- LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kraft
Foods Inc said on Wednesday it recalled Baker's Premium White Chocolate
Baking Squares distributed throughout the United States due to possible
- The company said the recalled product is in 6-ounce packages
with UPC Code 0043000252200 and the following "best when used by"
dates: 31 MAR 2008 XCZ, 01 APR 2008 XCZ, 02 APR 2008 XCZ, 03 APR 2008 XCZ.
- Some 24,000 cases of the product involved in the recall
were produced, Kraft spokeswoman Cathy Pernu said. So far there have been
no reports of illness, she said.
- Kraft said it was notified of the possible contamination
after testing by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration detected the presence
of salmonella in some 6-oz. packages.
- Pernu said Kraft is investigating the source of the problem.
- Salmonella is a bacterium that causes food-borne illness.
Symptoms include fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. In people with poor
health or weakened immune systems, salmonella can cause life-threatening
- (Reporting by Lisa Baertlein, and Joe Giannone in New
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural Economics
Univ of West Indies Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message board at:
http://www.emergingdisease.org/phpbb/index.php Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health
- Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger
- Stop by today!