- In response to: "Prof. Jones Denies/Ignores/Misrepresents
Proven Tritium Levels 55 Times Background Levels"
- (reproduced in entirety -
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EdWard-MD/message/110 )
- Jones inspires testing of unaffected WTC objects with
another "super" discovery? The "super neutron" that
traverses all mass infinitely? This is ground breaking physics - the "super
neutron" (it's like super thermate but with neutrons - take a known
object and give it super powers hypothesis). Jones tries to imply the "super
neutrons" existence with denial of 18 floors (exclucing several basement
floors that were much thicker) of 5 inch concrete slabs (with water content)
with 1 inch steel (approx. - 8 feet of concrete and 1 foot of steel in
18 floors) (all other filler, 47 - 16 inch steel core columns, elevators,
desks, computers, air, humidity, plastics, etc, et al, ignored). Has Prof.
Jones, the renown "Muon Physicist", never heard of TVT or, like
55 Times Background Levels of Tritium, is he simply ignoring the laws of
physics that support his hypothisis?
- When Jones asks in his second email regarding 55 Times
Background Levels of Tritium, "Wait, how can it be that these materials
(intact umbrella/calculator in a briefcase) from the 18th floor were not
affected by NEUTRONS?" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EdWard-MD/message/113
), I thankfully decline to waste money on testing materials protected by
8 TVT's (1 out of 100 million neutrons escape) of shielding. After hearing
of only pieces of telephones, file cabinets, everything crushed beyond
recognition in a pancake, the intact briefcase, umbrella and calculator
is almost more astounding than the "super neutron" and the disappearance
of the shielding effects of physics.
- The sample is back on track for testing, and there are
at least two more samples in the works. An appropriate sampling is 8 to
10 random samples (neutron effects are only about 10% of total nuclear
weapon debris effects) before serious questioning the source for 55 Times
Background Levels of Tritium originating from other than a thermonuclear
reaction. Along of course with the 200 feet wide by 40 feet deep craters,
massive wilted/vaporized steel beams, particalization of 2 billion pounds
of buildings, melted metal pools, etc, et al.
- I will gladly accept testing on anything affected by
the blast - powdered debris, melted steel, any of the massive wilted steel
- Prof. Jones still seems to bypass 55 Times Background
Levels of Tritium - in only 1 liter of sample - there were 16 million liters
of water at the WTC site - potentially Billions of Tritium Units with no
- Related articles:
- Update Micro Nukes in the WTC: Verifying the Source of
Tritium Levels 55 X the Environmental Amount - Certified Laboratory Testing
of WTC Debris Currently in Progress.
- Bombs in the WTC Buildings Proves Nothing to Racist-Fascist
- Micro-Nukes at the WTC
- Update: Micro-Nukes at the WTC
- Update: Proves Micro Nukes in the WTC
- Ed Ward, MD
- Information on Radiation Shielding/TVT follows:
- Radiation shielding is rated in "Tenth Value Thickness"
or TVT. One TVT is the depth of shielding required to reduce the radiation
to one tenth of its initial value (i.e., it stops 90% of the radiation).
Twice the TVT will reduce the radiation to one one-hundredth of its initial
value (stops 99%), and so on.
- Water has a TVT of 25.4 (10 inches will stop 90% of neutron
radiation - 20 inches will stop 99% of neutrons) centimeters vs particle
radiation (including neutrons),
- Optimum shielding of the radiation from particle accelerators
requires knowledge of the attenuation characteristics of the shielding
material. The most common material for shielding this radiation is concrete,..
We found that neutron transmission through the high-density concretes can
be estimated most reasonably and conservatively by using the linear tenth-value
layer of normal concrete if specific values of the tenth-value layer of
the high-density concrete are not known. The reason for this is that the
neutron transmission depends primarily on the hydrogen content of the concrete,
which does not significantly depend on concrete density.
- Shielding against neutron sources was introduced in Module
3. The best shielding is a material with abundant Hydrogen content such
as water, paraffin, wax, or concrete. http://www.ehs.utoronto.ca/services/radiation/radtraining/module7.htm
- Water is a good moderator, and so are many plastics materials.
The water content of concrete makes it an effective neutron attenuator.
Radiation safety in external beam therapy -
- Neutron radiation can be stopped. Water delays and absorbs
neutrons, but since some gamma radiation is given off in the process, dense
shielding is still required. Damp earth or concrete protects from both
forms of radiation. For example, only 12 inches of concrete or 24 inches
of damp earth reduce neutron radiation exposure by a factor of 10 (TVT).
- Neutrons - "long penetration (stopped best by water)"
(a link of over 100 links in my first article on Micro Nukes in the WTC
- http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/06/09/25/ward.htm ).
