- Hello Jeff - It appears that Cyanuric acid, a chemical
used to extend the life of chlorine in swimming pools and melamine were
both found in the contaminated pet food. When these chemicals are together
they act as a binary weapon, they become deadly.
- The following was from Animal Net, a food safety net
- Just think how easy it would be for China to deliberately
poison our food. Simple really, and it would appear as an innocent food
additive problem as we hear with the pet food scandal.
- Clues Found In Pet Food Death - U G Scientists
Find Missing Link
- By Rob O'Flanagan
- The Guelph Mercury (Ontario)
- Researchers in specialized laboratories at the University
of Guelph may have, according to this story, solved part of a chemical
puzzle linked to Menu Foods' tainted pet food drama.
- The story says that scientists at the university's labs
believe they have established a link between chemicals found in contaminated
pet food and urinary crystals found in pets that apparently died from eating
- Both melamine and cyanuric acid were found in the tainted
pet food. Taken alone, they are not particularly toxic, but together they
may be deadly. John Melichercik, director of analytical services for
the university's Laboratory Services, was quoted as saying, "The FDA
(U.S. Food and Drug Administration) had implicated both melamine and cyanuric
acid in this issue, but there was no real mechanism as to how it would
happen. We knew that these crystals that were being removed from animals
that had suffered renal (kidney) failure contained melamine and cyanuric
acid. The question was how were these crystals forming, how would this
happen within the body of an animal?"
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD
- Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural Economics
- Univ of West Indies
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
- Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health
- Mary Sparrowdancer
- So, what happens when Cyanuric acid combines with fluoride,
which is now being forced into two-thirds of all drinking water in
the United States?
- mary sparrowdancer