- "Therefore I have heard of military operations that
were clumsy but swift, but I have never seen one that was skillful and
lasted a long time. It is never beneficial to a nation to have a military
operation continue for a long time." - Sun Tzu
- Sun Tzu also said: "To win without fighting is best"
For the last two days I've been embroiled with a pretender to inside information,
a "Dominick Perez," about the coming war on Iran and his prospective
overview's of US strategic and military plans for the pending US invasion
- This writer claimed to be a veteran of some sixteen years
in the US Air Force, but he has failed to give his name, rank, or serial
number: Which tends to nullify any special expertise he might want to claim
for his statements; quoted below. The slant here is obviously a fantasy
that smells like Rumsfeld, but reads like Cheney. My comments are preceded
by a small 'k.'
- DP) "Any attack is likely to be on a massive multi-front
scale but avoiding a
- ground invasion. Attacks focused on WMD facilities would
leave Iran too many retaliatory options, leave President Bush open to the
charge of using too little force and leave the regime intact.
- US bombers and long range missiles are ready today to
destroy 10,000 targets in Iran in a few hours."
- k) Translation: We're going to try and bomb Iran back
to the stone-age, because we have no troops to spare and we're already
overwhelmed in both Iraq and Afghanistan at the present time.
- Overlooked in this rosy scenario is the new automated
launching system that Iran has just completed that will automatically launch
all it's defensive missiles whenever attacking planes or missiles cross
into Iranian air-space. These missiles can reach Qatar, Kuwait, the Green
Zone and Tel-Aviv, not to mention the US Aircraft Carriers in the Gulf,
within minutes. Iran has its own satellite, and it is being further assisted
by Russian intelligence-not-to-mention the newly formed Defense pact between
the Russians, the Chinese and the three Stans that was created right after
Bush stole the first election-simply to act as a check upon US military
over-extensions, in the Middle-East.
- Apparently the US War Department has chosen to ignore
the recent Chinese demonstration of their capability to take out any satellite
within minutes by using Chinese rockets from earth to the target of their
choice in space: this could cripple the US military's use of GPS in combat,
and thereby immediately alter the course of any US or Israeli invasion
- DP) "US ground, air and marine forces already in
the Gulf, Iraq, and Afghanistan can devastate Iranian forces, the regime
and the state at short notice."
- k) This is laughable: Of course this assumes that the
attacking planes can penetrate Iranian airspace and get to those targets.
Bear in mind the Russians have recently revamped the Iranian Air Defense
shield surrounding Tehran and other key targets inside that country. US
troops "in the region" are overstressed, under-equipped and basically
worn out now -and this "plan" is to send them against a 10 million
man army fighting to protect their own lands and homes, but with real weapons
not rocks and Molotov-cocktails.
- Sun Tzu said (two-thousand years ago): "When power
and resources are exhausted then the homeland is drained. The common people
are deprived of seventy percent of their budget, while the government's
expenses for equipment amount to sixty percent of its budget.
- DP) "Some form of low level US and possibly UK military
action as well as armed popular resistance appear underway inside the Iranian
provinces or ethnic areas of the Azeri, Balujistan, Kurdistan and Khuzestan.
Iran was unable to prevent sabotage of its offshore-to-shore crude oil
pipelines in 2005."
- k) The CIA has been working openly inside Iran for months
now in an attempt to destabilize that nation; but people tend to come together
when attacked from the outside - regardless of any internal political disappointments
those people might have with their own government at the time. When the
bombs begin to fall inside Iran; it may be US intelligence agents that
will find themselves under attack, rather than the government of Iran -
the same Iran -- that will be answering the attack upon their country with
everything that nation can throw up against us.
- Sabotage is no stranger to US forces inside Iraq - and
has yet to be contained in over five years of warfare. And anyone might
note, that it is because of the resistance that arose AFTER "Mission
- Declared, that the real resistance inside Iraq began
to decimate the pretensions of the US military's claim to a "victory"
in their conquest of Iraq.
- DP) "Nuclear weapons are ready, but most unlikely,
to be used by the US, the UK and Israel. The human, political and environmental
effects would be
- devastating, while their military value is limited.
