- An obvious question emerges: What fundamental component
of our overpopulation crisis must we solve before our society and the rest
of the world stands any chance of surviving this "Human Katrina"
- Quick answer- in addition to sensible immigration control
actions: an alternative energy source to oil, coal and natural gas.
- To refresh your memory, and review how fast this crisis
advances, you may visit: www.populationmedia.org
- If we fail to find another energy source to power our
infrastructure- to run our cars, power plants and home heating- civilizations
around the planet will not survive. www.willyoujoinus.com
- What can YOU do to bring that about?
- You must become part of 'critical mass' enough
citizens writing, calling, talking and promoting anyone who addresses this
issue at the local, state and national levels.
- Our leaders have lost touch with YOU, and reality. They
need your help.
- We must spend billions for research on alternative energy
to free us from the grips of petroleum-oil. The thinking that got
us into this mess cannot be used to get us out. New paradigm brain-storming
must begin. We cannot keep thinking that the solutions of the 20th century
will solve our problems in the 21st century. They will not.
- We must find solutions that work for the future of all
- We MUST stop fossil fuel burning as soon as possible.
We must investigate both sides (in balance) of the global warming
question, as soon as possible, then do the right thing as we end the
hysteria and get to work on real solutions.
- We must stop massive species extinction as soon as possible.
- We must balance our population- inside the carrying capacity
of our nation and the planet- in order to bring about a sustainable
society moving into the future.
- Please, add YOUR ideas to this basic list;
- 1. Possible alternatives show promise in solar conversion.
Let's shift gears and engage ten times more top scientists to make
sunshine our greatest non-polluting source of energy by changing it from
light beams to electrical power. Let's engage wind power and wave power
toward electrical power. Visit American Solar Energy Society in Boulder,
Colorado at: <http://www.ases.org/>www.ases.org
- 2. Learn about the National Energy Research Laboratory
(NREL) research and development of renewable fuels and electricity that
advance national energy goals to change the way we power our homes, businesses,
- NREL's brand new "Wind to Hydrogen" Facility
Offers New Template for Future Energy Production
- Xcel Energy and NREL recently unveiled a unique facility
that uses electricity from wind turbines to produce and store pure hydrogen,
offering what may become an important new template for future energy production.
- 3. Produce only two and four cylinder cars. Nobody needs
a six or eight cylinder car. I've been driving four cylinder cars for
a long time- starting with my VW in 1965. I've always arrived at my destination
safely, and on time.
- 4. To promote more efficiency in the near future, we
must implement "incentives;"
- § Charge $10.00 per gallon for all eight
- § $8.00 a gallon for six cylinder cars;
- § $2.00 a gallon for four cylinder cars.
- Ø Charge $1.00 a gallon for two cylinder
- Ø Press for more hybrid cars, with 70-100
miles per gallon.
- 5. From that pricing-incentive approach, everyone would
start moving toward greater efficiency, bicycling, car pools, bussing,
mass transit and ecological responsibility. If you think these ideas sound
harsh, just wait until the oil runs out- for greater trauma. If you've
got better ideas, let's hear them! We must stop green house gas emissions:
www.stopglobalwarming.org please, stop and remember--more people make
more greenhouse gases.
- 6. Create a nationwide bottle, can and plastic 20 cent
deposit/return on every container sold at retail. That includes EVERY
container sold out of every store in America! No one would lose a dime,
and everyone would become perfect recyclers! Money speaks louder than
- 7. Waste disposal; Average Americans create around
five pounds of waste daily. In Colorado, each person creates 2,200 pounds
of municipal waste annually. You may choose a number of waste reducing
- a. Bring your own cotton bags to grocery and retail
outlets. I have two
- cotton bags 25 years old and still hauling groceries!
- b. Vote to stop junk mail. www.stopjunk.com
- c. Use rechargeable batteries.
- d. Buy "green" with less packaging.
- For more information, visit www.greenprintdenver.org
for new ideas and how to start in your community. Use that web site for
a template in your own state.
- 8. How do you stop using chemicals that harm you and
- a. Avoid any household product marked
with "Caution;" "Warning;" "Danger".
- b. Use earth-friendly cleaners, purchased
at your local stores.
- c. Dispose of hazardous waste by taking
to eco-recycle experts.
- d. Remember that everything you store in the house
outgases to you and your children. Keep such chemicals in
- e. www.ecos.com ; www.melaleuca.com for safe cleaning
products for your home. Also, www.mcs-global.org helps you deal with
- 9. We face a dreadful water crisis if we fail to stabilize
our population. If we stopped all immigration today, our population momentum
will add more than 35 million within 40 years. Therefore, we must deal
with our water issues.
- a. You can practice water conservation
by low flow flush toilets, water saver shower heads and know that every
time you leave the tap running, it's wasting water. www.wateruseitwisely.com
- b. You may create xeriscape lawns-landscaping
with minimum water needs. www.greenprintdenver.org
- c. Move toward a healthier nutritional program by
shifting toward more fruits, vegetables, grains and alternative protein
products such as rice, beans, tofu and soy products to avoid that 5,214
gallons of water used to produce one pound of beef.
- 10. Enjoy this revitalized thought-process; plug into
like-minded people determined to make this planet livable. www.emagazine.com
will give you up to the minute information. Go to www.thesocialcontract.com
and become a member and enjoy the Social Contract Quarterly for incredible
information on conferences, writers and books.
- Then spend some time with www.savetheoceans.org and www.greenpeace.org
to promote health for our oceans, reefs and rainforests. Everything you
do-Counts! Everything you do or fail to do creates cause and effect.
- Please, please, please- action, by YOU
- To each loyal citizen reading this final part of the
series, I implore YOU to act. Nothing happens unless YOU take action.
Again, cause and effect. If YOU take little or no action, YOU create effect.
Your inaction creates impact- think about it.
- As you can imagine, by bicycling on six continents- I
know what's coming if we don't stop this population juggernaut. Will I
- N O T!
- Each day I sit in front of my keyboard, I read aloud
the following- to maintain momentum. I share it with you as we come together
in this URGENT ACTION:
- "Until one is committed, there is hesitancy,
- the chance to draw back- always ineffectiveness.
- Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there
is one elementary truth-
- the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid
- That the moment one definitely commits oneself to a task,
- then Providence moves too- acting as one.
- All sorts of things occur to help- that would never otherwise
- A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising
in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material
assistance, which no one could have dreamed would have come her/his way.
- Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
- Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Begin it now."
- -- Goethe (and Murray)
- Your children and all other living creatures on earth-
- It is a joy to walk on Mother Earth- with YOU!
- Good health and high spirits.