- I have many times told the public about the Blaylock
Wellness Report by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D., www.russellblaylockmd.com
He has excellent information and current research that can save your life.
In fact, when it comes to nutrition he has a book called "Nutrition
Secrets To Save Your Life". His newsletter is not expensive and I
highly recommend it.
- Today we have a serious problem with seizures because
we know that aspartame used by 70% of the population is a seizure triggering
drug, listed 5 times on the FDA list of 92 symptoms. Go to <http://www.mpwhi.com>www.mpwhi.com
and click on aspartame news, go to 2007 archives. Do a find on "92",
and you'll see it on FDA stationery.
- Now the manufacturer of Splenda has admitted that Splenda
is a seizure triggering drug. To make matters worse anti-seizure medication
includes aspartame such as Ketocal. Further, aspartame interacts with
anti-seizure medication. Reports continually pour in come that anti-seizure
medication is causing more seizures. MSG also can trigger seizures, another
excitotoxin, like the aspartic acid in aspartame. A good web site is www.truthinlabeling.org
Aspartame, MSG and Splenda should all be removed from the market but as
most of you know the FDA is simply Big Pharma's Washington Branch Office.
They get 50% of their funds from them, and only serve one master, betraying
the public trust. The FDA even knew for 25 years that the glutamate people
were using aspartame as the placebo when doing studies on MSG. That way
they could say the placebo reacts as much as MSG. When caught, the FDA
admitted it was wrong, but did nothing about it showing you their lack
of concern for the public.
- What to do?!! First of all, avoid all chemical sweeteners.
There is a safe sweetener called Just Like Sugar which you can get from
Whole Foods or www.justlikesugarinc.com which is made from chicory which
has been used for 70 years to improve the health of diabetics, and orange
peel, Vitamin C and Calcium. Dr. Blaylock actually asked for an analysis
to be sure it was void of excitotoxins or additives and found it to be
safe. Dr. Blaylock recommends this sweetener.
- Secondly, in two of Dr. Blaylock's Wellness Reports he
gives information to prevent seizures so I'm making this part available,
although this newsletter is only available by subscription.
- In his newsletter titled: Can Sudden Cardiac Death Be
Prevented, August, 2008, he writes:
- Newer Methods of Controlling Seizures:
- "I get a number of requests for help in controlling
seizures. Most patients continue to experience seizures despite toxic
levels of antiseizure medication. They also find they have difficulty
functioning with the side effects of the drugs, which are often significant.
As a neurosurgeon, I have treated hundreds of people for seizures using
both conventional methods and more recently, nutritional methods. I have
seen a number of cases of intractable seizures respond to dietary treatments,
and in a number of cases, no drugs were necessary.
- "I remember one case in particular in which a young
girl was soon to be married, but she began having seizures. She went to
a neurologist who wanted to put her on medications that, among other side
effects, made her very sleepy, something that would have been a nightmare
on her wedding day and honeymoon.
- "I saw her as a patient, reviewed her studies, and
suggested a few simple changes. After following my advice, her seizures
stopped. She had the wedding and honeymoon she had dreamed of, and she
never had another seizure. This is not an isolated case.
- "I have given similar recommendations to a number
of seizure patients, and they either remained free of seizures or their
seizures were significantly reduced.
- "What is the magic formula? First, modern neuroscience
has determined that seizures are caused by overactive brain glutamate receptors.
These are excitatory receptors, and they make up the most complex and
abundant type of receptors in the brain.
- "Receptors are like electrical outlets inserted
in the neuron's membrane. When the glutamate neurotransmitter is plugged
into the receptor, the cells become very active and fire their signals.
If they become highly overactive, they can trigger a seizure.
- "Most people in Western countries, especially the
US consume large amount so f these excitotoxins, such as MSG, hydrolyzed
proteins, aspartame and sodium or calcium caseinate.
- "They stimulate areas in the brain that already
have overly sensitive glutamate receptors, which are the trigger sites
for seizures. The more excitotoxins consumed, the worse the seizure becomes
and the more difficult to control." clip If you subscribe to the
Blaylock Wellness Report you are permitted to go back in the archives and
read these newsletters in their entirety.
- Ways to Control and Prevent Seizures:
- * Avoid excitotoxin-additives in foods.
- * Avoid high glycemic foods, such as refined sugars,
potatoes, white breads, etc.
- * Exercise regularly - at a moderate level - everyday.
- * Take magnesium as magnesium citrate/malate (<http://www.jigsawhealth.com>www.jigsawhealth.com)
- * Take DHA 1,000 mg a day
- * Take a mixture of antioxidants (natural vitamin E,
buffered vitamin C, B vitamins, selenium, and iodine).
- * Avoid vaccinations (especially those containing thimerosal
- * Have dental amalgams removed (<http://www.iaomt.com>www.iaomt.com)
- * Take carnosine 1,000 mg three times a day 390 minutes
- * Avoid fluoride.
