- Were they lunar aliens, or was it sheer
- Senator John Glenn, the first American
astronaut to orbit the Earth, has blasted back into space aboard the shuttle
- but could he experience anything as weird as the cigar-shaped UFO he
allegedly saw and photographed on his original Mercury flight in 1962?
- Glenn's incredible picture is reproduced
on http://www.anomalous-images.com/astroufo.html where photos and comments
about alien craft by 17 US spacemen are logged.
- The images range from point-like lights
captured (supposedly) by Ed White, the first American to walk in space,
to fiery clusters of orange, "photographed" during the Gemini
11 space flight on September 13, 1966.
- Transcripts are also reprinted, including
one that, it is claimed, was picked up by VHF radio hams in 1969, monitoring
the exchanges which were not broadcast between Neil Armstrong, the first
man on the moon, and Mission Control in Houston.
- Nasa: "What's there? Mission Control
calling Apollo 11."
- Apollo 11: "These babies are huge,
sir! Enormous! Oh my God! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there
are other spacecraft out there,lined up on the far side of the crater edge!
They're on the Moon watching us!"
- And later, during a Nasa symposium, an
unnamed professor interviewed Armstrong:
- Professor: "What really happened
out there with Apollo 11?"
- Armstrong: "It was incredible. Of
course we had always known there was a possibility. The fact is, we were
warned off! [by the aliens]. There was never any question then of a space
station or a moon city."
- Professor: "How do you mean, "warned
- Armstrong: "I can't go into details,
except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and
technology. Boy, were they big! And menacing! No, there is no question
of a space station."
- Can any of this be true? Last week I
spoke to Captain Edgar Mitchell of Apollo 14, the sixth man on the moon
and a serious scientific investigator of parapsychology. His verdict: "Pure
- He asked me, "Who's to say why anyone
would make up any story? I haven't heard these stories before, but they
are inventions. We discussed this issue, the other astronauts and I, and
they are all pure fiction. We know exactly what goes on, and these claims
just are not true."
- I've known Ed Mitchell a long time, and
he is a great hero of mine. His words pose a huge question - why would
anyone go to such lengths to invent these tales?