Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural Economics
- Univ of West Indies
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
- Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health