- For the past twenty years, I have avoided the Jerry Springer
Show. It's the butt of many jokes. He's the charlatan of showmanship.
He features losers, abusers, weepers and creepy people. I have been told
that if all his guests' minds were collected at one time, they wouldn't
equal the IQ of a patch of dandelions.
- Acquaintances told me that Springer features every kind
of indecent, pathetic and aberrant behavior known to human society. He
pits really mentally challenged people against one another. He shames
them. His audiences equal his guests in extremely improvident behavior.
The Maury Povich Show equals Springer's carnival show with its own brand
of inane behavior.
- Even worse, guests are too anthropologically debased
to be ashamed of their own behaviors. Let the show go on"Jerry, Jerry,
Jerry." Unfortunately, millions of Americans watch those shows every
weekday of the year.
- After having escaped two decades from the clutches of
Springer's maniacal TV show, somebody turned it on at the gym where I work
out and pedal a stationary bicycle. Last week, I received a mainline injection
into my brain stem of the most debauched, depraved and morally bankrupted
30 minutes of my life.
- Springer's guests showed their intellectual brain power
somewhere between the Cro-Magnon Man and a T-Rex. In the absolutely insane
episode I witnessed, a horribly obese white woman missing three front teeth
charged that a skinny as a rail African-American man had fathered four
of her kids, but wouldn't pay child support. "Why did you have four
kids with him?" asked Springer. "I loved him and I still do,"
she said, weeping uncontrollably. To make it even more incredibly ludicrous
the father had an affair with the woman's mother. Springer had ordered
a paternity test on the forthcoming child to determine the identity of
the father. The crowd sounded like a thousand hungry Romans at a gladiator
game in the Coliseum.
- "Throw them to the lions," I screamed in a
moment of losing my intellectual, emotional and social balance. "Let
them suffer in hellfire and condemnation!"
- As I sat there, a former math-science teacher, I couldn't
help wondering what has become of our society. If you watch Judge Judy,
Judge Joe Brown, Judge Grace and a few of the other judges on daytime TV,
you see a parade of nit-wits, morons, scoundrels and idiots that stretches
for years into the future.
- What is our civilization moving toward?
- Ben Franklin and the Founding Fathers understood that
educating the common man was the only method for successfully operating
a Constitutional Republic. This society needs critical thinkers, intelligent
workers and productive participants in order to successfully render health,
life and the pursuit of happiness.
- Disturbing fact: 42 million Americans suffer functional
illiteracy according to the National Right to Read Foundation. They cannot
read, write or perform simple math. Another 50 million Americans cannot
read past the 4th grade level.
- Illiteracy Statistics
- The number of adults that are classified as functionally
illiterate increases by about 2.25 million each year.
- 20 percent of high school seniors can be classified as
being functionally illiterate at the time they graduate.
- Source: National Right to Read Foundation
- Where Illiteracy Leads
- 70 percent of prisoners in state and federal systems
can be classified as illiterate. [2.3 million Americans languish in jails]
- 85 percent of all juvenile offenders rate as functionally
or marginally illiterate.
- 43 percent of those whose literacy skills are lowest
live in poverty.
- 7,000 teens drop out of American high schools every day;
one every 26 seconds
- NBC anchor Brian Williams reported that 1.2 million teens
hit America's streets every June unable to read or write. Detroit, Michigan
epitomizes this country's educational dilemma: 76 percent dropout/flunkout
rate. Dozens of cities across the country suffer 50 to 60 percent dropout
- CNN reported on August 30, 2010, "7,000 American
high school students drop out every day; one every 26 seconds."
- Another 43 million Americans subsist on food stamps!
I cannot emotionally or intellectually get my arms around 43 million Americans
sucking off the public taxpayer rolls. We're talking about 42 million
illiterates and 50 million nearly illiterates that almost cover one-third
of the American population of 312 million.
- What's more, they are multiplying faster than the rest
of us that earned a high school diploma and graduated from college.
- A recent piece by Dottie Lamm in the Denver Post showed
that 68 percent of African-American children grow up with a single parent
usually the mother. The question grows: how do we educate a burgeoning
population of intellectually bankrupt Americans that cannot provide for
themselves? The story showed 50 percent single mothers for Hispanics and
34 percent for Whites.
- What do you want to bet they all watch Jerry Springer,
Maury Povich and Judge Judy?
- Additionally, we inject into our country another 3.1
million poverty stricken people from Somalia, Ethiopia, Mexico, Congo,
Bangladesh, Sudan and other similar places year in and year out? How many
rocket scientists do you think we obtain from that group?
- At what point do we expect to educate our 92 million
that lack any ability to function intelligently? If you have ever watched
Springer, you know he presents the audience with a soliloquy at the end
of the show that admonishes his listeners to, "Take care of your neighbors,
be kind to pets and show that you really care about your fellow human being.
We are all part of a great and glorious plan to bring about goodness in
the world." Yeah, right Jerry!
- My prognostication? If we continue on this current path,
we will develop a culturally entrenched subclass that will become intractable.
It will out-birth educated citizens and overwhelm our welfare systems
beyond feasibility. It will grow beyond solving and siphon this civilization
down the toilet. With 42 million subsisting on food stamps today, we're
- BTW, that's the last Jerry Springer I will ever watch.
I may have lost a dozen IQ points via visual osmosis. I've never seen so
many dumb people assembled in one place in my life!