- "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came
up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages,
famine and the like would fit the bill..." Club of Rome, an elite
think-tank working with the UN.
- "...we need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public's imagination.... So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts....
Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective
and being honest." Stanford Professor Stephen Schneider
- "The earth continually warms and cools. The
cycle is undeniable, ancient, often abrupt, and global. It is also unstoppable.
Isotopes in the ice and sediment cores, ancient tree rings, and stalagmites
tell us it is linked to small changes in the irradiance of the sun."[3,
page 4] Atmospheric physicist Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery, Unstoppable
- "No matter if the science of global warming
is all phony... climate change [provides] the greatest opportunity to bring
about justice and equality in the world." Christine Stewart, then
Canadian Minister of the Environment
- "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind,
and said: 'Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?...Where
were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have
understanding.... To what were its foundations fastened?... Or who shut
in the sea... when I said, 'This far you may come, but no farther, and
here your proud waves must stop!'" Job 38:1-6, 8, 11
- In spite of Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth,"
there's no scientific consensus on human-caused global warming. His claim
that Greenland's ice will melt, causing oceans to rise twenty feet, is
science fiction, not reality. Unadulterated scientific facts show us that,
since 2005, Greenland's ice mass has been growing, not shrinking! So has
its population of polar bears.
- During a medieval period of global warming (warmer than
now), Norwegian explorers settled on Greenland's grassy coast. But the
climate cooled, and by 1350 AD, ice covered their fields and coastal waters.
That "Little ice age" -- a natural shift in the revolving cycles
of nature -- wiped out the entire community. However, during that warming
period -- almost a millennium before the media would blame SUVs for warm
days -- the Atlantic coasts were not buried by rising oceans. In fact,
any slight variation in ocean levels are naturally moderated by increased
evaporation during warmer cycles. Our Maker planned His creation well!
- In spite of today's deceptive propaganda, more than a
hundred scientists (atmospheric physicists, climatologists, meteorologist,
etc.) have dared to publicly disagreed with the supposed "global warming"
consensus. They warn us that the ominous media predictions are "based
solely on unproven scientific theories, imperfect computer models -- and
the unsupported assumptions that catastrophic global warming follows from
the burning of fossil fuels and requires immediate action."
- But the liberal media turns a deaf ear to the rational
voices. Mention global warming and the name most likely to come to mind
is Al Gore. His 1992 book, Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human
Spirit helps explain why his disciples defend his deceptive message with
religious zeal. It IS religious! M. Scott Peck, the supposedly "Christian"
author of The Road Less Traveled, called it a "holy book" that
we "must have for our collective salvation."
- Notice the emphasis on earth-centered spirituality in
the quotes below. Gore's spiritual blend matches the UN demand for a universal,
unifying spirituality based on systems thinking -- a postmodern version
of the timeless pantheistic belief that everything is interconnected. (Remember
the story about the Asian butterfly whose flapping wings caused a breeze
in America?) Contemporary change agents have stretched this philosophy
to include all systems: political, economic, social, and spiritual. With
that in mind, ponder the faith -- and the deceptive suggestions --behind
Gore's pseudo science and historical revisions:
- "The richness and diversity of our religious tradition
throughout history is a spiritual resource long ignored by people of faith,
who are often afraid to open their minds to teachings first offered outside
their own system of belief. But the emergence of a civilization in which
knowledge moves freely and almost instantaneously throughout the world
has. . . spurred a renewed investigation of the wisdom distilled by all
faiths. This panreligious perspective may prove especially important where
our global civilization's responsibility for the earth is concerned....
Native American religions, for instance, offer a rich tapestry of ideas
about our relationship to the earth....'All things are connected like the
blood that unites us all.'" (pages 258-259)
- "The spiritual sense of our place in nature...
can be traced to the origins of human civilization.... The last vestige
of organized goddess worship was eliminated by Christianity." (page
- "Hindu environmentalist, Dr. Karan Singh, regularly
cites the ancient Hindu dictum: 'The Earth is our mother, and we are all
her children." (page 261)
- To help establish this earth-centered spirituality, Gore
calls for "a central organizing principle - one agreed to voluntarily."
Then he warns us that...
- "Minor shifts in policy, moderate improvement
in laws and regulations, rhetoric offered in lieu of genuine change-these
are all forms of appeasement, designed to satisfy the public's desire to
believe that sacrifice, struggle and a wrenching transformation of society
will not be necessary." (page 274)
- Only a major crisis would persuade the masses to consent
to such a "wrenching transformation." Like Al Gore, the elite
members of the Club of Rome knew that well. That's why they concluded that
"global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the
bill." Local abuses (polluted rivers, industrial waste, etc.)
won't suffice. Unlike "global warming" with its sensationalized
consequences, local problems seldom capture the imagination of the global
community. They just aren't scary enough!
- GREEN HISTORY
- To understand the politics behind the environmental movement
and its persuasive propaganda, let's look at the social ambitions that
drive it. Its agenda was formed during the sixties, when four overlapping
anti-establishment groups joined to form the Green Party in Germany: radical
feminists, Marxists (the new Left), peace-niks (the anti-war movement),
and hippies seeking spiritual enlightenment.
