- I was told by Sen. Gordon Smith's office this morning
that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wants a vote on the federal hate
crimes bill before Congress adjourns for the summer. That means by the
end of this week!
- Smith's spokesman said the hate bill was introduced
several weeks ago as an amendment to the military reappropriations bill
only to speed up the process. It could be as easily submitted as a stand
alone bill anytime Reid can fit it into the Senate's busy schedule.
- Clearly, we do not necessarily have until
September to protest the hate bill. We must immediately overwhelm the Senate
with calls. Call your Senator NOW at 1-877-851-6437 toll-free or 1-202-225-3121.
For several dozen other Senators who might be persuaded to vote against
the hate bill come to <http://www.truthtellers.org/>www.truthtellers.org.
- Rev. Ted Pike is director of the National
Prayer Network, a Christian/conservative watch dog organization.
- Let the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith
teach you how they have saddled 45 states with hate laws capable of persecuting
- Learn how ADL took away free speech in Canada
and wants to steal it now in the U.S. Congress. Watch Rev. Ted Pike's <http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7217700265038533779>Hate
Laws: Making Criminals of Christians at video.google.com. Purchase this
gripping documentary to show at church. Order online at <http://www.truthtellers.org/>www.truthtellers.org
for $24.90, DVD or VHS, by calling 503-853-3688, or at the address below.
- TALK SHOW HOSTS: Interview Rev. Ted Pike on
this subject. Call (503) 631-3808.
- NATIONAL PRAYER NETWORK, P.O. Box 828, Clackamas, OR