- EVIL Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein is suffering from cancer, it was
reported last night.
- The 61-year-old Gulf tyrant has allegedly
been seeking treatment from doctors in Europe.
- And Saddam has been receiving life-saving
chemo-therapy, Israeli TV station Channel 2 claimed. It said the information
had been relayed to US President Bill Clinton during the Middle East peace
summit he's hosting in Maryland.
- Other world leaders have also been informed.
- But the Iraqi Embassy in London last
night dismissed the reports.
- A spokesman said: "It's just propaganda.
- "There is nothing true in the story.
It's wrong. I haven't heard anything about it."
- The claims are the second set of ill-health
reports involving Saddam in recent days.
- A Kuwaiti newspaper said last week he
had colon cancer.
- But there has been no obvious sign that
Saddam is seriously ill.
- He has chaired three sessions of his
Cabinet in the last 10 days - all shown on Iraqi television.
- And the reports come from two of his
- Saddam rained 39 Scud missiles on Israel
during the 1991 Gulf War, which was sparked by his invasion of Kuwait.
- Last night a Foreign Office spokeswoman
said of the report: "It's come out of the blue. I have heard nothing."