- The following heavily-censored letter was written only
ten days before the despicable 'verdict' in the kangaroo court 'rendering'
of Ernst Zundel in Mannheim. What shame lies upon Germany and its once
proud and industrious people and their remarkable history. Germany is
now, as it has been since 1945, fully on its knees, the whipping boy of
world zionism, doing the bidding of its masters. The Human Rights and
basic legal outrages of the Zundel trial are the stuff of the darkest days
of Bolshevik Russia. Mr. Zundel has already had four YEARS of his life
stolen and now faces 5 years in German prison. Here is his letter...
- February 5, 2007
- My Dear Jeff
- Greetings to you from Mannheim Prison...my fifth prison
in the last four years. This must be some kind of record for a man not
yet convicted of anything. But that, too, will change soon - for we are
in the last days of what passes for a 'judicial' proceeding here.
- Jeff, NO American could believe - without actually having
experienced it - what is going on here. The unfamiliar or the non-initiated
could simply not believe that in an otherwise modern nation, proceedings
like these could actually take place.
- These events surpass even Kafka's worst nightmarish scripts.
- Still, I am not allowed to discuss the details of the
case, and still, my incoming and outgoing mail is tightly censored. And
several times already, letters written by Ingrid to me have been used
against me (us?) in the proceedings, as have my own letters, of all things,
dealing with Biblical topics...and get this: KARMA and REINCARNATION.
- It is amazing to me to see how far things can go in the
nations where there is no tradition of Freedom of Speech like we have
in America...and HAD in Canada until the Marxists and their cronies -
or should I say 'useful idiots' took over.
- Jeff, it is stunning to see how subjugation and repression
will manifest and grow like a cancerous tissue if no one steps in to stop
such a creeping, terminal affliction.
- I consider myself one of the luckiest Germans for having
had the foresight to leave this place so early in my life, and to have
enjoyed my most vital years in Canada and America, which were then, when
I arrived, fantastic places throbbing with energy, full of assertive self-confidence
and moral strength. There was a refreshing vigor, a can-do and will-do
attitude and mood prevalent that was utterly invigorating. I am so glad
my children and grandchildren can live there in freedom.
- It is an eerie feeling to be living in a modern, in every
other respect, state but with such deeply-ingrained limitations and culture
myths or taboos that very, very few dare stray outside of the politically-correct
- For me, the free-roaming spirit which has spent a lifetime
expanding my horizon, and investigating all manner of things and ideas
is an incredible blessing. I find, instead, the willingness of these
current Germans to live - and think - in carefully proscribed, blinkered
mental prisons to be incomprehensible.
- It is interesting to watch German 'talk shows' about
virtually any topic. They resemble stiff, repressed, super-cautious carefully
mentally-scripted rituals. To view them and to have to listen to them,
for us who are used to the give and take of free, roaming discussions,
is almost unbearable at times.
- When I try to explain to them that in America one could
write about and discuss virtually any topic without the ever-present threat
of being arrested, tried, convicted, fined and even imprisoned for just
thinking or writing about things other than the orthodox, generally accepted
viewpoints, seems unbelievable to most. They respond as if one is feeding
them some kind of American propaganda. Thus, I often feel like a fish
out of water.
- As you well know, I am no stranger to attempts by powerful,
well- organized lobbies to enforce their own norms and versions of history
and events on people - so I am not naive when it comes to questions of
censorship. However, it is something totally different from state-imposed,
criminally- sanctioned dictates by the state to tell you not to touch on
- After centuries of experience with repressive monarchs,
communists and other regimes and their censors - and the crippling effects
they have on society - one should think that the benefits of an unfettered
exchange of ideas would seem like an obvious and ideal solution. Unfortunately,
what seem obvious and logical to us who are 'infected' with the First
Amendment intoxicant, seems positively frightening to every trigger-happy
bureaucrat and village policeman and 'do-gooder' around the corner.
