- While the world sends food, water, tents, toilets and
doctors to Haiti, most American citizens don't realize that island's plight
dives deeper than a few earthquakes.
- Haiti symbolizes dozens of the world's countries that
live on the edge of catastrophe. It won't take an earthquake to trigger
their equation into chaos. They live on the edge daily. For example,
nearly one million people in India, out of 1.16 billion, squat out in the
open for their morning constitutionals. They create such contamination
of their water supplies that 1,000 Indian children die of diarrhea, dysentery
and other water born diseases DAILY. Nonetheless, India adds 12 million
people annually, net gain, on their way to 1.55 billion in 40 years. (Source:
- Over 18 million people starve to death annually around
the globe, while, at the same time, humans add another 77 million annually-as
if no one notices. Think again! Mother Nature notices and she's taking
action with greater harshness.
- In Haiti, a spit of land on the ocean, the Haitians,
led by the Pope and the Catholic Church, managed to grow their numbers
to nine million. They expect to hit 12 million within two decades. They
use little birth control. They cut 98 percent of their forests. They
drain raw sewage into the oceans. They suffer 80 to 90 percent illiteracy.
Yet, the Catholic Church mandates as many children as possible.
- Lawrence E. Harrison wrote a profound book, Underdevelopment
is a State of Mind, exposing the Catholic Church's activities around the
world. Wherever the church dominates, unending babies, poverty and illiteracy
follow. Haiti illustrates that paradigm. Islam also follows the same mandate.
- I interviewed world traveler and Washington DC writer
Don Collins and got his take on Haiti's disaster. "What do you think
is happening in Haiti and around the world?" I asked.
- Collins said, "When asked about the level of violent
disruption now going on in Haiti, one military man on NBC's Tuesday, January
19, 2010 Today Show said, "Well, it's now at a lower level
than before the quake." Today's Matt Lauer then reported
that the estimated death toll could reach 200,000. Then another 6.1 quake
early Wednesday, January 20th. A hard way to reduce violence, eh?"
- "Haiti, long a nearly-failed state, will likely
fall even lower toward that unenviable condition. Lots of other countries
around the world are in the same pickle. Is Yemen one? Is Afghanistan
one? Is North Korea one? Will Pakistan become one? Take your pick!
- "Sans earthquakes, many countries around the world
are moving toward disasters based on the huge growth of their populations
and the mindlessness of their leaders. They either ignore the urgent need
for more family planning, or are even pro-natalist leaders, like some my
wife and I met on our trip to Africa this past year, wanting more people
so their "sort" can be equal in numbers to other "sorts"!
- "Traveling around the world for over 40 years, I
have personally seen this rumbling tsunami tidal wave of humans rising
against resource limitations. It gets worse daily.
- "This grisly Haitian situation epitomizes the kind
of future that many, including me, have been predicting for years-unless
we empower women and give them the means to regulate their fertility. (
- "Fifty-three Haitian youngsters are being given
new families in (http://www.vdare.com/collins/090925_pittsburgh.htm)
Pittsburgh, PA. Bet you that they will never again see Haiti!
- "A friend emailed me on January 19th: "I just
saw that the Red Cross has air lifted 2,000 Haitians into Orlando and is
planning to bring (http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2010/01/17/catholic-church
- -joins-import-haitians-aid-scam/) 45,000 more to
Florida with Obama's support."
- HAITI DOOMED ITSELF LONG BEFORE HURRICANES AND EARTHQUAKES
- "And as (http://www.vdare.com/sailer/index.htm)
Steve Sailer so eloquently suggested in his superb January 17
(http://www.vdare.com/index.asp) VDARE.com piece, (http://www.vdare.com/sailer/100117_haiti.htm)
Why Haiti Is So Hopeless; And A Very Modest Proposal. He ends his
perceptive piece by saying,
- "But today, it's hard to find much on Google about
Haiti and contraceptives. According to a 2001 World Health Organization
report: "Among sexually active women, 13% used a modern method of
contraception and 4% relied on traditional methods".
