"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." -Mark Twain
Jimmy Carter has traveled a lot in the Middle East. He brokered a peace deal between Israel and Egypt long ago. I hadn't known Jimmy Carter hated Jews and Arabs---Semitic people--until some Jewish people informed me he did. Seems the former president wrote a book about the causes of friction in the so-called Holy Land. As anyone could have told Carter, the causes of friction go back several thousand years and can be traced to one key issue.
The Jews hate the Arabs (who are Semites) as much as the Arabs hate the Jews (who are Semites). Yet they trace their lineage back to a common ancestor.
Nowadays, if anyone should speak or write a critical remark about US-Israel policy, or the fact that Israel had a very close, uncomfortably close, connection to the 911 "terror" attack and the subsequent cover up, those critics are labeled anti-Semitic. As if we somehow hated the Arabs and Jews simply because we critics saw some very real connection between Saudi hijackers and Israeli celebrants on September 11, 2001.
Are YOU an anti-Semite? Do you know someone who is? Take this simple test and find out. Don't be surprised if you discover some painful truths about yourself and your country.
1. Abraham was the Biblical ancestor of Arabs and Jews. Thus, logically, each group should be treated equally and with respect. True or false? If you answered True, you are anti-Semitic because you hate the Jews.
2. The US foreign policy favors Israel and punishes her enemies. True or false? If you answered True you are obviously anti-Semitic.
3. The Federal Reserve Bank, which controls US money and thus controls America, is based in London, England and is headed by Jewish peoples. True or false? If you answered False, you are not necessarily anti-Semitic but simply uninformed.
4. Many powerful US Congressmen, senators and representatives, whether Republican or Democrat, travel to Israel but never travel to Iran or Syria on all-expenses-paid fact-finding missions, thus their bias towards Israel and against Iran. True or false? If you answered True, you know your current events but probably have anti-Semitic tendencies.
5. Many powerful Hollywood moviemakers are Jewish. Thus almost all movie villains (Nazis, Muslims, Islamic terrorists, Catholic pedophiles) are enemies of Jews---but never, ever are Jewish people portrayed as evil. True or false? If you answered True you hate the Jews and are anti-Semitic.
6. Jews are among the best and worst people in the world. But Jews enjoy far more influence and positions of power, relative to their numbers, than any other comparable group of people in the US. True or false? If you answered True you are a neo-Nazi skinhead AND an anti-Semite.
7. Jewish people enjoy high places of power in the US government and media, but many of them also hold foreign passports for Israel. Doesn't that create problems of loyalty? True or false? If you answered True, you obviously hate America and side with the Arab terrorist--or perhaps you are an Al Qaeda member and should be imprisoned.
If you answered True to any of the above seven simple questions, you have definite anti-Semitic tendencies. If you answered True to ALL seven, you will be among the first anti-Semites to be rounded up and put into a concentration camp.
USAF veteran, scriptwriter, satirist and suspense novelist,
Douglas Herman is a Slavic Wasp of Jewish origin and writes for Rense regularly.