- Our petulant president's ego can't handle a general letting
off steam. Neither can any of the spoiled children who comprise "our"
government in DC, the capital of the "superpower."
- Generals have to fight wars that civilians start, either
from the incompetence of their diplomacy or the arrogance of their hubris.
Generals have to get young troops killed because of the stupidity or ambition
or corruption of civilian government officials.
- All McChrystal did was to let off steam. A real president
would have realized that and let it go.
- Don't get me wrong. McChrystal is a militarist, and I
am pleased to see him gone.
- However, McChrystal didn't restart America's aggression
against Afghanistan. The Obama moron did.
- People elected Obama, because they were tired of Bush's
wars based on lies. So Obama gave us a new war in Pakistan and reignited
the Afghan war. No one knows what these wars are about or why the bankrupt
US government is wasting vast sums of money, which it has to borrow from
foreigners, in order to murder the citizenry in two countries that have
never done anything to us.
- Just as Bush/Cheney and their criminal neocon government
deceived the world that Saddam Hussein had "weapons of mass destruction"
that threatened white people everywhere, Obama has conflated the Taliban
with al Qaeda. Obama has sold the tale to white countries that unless the
US determines how Afghanistan is ruled and by whom, white people are in
danger of being exterminated by al Qaeda Taliban terrorists.
- The most telling aspect of the McChrystal-Obama contretemps
is that it has caused no one in the US government, or media, to ask why
the US is still killing women and children in Afghanistan after 9 years.
The US government is prepared for everyone except itself to be tried at
the War Crimes Tribunal.
- Fred Branfman writing in AlterNet on June 22 reminds
us that five million Iraqis were killed, maimed, tortured and displaced
by an American invasion based on lies told by the highest officials in
the American government. Yet, no one has been held accountable.
- But Gen. McChrystal is held accountable for letting off
- Once the Roman senate, the legislative branch, collapsed,
the caesars, the executive branch, became the captives of the military.
Now with Gen. Petraeus once again moved to the fore as McChrystal's replacement
in Afghanistan, we have the Obama moron elevating Petraeus to the Republican
presidential nomination in the next election. Thus
- has Obama replaced himself with a man who will unify
the military and executive branch.
- Associated Press writers Jennifer Loven and Anne Gearan
write (June 23) about the "admired and tightly disciplined Gen. David
Petraeus," the "architect of the Iraq war turnaround," who
is "once again to take hands-on leadership of a troubled war effort."
- Petraeus is an evolved form of general. He "won"
in Iraq by paying protection money to the Sunnis who were effectively resisting
the US occupation. Petraeus figured out that it was far cheaper and more
efficient to put the Sunnis on the US military payroll and to pay them
to stop fighting, which is how the war between the Sunnis and the Americans
ended. To keep the Americans out of the ongoing large scale sectarian violence
that continues to slaughter Iraqis, the US military was confined to remote
- If history is a guide, the Afghans will also accept Petraeus'
protection money, and Petraeus has just enough time to buy the Afghan war
before the next presidential election.
- The Afghans will, of course, take the money and wait
us out, just as the Iraqis are doing.
- All of this drama is playing out despite the continuing
lack of any valid reason for the American invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Washington idiots, trying to dictate how Iraq and Afghanistan are governed,
are destroying constitutional government in the United States. In our hubris
to determine how Iraq and Afghanistan are ruled, we are losing our own