- "And the other 83 percent?"
- "It appears that Haitian women now wisely want to
reduce the number of children they have-Haiti's total fertility rate is
said to be down to 3.8 babies per lifetime, the same as Saudi Arabia's.
But Haitians need to bring their fertility down to European below-replacement
rates for a couple of generations to allow the land to recover-and the
people, hopefully, improve their "human capital."
- "Let's make long lasting Depo Provera contraceptive
injections free to Haitian women. "Anyone got any better ideas?"
- Mr. Sailer, you are really on the right track!
- "Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burned!"
said Collins. "Our own leaders have been building up our killing machines
for the profit of today's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_
- Barbara_%28play%29#Character_Inspirations) Andrew Undershafts
(Major Barbara's father in GBS's 1905 (http://drama.eserver.org/plays/modern/major-barbara/index_html)
immortal play, who made a huge fortune from selling munitions), while
missing the true Trojan Horse of massive immigration into the West.
- "The unmet birth control needs of most of the world's
women in poor, underdeveloped countries has directly led to the massive
migration of persons whose countries can no longer support them. Ah,
(http://vdare.com/walker/mexico_the_rich.htm) Mexico, you are but one of
- "As for Depo Provera, which is being distributed
by (http://www.psi.org/) Population Services International (PSI)
in Haiti, it is an effective method of birth control. But it only lasts
for three months and must be renewed by injection at that point. In a place
where medical services are scarce, more permanent long-term methods are
- "My colleagues and I have been working to gain approval
for one such long-term method for many years. It is called (http://isafonline.org/reasons.php)
QS: An Inexpensive, Easily Administered Contraceptive Option for Women. It
has yet to be approved by FDA, but certainly would be useful.
- "QS (the quinacrine method of non-surgical permanent
contraception for women) is one family planning option currently under
study that shows great potential. It offers the advantages of being discreet,
easily administered and inexpensive, and can it be used in many settings
by healthcare providers capable of performing IUD insertions.
- "The amount of money now spent worldwide on reproductive
services and maternal and child health is a joke-under $1 billion, compared
to what we is spent on armaments. Our Congress just passed a $626 billion
annual defense budget.
- "Another great need is for emergency contraceptives
(EC) which FDA has already determined are safe, effective and yet which
were, when I last looked, prohibited at Wal-Mart Pharmacies. EC, like other
contraceptives, prevents pregnancy.
- "Unlike other contraceptives, EC only works within
72-hours AFTER sexual intercourse-after a condom breaks, or a birth control
pill is forgotten. About half of all unintended pregnancies occur because
of some type of contraceptive failure. It could happen to anyone who is
sexually active. In 2000, there were an estimated three million unintended
pregnancies and 800,000 abortions in the United States. And we are a developed
country, not (yet) a failed state.
- "Sort of makes the UN Population Fund's hope seem
dim: "All couples and individuals have the right to decide freely
and responsibly the number and spacing of their children and to have access
to the information and means to do so."
- "With the (http://www.vdare.com/washington_watcher/100120_brown.htm)
election of Scott Brown on Tuesday, (http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/090731_amnesty.htm)
Obamacare is at serious if not terminal risk. But if passed it will
surely not include paying for contraceptive services for women.
- "Our immigration invasion, alarmingly ignored by
our own leaders as they grapple ineffectively with our comparatively minor
problems, stands only to worsen."
- Look for "Haiti-The Ultimate Symbol Of Planet Earth's
Headlong Plunge To Disaster" By (http://www.vdare.com/collins/index.htm)
Donald A. Collins at Vdare.com
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents
from the Arctic to the South Pole as well as six times across
the USA, coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from
the Arctic Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming
Population Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic
clubs, church groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring
about sensible world population balance at www.frostywooldridge.com
He is the author of: America on the Brink: The Next Added 100
Million Americans. Copies available:
- 1 888 280 7715