- * Drink white tea (decaffeinated) two to three times
- * Eat 5 to 10 servings of vegetables a day.
- * Get eight hours of sleep a night.
- * If over 50 years old, take 3 mg to 6 mg of melatonin
30 minutes before bedtime.
- Dr. Russell Blaylock is the author of Excitotoxins: The
Taste That Kills which is about aspartame and MSG, www.russellblaylockmd.com
He also has a CD, The Truth About Aspartame, www.atavistik.com He can
be seen in the aspartame documentary, "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World",
- In another newsletter titled the Health Benefits of Vitamin
D, Dr. Blaylock gives this vital information:
- Vitamin D-3's Vital Role in Controlling Seizures
- A recent study of 285 people with epilepsy found that
almost half (44.5 percent) were clinically deficient in vitamin D, especially
the men. Some anti-seizure medications lower vitamin D-3 levels and several
studies have shown that supplementing with vitamin D-3 can reduce the number
of seizures and even increase the effectiveness of anti-seizure medications.
- One way vitamin D-3 prevents seizures is by reducing
excessive immune reactions in the brain, a central cause in all seizures.
Studies of seizure patients have shown that most have elevated levels of
brain inflammatory cytokines. Medications which are effective in reducing
seizures reduce inflammation and excitotoxicity. Vitamin D-3 has also
been shown to rid the brain of free radicals, which are also associated
with seizures. This may explain why fish oil supplements reduce seizures,
since most contain high levels of vitamin D, especially cod liver oil.
The DHA in the fish oil has other benefits as well:
- Reduces brain inflammation
- Reduces excitotoxicity (the process by which nerve cells
are killed by toxic substances)
- Helps repair injured brain cells
- Jeff, this is the affidavit from a woman who called the
Splenda manufacturer and got the confession that it causes seizures. I
thought you would want to put it up and alert people.
- Splenda Is A Seizure-Triggering Drug
- Admitted By The Manufacturer
- James Bowen, M.D. stated that if you go from aspartame
(NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful/Canderel/E951/Benevia, etc.) to Splenda you
can maintain the reactions from aspartame and pick up those from Splenda.
This is because aspartame is a chemical hypersensitization agent and triggers
polychemical sensitivity syndrome. We know that aspartame is a seizure
triggering drug mentioned 5 times on the FDA Report of 92 symptoms. We
have received continued reactions from victims using Splenda from cardiac
symptoms and other horrors to rashes. Now we know that Splenda too is
a seizure triggering drug, as well as a chlorocarbon poison. http://www.wnho.net/splenda_chlorocarbon.htm
In the case of aspartame it is actually being added to anti-seizure medication
like Ketocal and others. The FDA knows it and does nothing.
- We have an affidavit from Marianne Lamar who actually
spoke with the manufacturer who admitted that Splenda causes seizures and
migraines. This means they knew it before they put it on the market and
that its illegal like aspartame. Additives must be inert or non-reactive.
Sucralose was discovered in 1976 by scientists from Tate & Lyle, working
with researchers at Queen Elizabeth College (now part of King's College
London). It was discovered by Leslie Hough and a young Indian chemist,
Shashikant Phadnis. The duo were trying to make an insecticide.
- Marianne's husband had an aspartame brain tumor, glioblastoma.
When he found out about aspartame and quit he started using Splenda and
had a grand mal seizure. Here is the affidavit from Marianne Lamar, having
spoken to the manufacturer who admitted Splenda triggers seizures. Tom
Lamar is now deceased.
- FACT: My Beloved Husband Tom
- 1. FACT: Diabetic type 2 (for years).
- 2. FACT: Diet drink and food (aspartame laced).
- 3. FACT: GBM stage 4 brain tumor (given 5 to 6 months
- 4. FACT: Off aspartame from day of surgery (drink and
- 5. FACT: Given Splenda (after being assured by Splenda
it was safe).
- 6. FACT: Seizures followed.
- 7. FACT: Called Splenda to report.
- 8. FACT: Splenda requested medical records and confirmed
it was Splenda causing (seizures).
- 9. FACT: Neurologist told me to take him off Splenda
quick (he knew about the problem).
- 10. FACT: Taken off Splenda - seizures stopped.
- 11. FACT: Called Splenda, told YES it causes seizures
but not enough people reporting it (making
- 12. FACT: Called Splenda again, told they were aware
of seizures and migraines.
- 13. FACT: Nothing being done.
- I swear all above is true and happened to my husband
- Marianne Lamar
- 806 Board Walk Ct
- Loganville, Georgia 30052
- Signed by Dustin Boyette, Notary Public, Walton County,
- received 9/27/2008
- Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum, Founder
- Mission Possible International
- 9270 River Club Parkway
- Duluth, Georgia 30097
- 770 242-2599
- www.mpwhi.com, www.dorway.com and www.wnho.net
- Aspartame Toxicity Center, www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
- Aspartame Information List, www.mpwhi.com