- Israel is determined to prevent Iran acquiring nuclear
weapons yet has the
- conventional military capability only to wound Iran's
- Sun Tzu: Those who win every battle are not really skillful-those
who render others' armies helpless, without fighting are best of all."
- k) Israel has between 200 and 600 nukes. The US Nuclear
arsenal is the world's largest, and yet these two belligerent bully nations
(the US & Israel) are willing to provoke WWIII just to 'prevent Iran
from hypothetically having the nuclear capability within the next ten years.'
It should be noted that the US broke the nuclear non-proliferation agreements
when we gave India highly secret nuclear technology - no questions were
ever considered, much less raised.
- Pakistan is a nation that has also sold nuclear technology,
and has the bomb themselves. That country is about to lose its military
dictator, and might just join that portion of the Muslim world that is
intensely opposed to US colonialism in the Middle-East. No threats are
being made there, because they already have the bomb: and they might retaliate.
- 'The Plan' I'm commenting on is nothing more than a far-flung
Rambo-like fantasy-'rosy' to the point of pure folly. Iran sits astride
the world's shipping lanes for oil. The Straits of Hormouz are very narrow
and Iran is guarding them with the ferocity of over 200 Sunburn and Onyx
missiles that can each carry nuclear warheads - any one of which his capable
of eliminating an aircraft carrier with a single hit. According to recent
reports these missiles travel between mach 2.0 and 2.8, and are undetectable
by radar. What kind of military genius would be willing to risk the lives
of so many of their own people-for a hypothetical that is still ten years
- DP) "The attitude of the UK is uncertain, with the
Brown government and public opinion opposed psychologically to more war,
yet, were Brown to support an attack he would probably carry a vote in
Parliament. The UK is adamant that Iran must not acquire the bomb."
- k) The "word" of the United States is not taken
seriously by any nation, any longer: thanks to the massive volume of lies,
on which our current positions the world over have been based. Everybody
knows we lie about everything we say we're doing - or claim to be representing
- regardless of the theater of operations. Why should our 'official position
on Iran be any different? It isn't! The Bush administration stole its way
into power, then immediately attempted to attack and plunder their way
to global empire. What the world has now witnessed is a failed military
adventure that has lasted longer than WWII in a place about the size of
California. We have expended unbelievable amounts of treasure and the blood
of millions to accomplish this petty aim of the Decider and his backers-and
yet he has still failed to accomplish anything he said we sought. Osama
is still unaccounted for, Iraq is worse off now than it was under Saddam,
we have tried to imprison everyone that disagrees with our policies or
our methods. Along the way we've also destroyed every aspect of all that
he said we were fighting to protect.
- The constitution has been methodically shredded, human
rights, have become a joke in the face of the sanctioned torture and spying
that the government of the US not only condones-but seeks to escalate with
every passing hour. The congress that was constitutionally created to protect
the people from just such fantasies-have mostly sold their sworn oaths
of office for promises of re-election from an unregistered foreign entity-AIPAC.
And the courts have remained silent since the day that the Supreme Court
broke the law and took the case of candidate George W. Bush all the way
to stopping the vote count in Florida: and thus insuring that a false count
would give the presidency to the imposter we remain saddled with today.
- DP) "The US is not publicising the scale of these
preparations to deter Iran,
- tending to make confrontation more likely. The US retains
the option of
- avoiding war, but using its forces as part of an overall
strategy of shaping
- Iran's actions."
- "BOTTOM LINE, PERSIAN RESISTANCE WILL COLLAPSE IN
THE FACE OF OUR ONSLAUGHT. IT WILL MAKE THE STORMING OF BAGHDAD LOOK LIKE
A KID'S GAME IN COMPARISON."
- k) Far from being the terrifying declaration that Perez
was aiming for -
- when seen in light of some of the additional facts on
the ground - it appears clearly once again - that things just simply are
NOT what the Decider keeps trying to tell us that they are. . .
- Sun Tzu, in his classical treatment said many things
that tend to put these Bush-Wars into perspective. But clearly the operative
watchword in waging all "wars" has to be: "To win without
fighting is best!"
- Background notes: