- Hello Jeff - I am wondering what is really going on and
why is there a media blitz of late? What is your take on the sensationalism
in the mainstream media? MRSA, community-acquired has been around for
some time. In fact, one of the first to publicize it was Jeff Rense.
- Is there really an outbreak of MRSA? Many of the schools
that were in the news had only ONE case of MRSA. We hear of one case...and
then 23 schools in the district were disinfected.
- I may be paranoid on this but I have to ask why the media
publicity? And why now?
- If cases are 'exploding' then why? Is this being brought
in by illegals? I notice that the names of some of the victims, including
the boy whose family is suing the local hospital, are Hispanic.
- Is vaccine playing a role? Are our children simply so
immune-compromised that they cannot fight off any infections?
- Over the past 5 years the numbers of products that claim
anti-microbial and anti-bacterial benefits have risen dramatically...is
this also causing the resistance to antibiotics? Everything from laundry
detergent, to dish detergent to hand soaps, etc are 'anti-microbial/anti-bacterial.'
You and I have warned people about these products and sanitizers and the
fact that they might cause bugs to develop resistant strains.
- Is this really an "outbreak"?
- My worry is that the pharmaceutical companies may be
developing a vaccine against MRSA and this recent barrage of media stories
over a couple of cases could be setting up fear in folks to accept a vaccine
injection for their children. I note that the focus of late is on schools
and children. Maybe I am paranoid, but I have seen this type of assault
by the pharma companies before. They are in the process of doing it with
Malaria. If enough people become afraid of Malaria the companies will
have no problem selling their new vaccine.
- Oh, BTW, I see now that the feds won't recommend the
meningitis vaccine for kids ages 2 - 10. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural Economics
Univ of West Indies Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message board at:
http://www.emergingdisease.org/phpbb/index.php Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health