- Militant U.S. "Greens" formed a similar agenda:
radical population control, a global welfare system (replacing capitalism
with socialism), planetary governance (including national disarmament),
and earth-centered spirituality.
- The blend of these four counter-culture philosophies
shows why pantheism and Marxism permeate environmentalism. Consider the
sobering fact that William Reilly, former head of the Environmental Protection
Agency, stated that private ownership of land is a "quaint anachronism."
According to former Washington governor Dr. Dixie Lee Ray, he sought the
"repeal of the Fifth Amendment to make it easier for government to
seize private land."
- But the undisputed leader of the environmental movement
during the last three decades has been Canadian billionaire Maurice Strong.
Though usually operating behind the scenes, Strong is no minor player in
this global contest for the minds of the masses. He led the UN Environmental
Programme, directed the 1972 and 1992 UN Conferences on the Environment
and Development, founded Planetary Citizens, directed the World Future
Society and founded and co-chaired the World Economic Forum. He has been
a member of the Club of Rome, trustee of the Rockefeller Foundation and
Aspen Institute, a member of the UN Commission on Global Governance, and
the Senior Advisor to the World Bank as well as to former UN Secretary
General Kofi Annan.
- Mr. Strong also founded the Earth Council. Working closely
with Steven Rockefeller, Mikhail Gorbachev and Robert Mueller, he oversaw
the drafting of the UN Earth Charter, which is housed in the notorious
Ark of Hope. If this Charter wins the consent of "the people,"
it would only be a matter of time before its rules replace all rights granted
by the U.S. Constitution.
- The Earth Charter opens with this declaration: "We
stand at a critical moment in Earth's history, a time when humanity must
choose its future...." It continues,
- "As never before in history, common destiny beckons
us to seek a new beginning. Such renewal is the promise of these Earth
Charter principles.... This requires a change of mind and heart. It requires
a new sense of global INTERdependence [systems thinking] and universal
responsibility. ... The partnership of government, civil society, and business
is essential for effective governance."
- This global contract clashes with Christianity. "Fundamental
changes," it tells us, "are needed in our values, institutions,
and ways of living." A new set of beliefs, values and behavior must
unify "the one human family" to ensure lasting peace.
- THE POWER BEHIND THE GREEN AGENDA
- This grand purpose not only demands favorable propaganda
-- the doomsday predictions that trade scientific facts for intentional
deception. It also calls for unthinkable censorship. Contrary voices must
- It's happening in the UK. "Only a few years ago
the Greens were merely a fringe group, today they are at the center of
British politics," wrote Paul Johnson in his Forbes article titled
"The Menace of the Lobby:"
- "This is largely because of the backing they have
received from a majority of scientists over the issue of global warming,
especially the unproved theory that it is caused largely by human activities.
The Royal Society, the most prestigious of British scientific institutions,
has thrown its weight strongly behind the Greens. Scientists who are known
to be skeptical of global warming find it hard to get academic jobs and
impossible to receive university funding for their research....
- "How many Greens are there? It is assumed
they number in the millions.... The environmental fervor of most Greens
borders on fanatical. Some call for the denial of climate change to be
made a criminal offense, along the lines of legislation in European countries
that makes denial of the Holocaust unlawful.... As a result a mass of legislation
is being turned into law, subjecting any activities that increase greenhouse
gas emissions or are seen as 'crimes against nature' to severe financial
penalties.... It won't be long before all households feel their effects."
- America follows close behind. Under the banner of Sustainable
Development, the UN/US plan for government control over all water, land,
food and housing is progressing at full speed. Few Americans are even aware
of the vast networks of regulatory agencies and community partnerships
that are implementing the new system through Agenda 21 -- often disguised
as Smart Growth or other pleasing labels for this all-consuming UN agenda.
- While most of these new rules and regulation bypass Congress,
some do not. A recent article titled, "Bill ties climate to national
security" warns us that...
- "The CIA and Pentagon would for the first time
be required to assess the national security implications of climate change
under proposed legislation intended to elevate global warming to a national
defense issue.... The measure also would order the Pentagon to undertake
a series of war games to determine how global climate change could affect
- "John J. Hamre, who served as deputy secretary
of defense in the Clinton administration, said global warming couched in
security terms would make if far more difficult for politicians to ignore.
'What makes this interesting is the clear effort to make the politics of
global warming broader.'"
- THE CONTRARY EVIDENCE
- Meanwhile, the evidence against man-made global warming
is overwhelming. Here are just a few links that tell the "other"
- "Their experiments confirmed that cosmic rays,
by ionising molecular particles, provide nuclei for condensation of water
vapour, thereby significantly influencing cloud cover on the planet. In
periods of high electro-magnetic activity in the sun, such as occurred
during the past century, cosmic rays are deflected, resulting in a reduction
of clouds. This effect plus greater direct radiation from the sun is likely
a significant factor in global warming." Exploding stars influence
climate on earth
- "The past, both recent and geologic, has seen
large and rapid natural changes in temperature. Any onset of warmer temperatures
[which increases the rate of evaporation] would be expected to produce
a drop in sea level, not a rise." The Scientific Case against the
Global Climate Treaty
- "In almost a point-by-point refutation of Al Gore's
unsupportable rant that 'the debate is over; man is warming the Earth,'
Singer and Avery explain technically but lucidly why nearly
- every cherry-picked fact in Gore's movie 'An Inconvenient
Truth' is contradicted by science.... Man is in fact all but irrelevant
to global climate, as the sun and its accompanying solar system rule."
