- An outbreak of low pathogenic avian influenza, type H5N2,
has been diagnosed on a poultry farm in Lugo, Italy. This has been notified
by the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Lugo is 25 km west of Ravenna, in Emilia Romano.
- The farm included 7000 adult ducks, 3000 geese and 150
chickens. The infection was detected within the framework of the annual,
routine sero-surveillance activities. No clinical symptoms were seen.
- The holding was confined, and the animals will be culled.
A restriction zone of one-km radius has been imposed around the site.
- From ProMED-mail Rapporteur Mary Marshall
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD
- Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural Economics
- Univ of West Indies
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
- Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health