- I was just sent the decision by the Northern District
Federal Court of San Jose, CA, of November 7, 2001 - the famous Yahoo
vs the French Court decision in which private French lobbies had demanded
that Yahoo cease and desist from allowing websites on their provider which
espoused viewpoints these lobbyists didn't like, and products they did
not want to be offered to the public.
- I have never seen the reasoning by the court in this
case, No. C-00-21275JF, November 7, 2001.
- Jeff, it is one of the FINEST articulations I have seen
of just what the First Amendment protects.
- Usually, we get the 'horse and buggy', motherhood and
apple pie explanations, sounding out of touch with the modern electronic
age of instant global communications.
- This San Jose Court has updated and clarified, as well
as made relevant, the vital role this over 200 year old legislation means
to today's Americans, or all those who live in the geographic area where
U.S. laws hold sway.
- The document was sent to me by Joseph T. McGinnis, Ingrid's
and my attorney in the current litigation in the U.S. against my being
denied habeas corpus rights, etc, currently before U.S. courts. The question
of official U.S. views and laws pertaining to the internet had been, of
course, raised in the proceedings here in Germany by the defence. I knew
the outline, or Gestalt, of the U.S. view - but needed hard evidence to
prove that what I claimed was right.
- Well, this California court ruling supplied that proof,
and my German lawyer used it 'in whole' as an official exhibit, filing
it with the court on the last day while pleadings had already begun.
- The document was declared 'irrelevant' (by the judge)
but I was more than pleased to strike one more blow for Freedom. My job
was to alert the court to other standards of liberty existing where I lived
and worked at the time of arrest (read: kidnapping -ed), incarceration
and removal from America without ever having been brought before an American
- By the time you get this letter, the verdict may already
be in here, but Jeff my case is only one case of many going on in this
country. Apparently, there have already been 120,000 similar cases since
1992, virtually all ending in convictions with heavy fines and/or stiff
- The prosecutor already pleaded for five years in prison,
and denying me the two years I served in Guantanamo North in Canada, which
would, in effect, mean SEVEN years imprisonment for merely expressing ideas,
non-violently, for which the Canadian Supreme Court - where I had lived
most of my adult life - had found me Not Guilty.
- The Court ruled, in fact, that a minority member in multi-ethnic
Canada must have a right to his own viewpoint - even if the majority found
it not to their liking - or, even if those views were wrong. August 27,
- In a way, Jeff, this case is comparable to a Chinese
emigrant living in Canada or America or Australia bowing to the ONE CHILD
per family law in place in Communist China. Mao's government adopted that
law, as you know, and every Chinese couple is allowed only one child per
family. Should the woman become pregnant a second time 'accidentally,'
the couple gets hit with a heavy fine. Should there be any further 'accidents,'
the wife (or husband) will go to jail and have a state-ordered abortion
performed. In China, this issue is a serious crime which is severely punished.
- Now comes the twist:
- Chinese families were traditionally large, as in other
Asian countries, because children were considered 'old age insurance' for
- There are tens of thousands of Chinese - if not millions
- who have fled China for other lands in order to practice the Chinese
tradition of large families. There are approximately 35 million Chinese
overseas and most of those families have more than one child.
- China does not ask the Canadians or Americans to imprison
their overseas Chinese for having broken this Communist Chinese law. I
have not heard of one Chinese deported from Canada or the U.S. for having
offended that repressive Red Chinese law.
- I certainly have never heard of the Communists having
made requests to the Canadian or U.S. governments insisting they stop their
overseas Chinese - local residents - from exercising their reproductive
freedom. I am also not aware that Chinese returning home to China for
a visit with their grandchildren or to visit relatives in China, were arrested
for breaking this stringent law while living outside of China proper.
- But, Jeff, such is the mindset of the blinkered indoctrinated
Europeans who consider themselves enlightened and sophisticated - and that
includes virtually anyone I have spoken to - that they cannot or will not
see the similarity of the situation. The situation is, of course, ludicrous!
- This is a CENSORED letter from a very sad, schizoid place.
Be glad you are there...and not here.
- Keep the flame of Freedom burning. In spite of Iraq,
Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo - America is still a good place to be - the last
free place. Keep it so. It is precious.