- Extremely Urgent Action Alert!
- U.S. Two States Away from Constitutional Convention
- This is the most urgent, most important action alert
the American Policy Center has ever issued! The Ohio state legislature
is expected to vote today, Wednesday, Dec. 10th, to call for a Constitutional
Convention (Con Con). If Ohio calls for a Con Con only one more state need
do so and Congress will have no choice but to convene a Convention, throwing
our U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights up for grabs. Ohio's vote today
poses a grave threat to the U.S. Constitution. Please immediately call
the Ohio lawmakers listed below. ACT FAST - time is of the essence!
- I apologize! This malignancy most foul remained undetected
by our radar until a good friend brought it to our attention yesterday.
The hour is late, but WE MUST TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION!
- It does not matter where you live. Ohio's vote today
endangers everyone in every state in the Union, so we must pressure Ohio
lawmakers to discard this disastrous legislative effort.
- Thirty-two (32) other states have already called for
a Con Con (allegedly to add a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution).
34 states are all that is required, and then Congress MUST convene a Convention.
- The U.S. Constitution places no restriction on the purposes
for which the states can call for a Convention. If Ohio votes to call a
Con Con, for whatever purpose, the United States will be only one state
away from total destruction. And it's a safe bet that those who hate this
nation, and all She stands for, are waiting to pounce upon this opportunity
to re-write our Constitution. We dare slumber no longer; we must take immediate
action to preserve this nation!
- Certainly all loyal Americans want government constrained
by a balanced budget. But calling a Con Con risks a revolutionary change
in our form of government. The ultimate outcome will likely be a new constitution;
one that would possibly eliminate the Article 1 restriction to the coinage
of real money or even eliminate gun or property rights. So what may look
like a good idea to the legislators driving this effort - all Republicans
- will certainly make them prey to the law of unintended consequences -
at the very least insuring the U.S. will never have a balanced budget -
while destroying what vestiges of liberty the government still allows.
- You may have heard that some of those 32 states have
voted to rescind their calls. This is true. However, under Article V of
the Constitution, Congress must call a Constitutional Convention whenever
2/3 (or 34) of the states apply. The Constitution makes no provision for
rescission. We've been told advocates of the convention are waiting to
capture just two more states - Ohio, and one other. They can then challenge
the other states' rescissions in the courts while going ahead with the
Convention. Congress alone then decides whether state legislatures or state
conventions ratify proposed amendments.
- You may have heard the states can control the subject
of any convention. In truth no restrictive language from any state can
legally limit the scope or outcome of a Convention! Once a Convention is
called Congress determines how the delegates to the Convention are chosen.
Once chosen, those Convention delegates possess more power than the U.S.
Congress itself; if it were not so they would not be able to change the
- We have not had a Constitutional Convention since 1787.
That Convention was called to make small changes in the Articles of Confederation.
As a point of fact, several states first passed resolutions requiring their
delegates discuss amendments to the Articles ONLY, forbidding even discussion
of foundational changes. However, following the delegates' first agreement
that their meetings be in secret, their second act was to agree to debate
those state restrictions and to declare the Articles of Confederation NULL
AND VOID! They also changed the ratification process, reducing the required
states' approval from 100% to 75%. There is no reason to believe a contemporary
Con Con wouldn't further "modify" Article V restrictions to suit
- As former Chief Justice Warren Burger said in a letter
written to Phyllis Schlafly, President of Eagle Forum:
- "...there is no effective way to limit or muzzle
the actions of a Constitutional Convention. The convention could make its
own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the convention
to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the
convention would obey. After a convention is convened, it will be too late
to stop the convention if we don't like its agenda. The meeting in 1787
ignored the limit placed by the confederation Congress..." (emphasis
- We were blessed in 1787; the Con Con delegates were the
leaders of a freedom movement that had just cleansed this land of tyranny.
- Today's corrupt politicians and judges would like nothing
better than the ability to legally ignore the Constitution - to modify
its "problematic" provisions to reflect the philosophical and
socials mores of our contemporary society.
- The majority of U.S. voters just elected a dedicated
leftist as President. Republicans are at their weakest right now! This
is a horrible time to try such a crazy scheme. We cannot control the debate
right now! Don't for one second doubt that delegates to a Con Con wouldn't
revise the 1st Amendment into a government-controlled privilege, replace
the 2nd Amendment with a "collective" right to self-defense,
and abolish the 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendments, and the rest of the Bill
of Rights. Additions could include the non-existent Separation of Church
and State, the "right" to abortion and euthanasia, and much,
- Our uniquely and purely American concept of individual
rights, endowed by our Creator, would be quickly set aside as an anachronistic
relic of a bygone era; replaced by new "collective" rights, awarded
and enforced by government for the "common good".
- The problems our nation faces are not a result of deficiencies
in our Constitution; rather, they are the direct result of our disregard
for that divinely-inspired document of liberty.
- There is no challenge faced by this nation that cannot
be solved either by enforcing existing law, or in limited cases, by writing
new law. We do not need, AND MUST NOT RISK THE LIBERTY OF THE UNITED STATES
with, a Constitutional Convention!
- Ohio must not vote for a Con Con! We cannot control the
debate! And state #34 is likely sitting silently in the wings, ready to
act with lightning speed, sealing the fate of our once great nation before
we can prevent it.
- Stop the Ohio bill and we can stop the Constitutional
- ACTION TO TAKE
- We need only stop the House bill, HJR8, sponsored by
Representative Louis Blessing, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee
(there is a Senate bill too).
- 1. Call Chairman Blessing's office and tell his staff
you oppose a Constitutional Convention and you want this process stopped.
- Tell them this is the most dangerous time ever to call
for such a convention.
- Tell them no one can control the debate or outcome of
a Con Con.
- Representative Louis Blessing
- Phone: (614) 466-9091
- Fax: (614) 719-3583
- Email: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com
- 2. Call Representative Bill Batchelder. He is a very
good man. I've known him for years. But he has been misled on this issue.
The word is he is wavering. Your calls can convince him to withdraw his
support. That can kill this bill.
- Representative Bill Batchelder
- Phone: (614) 466-8140
- Fax: (614) 719-3969
- Email: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com
- 3. It is URGENT that you make your calls right now. The
bill could be voted on as early as this afternoon (Wednesday).
- I'm so sorry for this late notice. We just found out
about this last night.
- Please get this message out far and wide. This task requires
our very best effort! E-mail and call your friends, family and neighbors.
Network anywhere and everywhere possible. If you know someone who never
takes action, encourage them to break that habit this one time. Our Constitution
is under assault!
the American Policy Center website
- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST TEN MORE PEOPLE! APC is
now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help
win more battles! Simply click <http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906>here
to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It¢s fast,
it¢s easy and most of all, it¢s extremely effective in KILLING