- By injecting over a million gallons of their deadly,
neuro-toxic Corexit into our Gulf waters, British Petroleum (BP) executives
and US government regulators bushwhacked marine, plant, animal, and human
life. (Ref: The official website of the Deepwater Horizon Unified Command)
- Instead of vacuuming up the floating Gulf oil with the
super tankers at BP's disposal, then using safe oil dispersants, with bacteria
to bio-degrade the remaining oil, BP executives, with US government approval,
dumped over a million gallons of the neuro-toxic pesticide Corexit at the
damaged well head (256,000 gallons) and on the surface waters above (765,000
- Immediately, this release of so much Corexit resulted
in two irreversible catastrophes: It caused all floating oil to submerge
and disperse into gigantic plumes, each about ten times more poisonous
than crude oil without the Corexit neuro-toxin.
- According to Pulitzer-prize winning science writer Professor
Deborah Blum, Corexit, itself is about four times more toxic than crude
oil, but when Corexit is mixed with crude oil the mixture's toxicity grows
exponentially to about ten times the toxicity of crude oil alone.
- As these monstrously large and lethal plumes can now
never be cleaned up, we are left to contend with the Corexit/crude oil
mixture as it comes ashore and its poisons carry across our lands.
- Having already added huge dead zones to the Gulf of Mexico,
these ghastly Corexit and oil plumes will continue making their way into
the Atlantic Ocean for even more killing. This Corexit and Louisiana crude
oil monstrosity, however, will not contain its ecocide to oceans, its
murder of our environments will surely continue many miles inland.
- This wickedly contrived Corexit/Louisiana crude oil concoction
will move into our atmosphere and travel across North America, eventually
falling as precipitations of death in rain and snow, perhaps killing everything
it touches for years to come.
- And while BP executives and US regulators can plead "unintended
consequences" for their Gulf well explosion, and maybe for a tsunami
from a volcanic eruption, they are all manifestly guilty of poisoning the
Gulf and Atlantic Oceans and killing untold amounts of life.
- Those who are addicted to the propaganda of the major
corporate media, might think Corexit was used merely to hide the extent
of the escaping oil, in order to reduce BP's ultimate financial liability.
- But if that were true BP could have used anyone one of
a dozen dispersants that would have better hidden the oil. Instead, BP
chose the most lethal dispersants in existence, Corexit 9500 and 9527.
- Where are the indictments for international crimes against
humanity and our environment?
- But then again, criminals in governments do not indict
corporate criminals, outside of carefully planned set-ups and double crosses;
public and private criminals are known to consort with each other, at the
expense of the rest of us.
- But in the bigger picture there is a war being waged
- by the owners of governments and mega-corporations - for far more than
money, natural resources, drugs, power, or sex; it's a war for our eternal
souls, which has long been conducted by systematically killing Mother Earth
and the life she sustains.
- Earthlings are in the thrall of dark diabolic forces,
who have direct control of all central banks, multi- national corporations,
and national governments.
- But by invoking divine grace, we the people can counter
the dark with love, light, and prayer; thus returning to our world more
balance. The darkly inclined are powerless against the love and light of
- Louisiana state senators have designed a day of prayer
to deal with the Gulf catastrophes and have urged other state leaders to
do the same.
- "Thus far efforts made by morals to try to solve
the crises has been to no avail," state Sen. Robert Adley said in
a statement released after the chamber's unanimous vote for the day of
prayer. "It's clearly time for a miracle for us."
- J. Speer-Williams