Japan Regulators Ignore 'Cascading
| The pair of killer quakes that pummeled the Kumamoto region
in mid-April occurred along the Japan’s longest fault line, called the
Main Tectonic Line (MTL, chuo kozo sen), a horizontal-moving “strike-slip”
similar to California’s San Andreas Fault.
It, therefore, seems odd that one of Japan’s leading geophysicists would say to the news media: "I don't quite understand what is happening with the recent earthquakes, because it's an unfamiliar phenomenon." His speechlessness was in regard to the flurry of smaller seismic events breaking out along a northward axis into adjoining Oita Prefecture.
The official science establishment, fearful of losing grants from the pro-nuclear regime of Shinzo Abe, dares not quote or cite the most credible research done on the Median Tectonic Line. The rare exception is a local research team based in Shikoku, Japan’s fourth-sized island, which conducted field studies affirming the MTL’s propensity to unleash a “cascade” of quakes. The team, led by geophysicist Michiharu Ikeda, also did a historical analysis of the “progressive failure” of Median Line in 1596, in the imperial reign of Keichu, which witnessed the spawning of a seismic storm that started in Shikoku and progressed under the Naruto Channel into Kobe and onward to the old capital Kyoto, an astonishing distance of some 300 kilometers.
The Shikoku research team presented an English-language version of a paper on the Keichu cascade quake to the American Geophysicists Union (AGU) convention at the San Francisco Moscone Center in mid-December 2015. The research findings were so compelling that even a scientist with the Shikoku Electric Company signed aboard as an author.
Thus, the scientific community, including in Japan, got fair warning four months ahead of the Kumamoto double earthquake, and did absolutely nothing to prepare the Japanese people for the April 16 seismic swarm.
Reactors on the Fault
The Median Tectonic Line is a blind spot for major universities and scientific institutions in Japan for one outstanding reason: There are 18 nuclear reactors, including highly dangerous MOX fuel units, located along or near its 1000-plus kilometer length. These include:
- Sendai-Satsuma with twin Mitsubishi pressured-water reactors, 160 km to the southeast of Kumamoto, on the same island of Kyushu, which were allowed to operate despite the closure of highways and rail lines due to the quakes and associated threat of a volcanic eruption by Mount Aso. Those Sendai reactors are at high risk being located near the base of Kaimon-dake crater, which is on the Volcanic Line, which stretches across islands in the East China Sea to Mount Aso, the monster volcano near the recent Kumamoto killer quakes.
- Ikata nuclear plant with three reactors in Ehime on the nearby island of Shikoku, where the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) approved resumption of operations at the Westinghouse-Mitsubishi No.3 Reactor, which burns mixed-oxide fuel (MOX) containing plutonium. Ikata is well within reach of the Kumamoto seismic cascade, being only 200 kilometers across the Bungo Channel from Kyushu’s Aso region.
- Hamaoka nuclear plant with five reactors at the juncture of the MTL and the Nankai Trough under Suruga Bay, which is overdue for a major quake and tsunami, and also situated at the foot of the southern slope of Mount Fuji, which is showing signs of a coming eruption. Hamaoka lies exposed on the tip of a peninsula along the northward route of annual typhoons heading toward the Tokyo-Yokohama megalopolis. Despite the tectonic risk of being at its site on the juncture of the Philippine and Pacific plates with the Eurasian plate, the Chubu Electric Company is applying for reactor restarts and refuses to extract the fuel rods as demanded by the governor’s office of Shizuoka Prefecture.
- Tokaimura-2, a leakage-plagued 38-year-old reactor, in Ibaraki Prefecture, which leaked radiation onto Tokyo in a terrorist incident in 1996, is located in a low-lying “rain-cloud channel” from the radioactive Oyashio Current off the Pacific Coast into Tokyo, site of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. The combined radioactivity from Tokaimura and Fukushima has seriously contaminated the Arakawa and Edo Rivers that feed into Tokyo Bay.
- Joyo M-3 experimental reactor in Oarai, Ibaraki, which produces weapons-grade plutonium from MOX fuel, sits on the shoreline site of the fatal beaching of dozens of melon-head whales in early spring 2015.
- Fukushima No.2 with four large reactors, and Fukushima No.1, where rectors 5 and 6 remained loaded with fuel rods. Hit repeatedly by hundreds of quakes since 311, there reactor structures are ready to collapse.
With so many reactors atop a most threatening fault-line, is it any wonder that official science falters at mere mention of the MTL?
Linked to the Ring of Fire
A yet-to-be studied aspect of the Medium Line is its undersea course, starting at Ibaraki at its northern edge and off Kyushu in the south. During the Kumamoto quakes, higher Richter levels were recorded in Fukushima Province (Richter 4) and in Taiwan (Richter 4.7) than in nearby parts of Kyushu close to the two epicenters. These readings indicate that the Medium Tectonic Line is definitely interconnected with a network of fault-lines crisscrossing the subduction zone of the Pacific Plate, epicenter of the 311 earthquake that destroyed Fukushima No.1.
The seismic readings in Taiwan toward the south, in the subduction zone of the Philippine Plate that pushes under the Eurasian mass, indicate that the Median Tectonic Line must run undersea parallel with the Ryukyu Islands chain and the Volcanic Line.
These lines of vulcanism and seismic activity are representative a larger interconnected geophysical system of the Pacific Rim, underlying the so-called Ring of Fire. The prestigious Caltech Seismological Laboratory, however, has been extensively cited in the news media for claiming the earthquakes in Kumamoto and Ecuador are unconnected and that the close timing was just a coincidence.
