- A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Montana , and talks
with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect your ranch
for illegally grown drugs.'
- The old rancher says, 'Okay, but do not go in that field
over there' as he points out the location.
- The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I
have the authority of the Federal Government with me!'
- Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge
and proudly displays it to the farmer. 'See this badge? This badge means
I am allowed to go wherever I wish...on any land. No questions asked or
answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'
- The old rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about
- A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams
and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased close behind by the
rancher's prize bull. With every step the bull is gaining ground on the
officer, and it seems likely that he'll get "horned" before he
reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified.
- The old rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence
and yells at the top of his lungs.....
- 'Your badge...show him your badge!'