- Want to look better and feel better? What if you could
avoid just 10 food ingredients and make a huge improvement in your health.
- Paula Owens (PaulaOwens.com) the author of "The
Power Of 4" says avoiding these 10 things will change your body dramatically.
Owens has a master's degree in holistic nutrition and a bachelors degree
- She explains what ingredients to avoid and how your body
will benefit if you avoid them.
- 1. HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (HFCS)
- HFCS is the number one source of calories for most Americans
and causes obesity.
- You'll find high-fructose corn syrup in processed food,
fast food, sodas, syrup that goes into your Latte, etc.
- HFCS is extremely toxic to your liver, increases inflammation,
causes obesity, oxidative stress and creates an aggressive insulin response.
- 2. ALL PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OILS (TRANS FATS)
- Partially hydrogenated oils are found in thousands of
processed foods (breakfast cereals, cookies, chips).
- Trans fats are proven to cause heart disease and contribute
- Restaurant food, especially from fast food chains, often
serve food loaded with trans fats.
- Consequences of a diet high in trans fats include:
- * increased inflammation
- * decreased immune function
- * decreased testosterone
- * Arthritis
- * Cancer
- * Decrease IQ learning disabilities.
American IQ has dropped 20 points in the past 20 years.
- * Diabetes
- * Elevated blood pressure
- * Free radical production
- * Heart Disease
- * Interferes with neurological & visual
development of fetus
- * Liver damage
- * Obesity
- * Osteoporosis
- * Type II diabetes
- 3. MSG
- Monosodium glutamate is a chemical that has been associated
with reproductive disorders, migraine headaches, permanent damage to the
endocrine system leading to obesity and other serious disorders. MSG
is used in many foods as a taste enhancer. It is linked to reduced fertility.
- 4. SODIUM NITRATE
- This is a preservative, coloring, and flavoring commonly
added to bacon, ham, hot dogs, luncheon meats, smoked fish and corned beef. Studies
have linked eating it to various types of cancer.
- 5. REFINED SOY
- When it comes to soy, much of what we read and hear about
comes from the people who market it.
- Before you mix up a soy shake, snack on a soy protein
bar or pour yourself a glass of soy milk consider this: unfermented, processed
soy inhibits the thyroid, is deficient in amino acids, is toxic to infants
and shrinks the brain.
- There are some redeeming qualities to soy, however these
are found primarily in fermented soy products like tempeh, miso, natto
and soybean sprouts.
- If you want to get some health benefits from soy, stick
to these four forms and pass on ALL processed soy milks, tofu, soy burgers,
soy ice cream, soy cheese and other soy junk foods that are disguised as
- 6. WHITE SUGAR
- Sugar is more addictive than cocaine! Sugar
has a profound influence on your brain function and your psychological
- When you consume excess amounts of sugar, your body releases
excess amounts of insulin, which in turn causes a drop in your blood sugar,
also known as hypoglycemia.
- In addition, sugar is pro-flammatory damages skin collagen
and promotes wrinkles, increases your appetite, depletes your body of B
vitamins, causes joint degeneration, ADHD and other behavior disorders,
stimulates cholesterol synthesis and weight gain.
- 7. SODIUM CHLORIDE
- Commercial table salt is highly processed and full of
aluminum, chemicals and additives which are toxic. Opt for a
healthier version such as Bragg's amino acids or Celtic sea salt (light
pink, grey or beige color).
- 8. ASPARTAME, SPLENDA, SWEET N LOW, EQUAL
- Aspartame is an artificial, chemical sweetener found
in many foods and beverages including desserts, gelatins, protein powder,
low calorie foods, drink mixes and sodas.
- It may cause cancer or neurological problems, such as
dizziness, migraine headaches, weight gain, increased appetite, bloating,
rashes or hallucinations.
- Aspartame poisoning mimics symptoms of MS. NutraSweet
is in over 7,000 foods!
- Side effects:
- * Increased heart disease
- * Bloating and edema
- * Brain seizures
- * Cancer
- * Cravings
- * Headaches
- * Predispose you to Parkinson's, Multiple
Sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease
- * Rashes and hives
- * Weight gain results in obesity
- 9. FOOD COLORINGS (Blue 1, 2; Red 3; Green
3; Yellow 5, 6)
- Six food colorings still on the market are linked with
cancer in animal testing.
- There is evidence that food coloring and food additives
contribute to behavioral problems in children, lead to lower IQ, hyperactivity,
ADHD, depression, hormonal dysfunction and cancer.
- Red 3, used to dye cherries, fruit cocktail, ice cream
candy and baked goods have been shown to cause thyroid tumors in rats.
- This harmful artificial color causes cancer and changes
in brain chemistry. Read the list of ingredients in your child's cough
syrup (artificial color).
- Green 3 is a potential allergen and has been linked to
bladder cancer. Green 3 is added to candy, mint jelly, cereals and beverages.
- Blue 1 and 2, found in beverages, candy, baked goods,
cereals and pet food have been linked to allergies and cancer.
- Yellow 5 is the most notable artificial color because
it causes the most immediate allergic reaction in people sensitive to salicylates
such as aspirin.
- Yellow 6 has been linked to tumors of the adrenal gland
and kidney. Yellow 6 is added to beverages, sausage, gelatin, baked goods
- Take home message Stay away from any product listing
an ingredient with a color plus a number.
- 10. PROCESSED/REFINED WHEAT AND GLUTEN
- Refined grains are devoid of nutrients, disrupt insulin
levels and are highly allergenic for many individuals.
- Wheat and gluten have adverse health affects for approximately
80 percent of the population. Gluten is a protein found combined with starch
in the endosperm of grains, notably wheat, rye and barley.
- Gluten intolerance/sensitivity is severely misdiagnosed
or under-diagnosed one estimate says that 97 percent of all sufferers
don't know they have the disease due to unfamiliarity with it among U.S.
- Signs and symptoms of gluten intolerance: The ultimate
effect of this hidden wear and tear is the slow destruction of the healthy
mucosa, or lining tissue of the small intestine causing an autoimmune response
that's similar to an allergic reaction.
- In some cases there may be symptoms in childhood such
as allergies, asthma, anemia, reoccurring infections, a constant upset
stomach or milk intolerance.
- Other symptoms are nasal and throat mucous, feeling of
food sitting in stomach, bloating, gas, diarrhea with periodic constipation,
mental fogginess and skin rashes.
- In severe cases, as with Celiac disease, there can be
seizures, psychosis, violent behavior and withdrawal from self.
- Eliminate gluten-products for 3-4 weeks and tell me how
great you feel.
- It's important to form a habit of reading the list of
ingredients on ALL products!
- More information on aspartame on <http://www.mpwhi.com/>www.mpwhi.com,
- Aspartame Toxicity Center, <http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame>www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
- MSG - <http://www.truthinlabeling.org/>www.truthinlabeling.org
- Critical Additional Information -
- For starters, all meat and dairy are killers over time.
Factory-farmed meat and dairy are so bad, it is difficult for the
'average' person to understand the dangers.
- Highly suggested sites - <http://www.notmilk.com/>www.notmilk.com,
- Jeffrey Smith's stunning work on GMO crops is extremely
important - <http://www.seedsofdeception.com/>www.seedsofdeception.com