- ASMARA, Eritrea -- The "richest
man in the world," Microsoft's Bill Gates, recently announced that
he was making a $10 billion donation towards finding vaccines to prevent
some of the world's worst diseases.
- Malaria is the number one killer in Africa. From what
I'm hearing about $1 billion of Bill Gates donation/tax write-off is for
research to find a vaccine to prevent malaria.
- The African country of Eritrea, where I live, has reduced
malaria mortality by 85 percent in the last seven years. How? By using
basic public health methods. By distributing pesticide treated mosquito
nets and organizing the pesticide retreatment every three months of mosquito
nets. By habitat eradication. And by community medical clinics for immediate
- Malaria is a parasite-based disease noted for its variety
and quick development of resistance to medication. Any "vaccine,"
if even a billion dollars is able to produce such, would have a limited
lifetime and new, patented medications would have to be bought by Africa's
poor every few years.
- So "donating" a billion dollars to develop
a malaria "vaccine" could turn into tens of billions of dollars
in drug sales in Africa alone, and Bill Gates, through his drug company
investments, will quietly pocket more African blood money.
- All the while a very successful malaria mortality reduction
program is operating, effectively, safely and affordably, in Eritrea.
- Why isn't this being publicized internationally? Could
it be that such a program is not going to put billions into the pockets
of the drug lords of Western finance?
- Bill Gates and other assorted financial terrorists through
their control of the Western media and "aid" organizations are
suppressing implementation of a successful malaria mortality program while
investing in a malaria drug addiction for Africa's people.
- These financial terrorists are perfectly willing to see
millions die in Africa while they search for their next highly profitable
"wonder drug" to cure malaria, all the while deliberately ignoring,
worse, engineering a white out/cover up of what could prevent millions
of deaths, let alone uncounted suffering.
- And HIV/AIDS, Africa's N0.2 killer? Bill Gates is said
to be providing over a billion dollars for research into developing an
AIDS vaccine. AIDS, a virus based disease, has already shown to have varieties
and to have developed resistance to the medications developed to treat
it. Like the flu vaccine, a new AIDS vaccine would most likely have to
be developed every few years to combat the latest strain of the AIDS virus;
another gold mine of new, patented medications for sale to Africa's sick.
- Eritrea has reduced HIV/AIDS infection rates by 40 percent,
according to Physicians for Peace, and is the only country in Africa to
reduce HIV/AIDS. How? By using public health education promoting condom
use everywhere in the country. Over a billion for a "vaccine"
that may never work while an effective program that can reduce HIV/AIDS
infection by 40 percent, safely and affordably can be immediately implemented?
- Remember, Western billionaires didn't get that way by
being out to really help anyone. Millions die in Africa as the Western
drug lords and their financial terrorist stockholders reap their billions
in blood money. All the while real heroes in the Eritrean public health
service struggle to save people's lives.
- So don't believe that Bill Gates is up to any good when
he donates $10 billion to vaccine research, just the opposite. And don't
forget that as far at the USA is concerned in Africa, no good deed goes
unpunished, and, once again, Eritrea is subject to UN Security Council
- Stay tuned to Online Journal for more news from Africa's
Horn that the so called free press in the west refuses to cover.
- Thomas C. Mountain was, in a former life, an educator,
activist and alternative medicine practitioner in the USA.
- Email thomascmountain at yahoo.com.