- Senator Chuck Schumer wants to amend the immigration
bill to require you to get a new Social Security card with biometric information
embedded in it. Creating this new card would . . .
- * Cost $9 billion (before the usual government cost over-runs)
* Require the Social Security administration to hire an additional 60,000
employees * Require you to spend time getting the new card * Require you
to give the central government sensitive personal information
- In the past only criminals had to supply the state with
things like fingerprints, DNA, or retinal scans. Now, if Schumer gets his
way, law abiding citizens will have to do it too, just for the privilege
of earning a living. Meanwhile . . .
- The people this card is supposed to control will continue
to live underground, work on the black market without papers, or forge
documents. The real control will be over you, not them.
- So why does Schumer want this Biometric Social Security
card on top of the REAL ID?
- It could be because the REAL ID Act is in big trouble
and the politicians are looking for an alternative that doesn't require
the cooperation of state governments. After all . . .
- New Hampshire just voted to NOT COOPERATE with the REAL
- This New Hampshire decision is a big victory for our
side, but a real challenge to Big Brother politicians like Schumer. Biometric
Social Security cards may soon take the place of the REAL ID, unless we
stop the whole thing dead in its tracks, right now.
- This Biometric Social Security card is evidence that
the politicians are going to come at us from all angles. If they can't
come in through the door (REAL ID), then they'll try to come in through
a window (Biometric Social Security cards). We need to use the same tactic
to defeat this tactic, fighting fire with fire.
- We need to attack these Big Brother proposals from all
angles. That's why we're devoting the entire week to defeating the immigration
bill. We need for you to send a new message about this each day. Every
message will ask the Senate to oppose the immigration bill as a whole.
But then . . .
- In your personal comments we want to ask you to add a
specific objection -- a different one for each day. Yesterday we asked
you to tell your Senators that . . .
- You've heard rumors that earmarks are being offered in
return for voting yes on the immigration bill, and you're going to be very
ANGRY if that turns out to be true. If you sent this message yesterday,
thank you. If you did not, please do so now HERE.
- Today, send another message, and use your personal comments
to ask your Senators to oppose Senator Schumer's Biometric Social Security
Card amendment. You can do so HERE.
- Tomorrow we'll be back with another message for you to
send on this issue. In the meantime, could we ask you to put in a little
extra effort today, and also send a message calling for the repeal of the
REAL ID Act. Tell them you know New Hampshire has refused to participate,
and you think it's time to just repeal REAL ID entirely. You can send that
- This is important because the more objections the Senate
receives to national ID card schemes the more likely it is that the REAL
ID Act will be repealed, that provisions related to it will be stripped
from the immigration bill, and that Schumer's Biometric Social Security
Card amendment will also be defeated.
- You can send your "Repeal the REAL ID Act"
- PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE.
Almost no one is going to like the idea of a Biometric Social Security
card, and we need everyone's help to defeat them.
- Finally, the Producers of "9/11 Press for Truth"
have given us permission to post the video on our website, where you can
watch it, and make your own evaluation of it for free. The video is posted
- If you would like to have a "9/11 Press for Truth"
DVD mailed to your home, here's how to get it . . .
- If you're an existing monthly credit card pledger in
good standing as of June 15, 2007, all you have to do is increase your
monthly pledge by at least $1, and we'll send one to you.
- If you're NOT an EXISTING monthly credit card pledger
then you can start a monthly credit card pledge of at least $6, or make
a one-time credit card donation of $35 or more, and we'll send you the
DVD. (Sorry, for technical reasons we cannot make this offer for PayPal
pledges or donations).
- You can make your contribution here.
- Thank you for being a DC Downsizer.
- Jim Babka
- DownsizeDC.org, Inc.