- The shielding effect of various materials to radiation
is usually expressed in half-value thickness, or tenth-value thickness:
in other words, the thickness of material required to reduce the intensity
of radiation by one-half or one-tenth. Successive layers of shielding each
reduce the intensity by the same proportion, so three tenth-value thickness
reduce the intensity to one-thousandth (a tenth-value thickness is about
3.3 half-value thicknesses).
- The intensity of nuclear radiation (neutrons) decreases
with the inverse square law like thermal radiation. However nuclear radiation
is also strongly absorbed by the air it travels through, which causes the
intensity to drop off much more rapidly. (Air will even stop neutrons.)
- Summary:DIN-6847 is the most suitable standard to estimate
shielding requirements in medical radiotherapy installations using linear
electron accelerators. Its calculation method is based on the tenth-value
thickness concept for which values given by curves and tables are recommended
in DIN-6847. These parameters have been estimated for both primary and
secondary X-ray beams using the MCNP code based on the Monte Carlo method.
Results show that DIN-6847 values are conservative for secondary X-ray
beam, but not always for direct radiation. The methodology used has been
tested using the mentioned code and results are consistent.
- Nuclear Radiation - Nuclear radiation comprises only
15% of the total energy released by a nuclear weapon except for the Neutron
bomb. In contrast, blast and heat account for 50% and 35% respectively
of the total energy. The sources of radiation from a nuclear weapon burst
are as given below:
- · Neutrons. These are emitted at high velocities
of up to 1/30 of that of light and arrive at the ranges of interest within
few tens of microseconds to few tens of milliseconds.
- Underground Burst. The greater the depth of the burst,
the larger is the reduction in thermal and immediate nuclear radiation
emerging into the atmosphere.
- · Detonation of a nuclear weapon produces Blast
Wave also called shock wave, which travels at a very high velocity. Blast
account for 50% of the total energy released by a nuclear explosion.
- Thermal Radiation
- · Thermal radiation accounts for 35% of the total
energy released by a nuclear weapon except the Enhanced Radiation Weapon
- http://www.caps.org.pk/Papers/March2002.htm (a link of
over 100 links in my first article on Micro Nukes in the WTC
- How much energy is displaced as neutrons in any nuclear
explosion is dependent on the type of nuclear device used, but we do know
that "only 2% of the total radiation dose from Little Boy was due
- "Fwd: Yes, glad to help -- materials from 18th floor
No Tower available to you for short-lived radioisotope testing!"
- (My full response will follow later today. I most definitely
do not accept testing on objects that are unaffected by the blasts. I will
accept testing on anything affected by the blast - powdered debris, melted
steel, any of the massive wilted steel beams, etc.) - Done
- Ed Ward, MD
- (Jones' response reproduced in full -
- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EdWard-MD/message/112 )
- Jim Mortellaro
- I hate to burst the good professor's bubble, however
there are other reasons for the high background level of Tritium
gas. Tritium is an isotope of Hydrogen and is used not only in nuclear
bombs, but in (sit down, you're not gonna believe this) EXIT signage.
- Heck, I should know, I used to consult for a company
that was the leader in Tritium Exit signs. These signs were used wherever
power was unavailable, difficult to access or otherwise where loss
of power constituted a serious emergency for marking EXITS.
- Tritium gas is placed in a tube(s) which spell out the
signage. For example, "Sortie" in French or "EXIT"
in English. They were used extensively in prisons, as prisoners were reluctant
to fiddle with bulbs, breaking them, etc., if they knew the signs were
radioactive. And they are. But in small amounts and with particles which
decayed which were not dangerous unless inhaled in large amounts over an
extensive period of time.
- These Tritium signs were also used to save power, since
they are self powered. The Tritium gas in the tube is accompanied by a
luminescent substance. As the Tritium decayed, alpha particles hit the
substance and it 'glows.' Ergo, self powered.
- After the first attack on the World Trade Center, we
sold many tritium exit and other signage for use in the WTC buildings.
- Now I am NOT implying that the Tritium was all signage.
I am, however, stating that Tritium signage was in use. Extensive use.
- Jim Mortellaro
- Jim Mortellaro, AKA, Morty
- Web Site - http://www.mortyscabin.net/
- Email us -Morty@MortysCabin.Net
- Something for Everyone at Morty's Cabin
- Reply From
- Ed Ward
- While I thoroughly enjoyed Jim Mortellaro's reminiscing
of what he did in the old days, it has nothing to do with the WTC and is
false information. The DOE report, "Study of Traces (55
TIMES Background Levels) of Tritium at the World Trade Center" (http://www.llnl.gov/tid/lof/documents/pdf/241096.pdf)
clearly states on page 7, 5. Sources and Fate of Tritium at the WTC, paragraph
2: "We were informed by PANYNJ authorities that there were NO TRITIUM
SIGNS AT THE WTC, only photluminescent ones (Lombardi, F.J. Port Authority
of New York and New Jersey, personal communication, 12/10/2001). This
entirely consistent with our observations."
- Ed Ward, MD