In denial of the obvious, Caltech must be participating in an official cover-up. Aside from Ecuador (Richter 7.8, date 4.16) and Kumamoto (6.4 and 7.0, 4.16), there was a Richter 6.5 quake in Vanuatu (R6.7) on the same day. Over subsequent days, lesser quakes occurred in Taiwan (4.60); Mindanoa, Phillipines (5.0); MacQuarie Island south of Australia (4.5); and in the eastern Pacific, Chile and Guatemala. What are the bookie’s odds for so many quakes throughout the Pacific Basin within a three-day span?
Earth’s Core Off Axis
What mega-force could account for these quakes, large and small? Only one force is big enough to rattle the entire Pacific Plate. The rotation of the Earth’s core has been off-kilter since the December 2004 Asian tsunami and even more so since the 311 Fukushima disaster. The analogy is a spinning top knocked off its axis by an obstacle, as rotational centrifugal force is being dissipated by erratic centripetal energies.
The impact of the Earth’s core against the underside of the Pacific Plate would trigger wild vibrations that release energy at the pressure points along the fault-lines on the edges of the Pacific-and-Philippine plates.
An out-of-control core cannot be admitted to by any scientific institution or university that receives grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF), NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency), NASA, the Rockefeller or Ford foundations, and other official arms of corporate sci-tech ideology. The science establishment today is hardly the free-thinking realm of eccentric experimenters like Count Volta or Ben Franklin, it is a self-absorbed, hypocritical high priesthood promising an off-planet future and eternal life to their patrons among the Wall Street banksters and globalist financiers.
Tumbling into Outer Space
Official denial is partly due to the fact that the Indian Ocean tsunami, which killed a quarter-million people, was a human-caused event, resulting from the use of nuclear isotopes inside depth charges exploded for gamma-ray and acoustic scanning of undersea geology in search of oil-and-gas deposits off the southern shore of Sumatra. The inherent risk of “sub-nuclear” tomography, triggered with plutonium pellets, is the potential detonation of a dome of natural gas in the seafloor, as happened in 2004.
At the time of Asian tsunami, then U.S. undersecretary of state Robert Zoellick was overseeing a highway construction project along the south shore of Sumatra for service the future petroleum ports. For his role in the manslaughter, the Clinton crony was kicked upstairs to the presidency of The World Bank, which is how Washington DC punishes the genocidal criminals on its payroll.
The second slam-dunk against the Earth’s core came from the Fukushima No.3 reactor explosion on March 15, 2011. The two-stage event, of a fusion (tritium-deuterium) blast that triggered a fission explosion, occurred mostly below ground. The explosion sent shock waves into the fragmented subduction zone and magma under the plant, adding to the destabilization from the March 11 earthquake, which had pushed back the shoreline of northern Japan by 8 meters.
The biggest impact on March 15, however, was from the Reactor 3 cannonade of gamma rays that disrupted the electromagnetic field generated by the Earth’s core. The scrambling of the Earth’s EM field lines was noticed in spring 2011 by thousands of residents of North America and Australia who heard “strange humming sounds” emanating from forests and wooden buildings, which acted like speaker boxes.
The orchestra of weird sounds was an oddity for the curious, whereas the larger prospects of potential loss of the atmosphere should by now be of greater public interest. If any of the Fukushima effects of electromagnetic disturbances, such as the California drought or winter tornadoes, were tracked and studied by the high priests of sold-out science, the data are being kept inside the X-Files. How pathetic and squeamish the academic fraudsters, those albino rats in white lab coats!
Magnetic North Adrift
How can we be certain that our rotating planet is off its axis? Because the magnetic North Pole has been drifting from its former center at a rate of 40 kilometers per year toward Siberia, a pace that has been accelerating since the Fukushima disaster. (Other Fukushima-caused planetary ills include the sudden opening of a new Arctic Ozone Hole and the tritium-caused fragmentation of the northern ice cap.) The magnetic pole is a feature of the Earth’s metallic core, which is rotating away from the rotational course of the Earth’s crust. Official science, on the payroll of the nuclear industry and the atomic-weapons complex, dares not honestly discuss this potential outcome of orbital ballistics since the ripping-apart of the Earth’s mantle will be their responsibility and that of their criminal corporate masters.
One possible outcome of the shredding of our planetary mantle is spectacular show of fireworks from massive volcanic eruptions spewing clouds of deadly gas and ash. The other scenario is much less colorful: After a loss of energy to wider arcs of wobbling, the spinless orb topples and plummets toward the Sun. In either case, the reckless human species and their priestly know-it-alls will no longer be around to threaten other living planets. Perhaps at that final moment, the giant antennae of the search for intelligent life known as Project SETI will tune into an alien voice uttering: “Good riddance to my worst mistake ever.”
The damage from the Ecuadorean and Kumamoto quakes serves as early warning of how the thin fabric of this planet’s surface can burst apart at the seams. As pointed out early in this essay, the explosive Median Tectonic Line is Japan’s San Andreas Fault, and therefore that disaster epic of the same title could be a preview of what’s coming soon near you.
Yoichi Shimatsu, a science journalist based in Hong Kong, has conducted extensive field studies of radioactivity and its effects on the natural environment and human health inside the Fukushima exclusion zone.
|Donate to Rense.com Support Free & Honest Journalism At Rense.com||Subscribe To RenseRadio! Enormous Online Archives, MP3s, Streaming Audio Files, Highest Quality Live Programs|