- Ronald Reagan brought presidential deception to a whole
new level. Famous for his sound-bytes, Reagan provided adoring republicans
all they needed to know about their "say one thing and do another"
sort of president.
- It was Mr. Reagan who promised to get government
off the backs of Americans and their entrepreneurs. It was Reagan who said
that government was not the solution to our problems, it was the problem.
- "The nine most terrifying words in the English language,"
said Reagan, are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."
(Please note that's ten words, not nine, but Reagan rarely researched the
written material given him, but did practice his delivery.)
- Was it Reagan, who joked, "If it moves tax it. If
it keeps moving regulate it. And, if it stops moving, subsidize it."?
- The Great Communicator talked a good game, but did little
to improve our lives; and, he had eight years in which to do it. The Reagan
promises to inaugurate a new era of liberty and free markets, were worse
than empty promises, Reagan assaulted our liberty, our future prosperity,
and free markets with unprecedented spending, increased taxes, more governmental
regulations, bigger bureaucracies, and unwise trade policies.
- But, rabid Reaganites never noticed Mr. Reagan's disseminations;
they form their opinions from meaningless sound-bytes, rather than facts,
that could cause them some painful self-inspection.
- Government spending, during Reagan's administration,
was double that of the preceding Ford and Carter administrations. In fact,
Reagan's budget requests were only marginally smaller than what the democratic
spendthrifts in congress wanted.
- Reagan even asked for more foreign aid than Congress
was willing to spend; but, he did push through congress a $8.4 billion
increase to our enemies - the foreign, private International Monetary/Banking
Cartel's International Monetary Fund, back when a billion dollars was still
an astounding amount of money.
- Reagan tripled our Gross Federal Debt, from $900 billion
to $2.7 trillion (Pardon me while I caught my breath.). It took former
presidents 31 years to triple our debt, but Reagan did it in a mere eight
years. Inflation is a cowardly and hidden way to increase taxes on the
American people, and Reagan did plenty of that.
- Reagan promised to cut personal income and business taxes,
but the so-called Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act - the largest
tax increase in American history up to that time - was enacted in 1982.
Then Reagan proposed increased taxes on the trucking industry, which drove
up prices of food and other commodities, all prior to his increase of $165
billion on Social Security taxes.
- Then in 1986 came Reagan's deceptive Tax Reform Act,
(TRA) which shifted $120 billion from personal income taxes to taxes on
small businesses, the fountainhead of what was once our middle-class affluence.
The Reagan administration loudly promoted the lower tax rates of TRA, but
said little about the increased taxes to our most valuable economic segment;
nor was much made of how TRA repealed or reduced many tax deductions on
all tax returns.
- The government that Reagan claimed he wanted to get off
the backs of the American people never came to pass, and Mr. Reagan made
sure of it by initiating what would later become the greatest world-wide
economic crash in recorded history, with his de-regulation of banks.
- America is and was badly in need of government de-regulation
of government, but not of the private banking cabal. Mr. Reagan de-regulated
at exactly the worse place possible. It could even be said that Reagan
is the "Father of the World's Greatest Depression."
- It was, also, Reagan who appointed the little reptile
- Alan Greenspan - as chairman of the Federal Reserve System, the gremlin,
who along with Bill Clinton, carried Reagan's banking de-regulation policies
to the ultimate crime against humanity.
- And Reagan's trade policies? All protectionism, which
drives up the price of imported consumer goods; but, that is all too boring
to go further into.
- I will say Reagan's lies sounded better and were more
convincing than Obama's empty promises; but then again, Reagan was a far
better actor than Obama is. But politically? There's little difference
between what Obama is and what Ronald Reagan was.
- The great Reagan legacy? What a crock of crap!
- Until our republican voters wake up and stop supporting
democratic politicians, who call themselves republicans - and until democratic
voters come back to the real world of reality, and stop supporting fascists,
who call themselves democrats, our lives, in our once great country, will
continue to deteriorate.
- One, two, three - Wake Up America!
- J. Speer-Williams