Careful Review of Science Refutes Global Warming Myths
- A short but amazing video clip backs this evidence. It
shows the infinitely vast -- and the inconceivably tiny -- wonders of the
universe we inhabit:
- Secret Worlds: The Universe Within. Please watch it,
then ask yourself, How could such an astounding universe simply evolve
from nothing? How can man presume to manage it?
- And how can Al Gore claim to have all the answers when
honest scientists are just beginning to uncover the unfathomable mysteries
of God's creation? His shallow "certainties" ignore the cyclical
forces and natural fluctuation that have influenced the earth's warming
and cooling phases through the ages. They include:
- a.. sunspot activity (increased solar turbulence, which
heat the earth in 9 to 13-year cycles). During the coldest years in the
"Little Ice Age," there were "virtually no sunspots at all..."[3,
- b.. major volcanic eruptions (can blast millions of
tons of particles and gas into the stratosphere, blocking solar rays, and
cooling the earth for years).
- c.. the gravitational pull of the moon (affects tidal
forces and triggers volcanoes)
- d.. the annual decrease of stratospheric ozone each
southern winter (our summer) when the sun's seasonal absence prevents ultraviolet
rays from interacting with oxygen and producing ozone.
- e.. the earth's magnetic field (deflects storm tracks)
- "We know more about the surface of Mars than the
three-mile strip of state waters along our coast," admits Rikk Kvitek,
director of the Seafloor Mapping Lab at California State University."
- Even so, faithful Job, who lived about 4000 years ago,
knew some amazing facts about God's creation. Thousands of years before
the celebrated discoveries of Newton and Galileo, Job described God' work
to his critical friends:
- "?He hangs the earth on nothing. ?He binds up
the water in His thick clouds,
- Yet the clouds ?are not broken under it." Job
- But Job didn't realize how little he actually knew. So
God gave him (and us) a lesson. Here is only a fraction of that lesson,
but take time to ponder it. And never forget the amazing sovereignty of
God and the absurdity of human claims to improve the order of His magnificent
- The Lord answered Job...
- "Have you entered the springs of the sea? Or have
you walked in search of the depths? ...Tell Me, if you know all this.
- "By what way is light diffused, or the east wind
scattered over the earth? Who has divided a channel for the overflowing
water, or a path for the thunderbolt...
- "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or
loose the belt of Orion?... Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?
- "Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, that
an abundance of water may cover you?..." Job 38:16-40
- Then Job answered the Lord...
- 'I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose
of Yours can be withheld from You. You asked, 'Who is this who hides counsel
without knowledge?' Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I did not know." Job 42:1-6
- O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder
- Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
- I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
- Thy power throughout the universe displayed:
- Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee:
- How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
- Then sings my soul! my Savior God, to Thee:
- How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
- 1. Alexander King & Bertrand Schneider, The First
Global Revolution (New York: Pantheon Books, 1991), 115. 2. Jonathan Schell,
"Our Fragile Earth," Discover (October 1989); 44.
- 3. S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery, Unstoppable Global
Warming (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2007).
- 4. Christine Stewart, then Canadian Minister of the Environment,
before the editors and reporters of the Calgary Herald, 1998, and quoted
by Terence Corcoran, "Global Warming: The Real Agenda," Financial
Post, 26 December 1998, from the Calgary Herald, 14 December 1998. Cited
Fred Singer, page 4. (See note #3)
- 5. <>http://www.sepp.org/policy%20declarations/leipzig.html
- 6. Al Gore, Earth in the Balance; Ecology and the Human
Spirit (Houghton Mifflin, 1992), back cover.
- 7. Dixy Lee Ray, Environmental Overkill (Washington:
Regnery Gateway, 1993), 101.
- 8. <>www.crossroad.to/text/articles/rapid-reaction99.htm.
In his opening speech at the 1992 UN Conference on Environment and Development,
Maurice Strong said, "...current lifestyles and consumption patterns
of the affluent middle class - involving high meat intake use of fossil
fuels, appliances, home and work-place air-conditioning, and suburban housing
- are not sustainable. A shift is necessary. which will require a vast
strengthening of the multilateral system, including the United Nations."
- 9. <>www.crossroad.to/articles2/2002/ark.html
- 10. <>http://www.earthcharterusa.org/earth_charter.html
- 11. Paul Johnson, "The Menace of the Lobby,"
Forbes, 4-23-07. <>http://members.forbes.com/global/2007/0423/016.html
- 12. Bryan Bender, "Bill ties climate to national
security," Boston Globe, 4-9-07. <>http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/04/09/bill_ties_climate_to_national_security/?page=full
- 13.Barbara Feder Ostrow, "Undersea map reveals Maverick's
secret," <>http://www.mercurynews.com/, 4-17-07.