- John Wayne said, "Life is tough; it's tougher if
- An incomprehensible 42 million Americans cannot read,
write or perform simple math. Another 50 million Americans cannot read
past the 4th grade level. (Source: National Right to Read Foundation)
- The Foundation reported, "According to current estimates,
the number of functionally illiterate adults is increasing by approximately
two and one quarter million persons each year. This number includes nearly
1 million young people who drop out of school before graduation, 400,000
legal immigrants, 100,000 refugees, and 800,000 illegal immigrants, and
20 percent of all high school graduates. Eighty-four percent of the 23,000
people who took an exam for entry-level jobs at New York Telephone in 1988,
- NBC anchor Brian Williams reported that 1.2 million teens
hit America's streets every June unable to read or write. Detroit, Michigan
epitomizes this country's educational dilemma: 76 percent dropout/flunkout
rate. Dozens of cities across the country suffer 50 to 60 percent dropout
- CNN reported on August 30, 2010, "7,000 American
high school students drop out every day; one every 26 seconds."
- Everywhere in America, we enjoy food-filled grocery stores,
roads, homes and schools. In America, most cities function and the majority
of people enjoy happy lives-or at least the opportunity to enjoy fulfilling
- Do you ever wonder why countries like Morocco, Pakistan,
Mexico, Sudan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Congo-all third world countries-suffer
human misery and failures on enormous scales? Why do 18 million third
world citizens starve to death annually? (Source: World Health Organization)
Why does India allow 1,000 children under 10 to die of dysentery, diarrhea
and other water-borne diseases DAILY? (Source: www.populationmedia.org)
Why have 12 million Mexicans illegally ventured northward into the United
States and Canada seeking a better life? Why does Asia feature a $7 billion
annual people-smuggling trade to Western countries? (Source: Forbes Magazine)
- The one word that defines third world countries: mass
- America faces a predicament more profound than anything
ever in the 234 year history of this republic. A republic demands an educated
populace. Without an educated citizenry, America cannot expect to remain
a viable "people-driven" republic. Why? With continued mass
illiteracy, a permanent underclass will become intractable. Ben Franklin,
Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison and George Washington understood
the need for education. The 'common man' makes a republic possible according
to Thomas Jefferson. Without an 'educated' common man, our MOST extraordinary
self-governing U.S. Constitution, only 234 years old, cannot and will not
function much longer.
- One reader said, "Huge government and government
entitlement programs is a fundamental problem that affects everything.
And, to top it off, the taxpayer base is now closing in on a tipping point
where more people do not pay income tax as compared to how many do pay."
- As a teacher for 20 years, I watched our country move
from affirmative-action grading in our schools in the 1970s to affirmative-action
high school diplomas. Once students discovered they could get something
for nothing, they milked the system via affirmative-action jobs. Lyndon
B. Johnson's "Great Society"
- allowed anyone that could muster little to no effort-could
enjoy maximum financial reward-as long as someone else covered by working
twice as much.
- Today, this country's inner cities thrive on food stamps
for 41.1 million recipients, assisted housing, free breakfasts and lunches
for 'at risk' children. Over half of all children suffer no father and
an illiterate mother.
- Back on the world stage, illiterate and destitute mothers
birth an added 77 million new babies annually. They birth SO many children,
no third world country can manage to educate those children. Thus, mass
illiteracy begets mass human population growth that feeds into more human
misery on scales heretofore unknown to humanity.
- As the CNN report illustrated, only one to two percent
of Blacks and Hispanics make up the teaching ranks in America. Without
any role models, American minority youth drop out at 7,000 young boys and
girls every day.
- Can America withstand this accelerating illiteracy epidemic?
Can it survive the multiplication of ghettoes, unwed mothers, welfare,
crime and drug addiction? At what point does the fabric of America shred
into the hopelessness of the third world. For answers: visit LA, Chicago,
Detroit, Denver, Houston and any other large city where gangs, graffiti,
crime and drugs dominate.
- With a new permanent, illiterate sub-class in America
that grows too fast to solve, at some point, we will not be able to save
ourselves from unraveling as a civilization.
- If any of us, no matter what our race, creed or color
might be, refuse to engage our U.S. Congress as we have not for 30 years
as to the population/immigration equation-our children will find themselves
living in a terribly degraded America where the American Dream will be
described by the history books as a 'fleeting fantasy' from the era of
1950 to 2010.
- These are several of the top organizations where you
can take collective action to change the course of American history as
well as in Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Take collective action
- This is the best website to start: www.numbersusa.com
; watch Roy Beck's "Immigration by the Numbers" at 14 minutes.
Bi-partisan and very effective. Become a faxer of pre-written letters to
your reps to make positive change.
- Also: www.fairus.org ; www.capsweb.org ; www.thesocialcontract.com
; www.populationmedia.org ; www.worldpopulationbalance.org ; www.populationconnection.org
; www.quinacrine.com ; www.familyplanning.org/ , www.skil.org ; www.growthbusters.com;
www.populationpress.org ; www.thinkpopulation.org ; www.carryingcapacity.org
; www.balance.org ; www.controlgrowth.org ; in Canada www.immigrationwatchcanada.org
; in Australia www.population.org.au andPublicPopForum@yahoogroups.com;
in Great Britain www.optimumpopulation.org ; and dozens of other sites
accessed at www.frostywooldridge.com.
- Must see DVD: "Blind Spot" www.snagfilms.com/films/title/blind_spot/
, This movie illustrates America's future without oil, water and other
resources to keep this civilization functioning. It's a brilliant educational
- Must see: Rapid Population Decline, seven minute video
by Dr. Jack Alpert-
- Must see and funny: www.growthbusters.org ; www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXSTrW_dARc
- Dave Gardner's Polar Bear in Bedroom: growthbusters.org/2010/03/save-the-polar-bear-in-your-bedroom
; Dave Gardner, President, Citizen-Powered Media ; Producing the Documentary,
GROWTH BUSTERS; presents Hooked on Growth: Our Misguided Quest for Prosperity,
Join the cause at www.growthbusters.org ;760 Wycliffe Drive, Colorado Springs,
CO 80906 USA; +1 719-576-5565
- Check out this link with Wooldridge on bicycle and Lester
Brown and panel discussion:
- Tomorrow's Americaproject on www.youtube.com/contemporarylearning.
- Producer: GEORGE A. COLBURNwww.tomorrowsamerica.com
- DC: 202-258-4887
- Email: email@example.com
- Link to www.tomorrowsamerica.com for more discussions
on America's predicament.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents
- from the Arctic to the South Pole - as well as six times across the USA,
coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from the Arctic
Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming Population
Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic clubs, church
groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring about sensible world
population balance at www.frostywooldridge.com He is the author of: America
on the Brink: The Next Added 100 Million Americans. Copies available: 1
888 280 7715